Page 964 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 944954959960961962963964965966967968969974984 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Townsville is a horrible place with no weather variance, terrible drivers, lazy store opening hours and a not overly intelligent population. There is no public transport. It is too far away from everything. The only place it's not worse than is Swan Hill. There are like three Big Ws here and I still don't expect to see anything beyond Wave 1 of Power of the Primes for another six months. The libraries books are literally falling apart.
    Don't hold back.

Townsville is a horrible place with no weather variance, terrible drivers, lazy store opening hours and a not overly intelligent population. There is no public transport. It is too far away from everything. The only place it's not worse than is Swan Hill. There are like three Big Ws here and I still don't expect to see anything beyond Wave 1 of Power of the Primes for another six months. The libraries books are literally falling apart.

I would rather be in Melbourne. I would rathe be in Bendigo. I can handle the cold. Negative temperatures? Please. That's nothing. Its easier to get warm than cool down.
    Looks like we got some sort of city folk here missing their fancy trains, trams and soy lattes BTT, Townsville and Swan Hill smashed in one paragraph. Should we tune up the band or let it slide.

Also, who the F goes to a library?
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    My partner coz she hates whats on TV. Plus, it gives our little one a chance to play with other kids
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

yea, most libraries do this weekly thing called rhyme time, for parents and kids. It's pretty good and interactive. very challenging if you are trying to handle twins though. My wife hasn't taken the kids in a while now, it's just too hard.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Looks like we got some sort of city folk here missing their fancy trains, trams and soy lattes BTT, Townsville and Swan Hill smashed in one paragraph. Should we tune up the band or let it slide.

Considering my favourite places in Australia are Ballarat and The Grampians and I don't drink coffee... good to see those Country assumptions are as with the times as ever. :P (Also, come on, don't be that guy that defends Swan Hill. Only people who will never ever leave Swan Hill defend Swan Hill, and I'd hate to think there was another Transformers fan there that I ignored for a year--I made one friend in Target because I wouldn't let him badmouth the Switch without playing it. ) I will admit. I like the Infamous Geek, and I went to Cactus Jack the other night.

Library memberships have actually been on the rise for years, I was getting ready to start my library studies course to become a librarian which I can't do up here, and you can get everything from comics to rare books to video games and DVDs from the library, to great places to study, to even filling in some time before a train., it's a great way to try things out before you buy. And it's a great way for poor people to stay literate. You may have been joking about the library, but, seriously, don't. Libraries are invaluable. When we lose them it's the start of the apocalypse.

Library memberships have actually been on the rise for years, I was getting ready to start my library studies course to become a librarian which I can't do up here, and you can get everything from comics to rare books to video games and DVDs from the library, to great places to study, to even filling in some time before a train., it's a great way to try things out before you buy. And it's a great way for poor people to stay literate. You may have been joking about the library, but, seriously, don't. Libraries are invaluable. When we lose them it's the start of the apocalypse.
    I was actually going to say, aside from the absence of cold weather and the luxury of having 3 Big Ws (try one smallish KMart and a Target Country - Burnie does slightly better with a larger KMart and a tiny regular Target) that all sounds a lot like Devonport/NW Tassie.

But I have to give it to Tasmania, the library system here is great. Everything Gouki said, except there's literally one train line in the entire state and it's not for passengers.
    Libraries are awesome.

When we lose them it's the start of the apocalypse.
    have to agree with this
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Galvatran Guest

Considering my favourite places in Australia are Ballarat *snip*
    I was there yesterday for the footy. It was horrible & I'm not talkin' bout my team losing. Freezing cold, flash rain at times & the wind chill. Not good when standing in the open in a next-to-useless biodegradable poncho!

I would rather be in Melbourne. I would rathe be in Bendigo. I can handle the cold. Negative temperatures? Please. That's nothing. Its easier to get warm than cool down.
    Hahahaha you truely sound like Karl Pilkington. You should travel more and blog it.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I was there yesterday for the footy. It was horrible & I'm not talkin' bout my team losing. Freezing cold, flash rain at times & the wind chill. Not good when standing in the open in a next-to-useless biodegradable poncho!
    It's winter. It is not like that 365 days a year. Serves you right for liking sport. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Hahahaha you truely sound like Karl Pilkington. You should travel more and blog it.
    We can't all live the glamorous Bris Vegas life of getting stabbed for walking through parks at night. :P (My partner really wants to take me to Brisbane. He loves it, having grown up splitting time between there and Vic.)

I had to Google Karl Pilkington, though. Not sure how much I trust someone who keeps. Inflicting Gervais on us haha