Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Simpsons

Default Lego Simpsons

It's probably been announced on Lego sites somewhere, but I just saw this today... Lego Simpsons, in time for their 25th year next year.

If they end up doing a fairly decent amount of Springfield, I might be tempted to get into this... if the minifigures look good.

wow. with the amzing amount of content the Simpsons have in their history a LEGO series seems fitting. I would really like to see modular building sets of the more important settings like the Simpsons house, Flanders, Moe's tavern, Powerplant, Springfield Elementary and maybe the Evil Base of Hank Scorpio. Smaller Sets i would like to see would include The Homer car, Bart's Treehouse etc.

basically if they made LEGO versions of the stuff in the Simpsons Tapped Out game - that would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    wow. with the amzing amount of content the Simpsons have in their history a LEGO series seems fitting. I would really like to see modular building sets of the more important settings like the Simpsons house, Flanders, Moe's tavern, Powerplant, Springfield Elementary and maybe the Evil Base of Hank Scorpio. Smaller Sets i would like to see would include The Homer car, Bart's Treehouse etc.

basically if they made LEGO versions of the stuff in the Simpsons Tapped Out game - that would be pretty cool.
    Hank Scorpio. Loved that episode.

Great news! But it will probably mean 30 bucks for a small set with two minifigures and a few bricks.

Also LEGO don't have the greatest track record of set design when it comes to licensed themes (asides from Star Wars which they do amazing sets of, but that is now a full-time gig for the Lego brand).

With stuff like the Simpsons I think fans will be looking for detailed recreations of their favourite Simpsons settings which is something LEGO will not be able to deliver at a non-exclusive level. So prepare for a single wall fascia of the Kwik-E-Mart, a 2 desk classroom at Springfield Elementary and some generic industrial looking set that's meant to be the springfield nuclear power plant with Mr Burns' office.

On the bright side, Ralph Wiggum minifigure! (I hope)

I think they are making a power plant set of homers little cubicle, so that could be done easily.
    The house will be the tricky one to appease fans.

I bet lego do what they did with LotR, split the family up over the first wave of 5-6 sets so you have to buy them all or pay crazy eBay prices for the mini figs.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Then hopefully a Lego Simpsons game
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Then hopefully a Lego Simpsons game
    hah, that didn't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Hank Scorpio. Loved that episode.
    He needs to come with a flame-thrower

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Someone has found a picture of one of the new Simpsons sets on Eurobricks

I am so going to get this. I didn't think they were going to do the whole house.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|