Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LEGO Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Stupidly overpriced is an understatement. When I looked up the price of all the packs on EB games website, worked out to be around $1500 all up. Who would pay that kinda money for a game? Someone worked out $1370 from other stores. It's beyond a joke how much much it works out to be
    have you added up the cost of all the Disney infinity add ons? I have not but I think you might be surprised at the total between Infinity 1, 2 and 3, not to mention all the skylanders that are on the market these days.

It's the most ingenious way of monetizing a game I've ever seen.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    have you added up the cost of all the Disney infinity add ons? I have not but I think you might be surprised at the total between Infinity 1, 2 and 3, not to mention all the skylanders that are on the market these days.

It's the most ingenious way of monetizing a game I've ever seen.
    Fair point. I'm pretty sure Disney Infinity sell individual figures for like $15-20 a pop. You get a vehicle and character for $20 with Lego Dimensions.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

<cough>amiibo</cough>
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

For those looking to get into this, Kmart will be having the Starter Pack on sale as of the 26th Nov - till 9th Dec for $99. This is the lowest price it has been in Australia.

I got this with the Simpsons and Jurassic sets as a surprise from the GF for xmas, pretty gud, but those prices man. Luckily I don't bother with 100%

That voice cast though, it's no wonder they are nickel and dime-ing this. Must have been very expensive to make.

I got this for Xmas, and also picked up the dr who add on, it's brilliant!

I like some of the themes they have like Portal, Back To the Future, etc but I can't justify the huge price point of $50-$60 for simple lego sets that basically scan like Ammibos that only cost $15.

Edit: I started to watch the Youtube trailers and I am afraid that it is tempting me...
    Last edited by kup; 6th January 2016 at 10:24 AM.

You don't need to buy them....

Having an actual figure gives you access to their "world" to explore. A level pack gives you more to the basic game.

But as you play, when you come to an obstacle for someone for wave 1, you can "hire" the required character to get past that... Provided the next wave has been released... (So you still can't get into the ghost busters parts yet)

You rack up studs quickly enough (but you only get a x2 multiplier is this game) so you can get most things now.

I've stopped for the moment as I don't see the point in doing the few levels I need three or four times as I am waiting on the ghostbusters sets.
    Then I can finish it off.

Great game, just wish it wasn't so expensive.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)