View Poll Results: MP19 Smokescreen - worth buying?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 93.55%
  • No

0 0%
  • Only if

1 3.23%
  • Zero Interest

1 3.23%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP-19 Masterpiece Smokescreen

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Transform and roll out

Smokescreen looks stunning a great paintjob on him and he really looks unique of the 3 datsuns. Originally I was just going to buy only Prowl and Bluestreak but he just looks fantastic in both modes. Can't wait till Ultra Magnus comes out since I have plenty of cars to load into him now.
    That looks AMAZING.

Loving the MPs - can't wait to see what comes in 2014

Got Smokescreen today. So happy! It's an awesome toy (along with his Datsun brethren, about whom I am unable to find review threads - can someone point the way for me?).

Unlike my MP Sideswipe, the paint apps are immaculate and bright, the mould itself is just so nicely done and I especially liked the transformation of the feet and legs, which is innovative and very well executed.

Also, kudos to Takara for making the three Datsun MP's different from one another in ways other than their colours. Really pleased they didn't take the easy way out on that count.

Only slight disappointment for me, which is the same as the most recent Autobot car MPs, and that is the lack of rubber tires, but it's a minor quibble.

Highly recommended!

Here's a link to my blog article on the MP Nissan trio! Hope you can check it out

http://www.koolkollectibles.net/2013...ece-mp-17.html

Smokescreen is nice, love the paint apps. Would have loved to actually have mesh across the 3 openings in the front body-kit, but small issue.

Of the 3, I like Streak the best still. Simplest and purest colour scheme and amazing headsculpt.

Got my MP Smokescreen today. I love the detail on the character, and also his car mode. If I was going to say something negative about him, I would've like some more detail done to his tail lights, like what the G1 version had.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    Got my MP Smokescreen today. I love the detail on the character, and also his car mode. If I was going to say something negative about him, I would've like some more detail done to his tail lights, like what the G1 version had.
    Yeah totally agree , I don't know what they where trying to do there with the back lights, there doesn't seem to be any reference of the real car racing car looking like that ... they should of left it like the other datson , I guess they where trying to make it look different

Overall this toy is as well done as the other MP Nissans. I'm not fond of the unsightly gaps in the front fender in robot mode. I do like how they retooled the shoulders though -- I totally was not expecting that and it came as a complete surprise when I opened this toy and transformed it for the first time! Mine doesn't hold the rifle as tightly as Prowl and Bluestreak, especially on the right hand.

I got mine from Amazon JP which is where I got my MP Prowl and Bluestreak from, both of which came with an exclusive launcher (and before then my Amazon MP Soundwave w/ 2 extra Energon cubes). I was kinda disappointed that MP Smokescreen didn't come w/ any Amazon exclusive stuff. Would've been nice if they included a small cable that could clip onto the groove inside the palm (which Smokescreen used to hack into a slot machine in "The Gambler") Yeah... Gok's 1st World Problems.

Like the other MP cars, I personally don't think MP Smokescreen is worth paying full RRP, especially considering that he's a bit more expensive than the others too. Recommended if you can get it below RRP. Now this is one time where preordering has worked out being more expensive for me! Since the toy came out, Amazon Japan has slashed their price, now selling MP Smokescreen at 47% off! i.e. 3618JPY (AU$38.50) -- of course, Amazon JP requires a Japanese postal address, so it's not an option that'll be available to everyone. But perhaps other retailers will start reducing their prices too, which would be good news for those who didn't preorder.

P.S.: Comparison pics between all 3 MP Nissans w/ G1, BT and Classicsverse posted on the MP Nissans Comparison Thread
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 4th January 2014 at 02:22 PM.

Finally got around to opening this guy today. Like with Prowl I was very impressed with the transformation process and both modes look brilliant! Not a great fan of his shoulder cannons but they are accurate re: the cartoon and thats what MP's are all about so I'll happily keep them on him.

Smokescreen really is beautiful, such a nicely done paint job. I would have liked maybe a few more decals but what's there does look great. Maybe i'll see what Reprolabels comes up with.

Like others have said, i find the lack of grill on the front pretty strange though! There's obviously room for a piece in there so my first thought was that mine was missing a piece.

Can anyone think of a reason why it doesn't have the grill? I mean something like race cars not needing a grill so the engine keeps cooler? I'm just making up shit here, i don't know