Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists wanted for Ozformers comic

Default Artists wanted for Ozformers comic

An upcoming Ozformers exclusive project is a TFs comic, and I want to see what sort of artists we have, and who's interested in participating.

Depending on what sort of story members here are interested in, and how long the comic issue/story ends up becoming, if you are interested, I would allocated pages according to your skills and available time (or how much you think you might be able to do in a certain timeframe).

Those people interested, please post here with what sort of artwork you do (either post samples, or a link to your site), and how proficient you feel you are (as in, how fast you think you are).

As with the Calendar, permission will be sought from Hasbro (and IDW), but it will still be done without permission... it just won't be as well publicised here while it is being done.

*puts hand up*

Samples:

(don't worry about that pic of Jazz in the middle -- I drew that in 1990 )

School holidays would be the most ideal time for me to work on drawing a comic.

I'd love to be involved in this but don't know how much time I'll have to spare.

I''m happy for any of my previous drawings (see Kreative thread) to be used or included in some form.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

These are some pics I came up with when I couldn't be bothered working. With the beast wars characters I drew them in a way that suited thier character (imo)

Rattrap in a slender athletic style to emphasise him as a spy/saboteur
    Tarantulas got a major redesign, a more horrific style made him more monster like, also added the hair to better reflect his Tarantula mode.
    Inferno was inspired by Looney Tunes & Deadpool, to best reflect his insanity.
    and a generic seeker based on the classics fig.

all were done without any reference, so if details are missing that's why.

Honestly I'd only really be suited for BW.

hmm well I can draw. It takes me a few hours to make what I want to draw Just need a description of what needs to be drawn and some references material on hand - eg a figure in front of me, as I prefer to add details as much as I can. I also do not know how to use photoshop so I can't do colored drawings unless I draw em and color them by hand ... then scan em. mayhaps someone else can put in the inking and coloring...I also need much improvement in random posing, they all look like they're squatting as much as posing a TF in my drawings

here's some I made years ago, pardon the date... I havent done much since if any at all... just not erm inspired

Erm This one didnt get finished... I kinda lost my inspiration to continue it

This one used to be in my sig when I was doing a checklist of the few G1 TFs I have left to collect so its a random collective grouping

well Im mostly faster drawing Super deformed kinda Tfs anyways

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hmm well I can draw. It takes me a few hours to make what I want to draw Just need a description of what needs to be drawn and some references material on hand - eg a figure in front of me, as I prefer to add details as much as I can. I also do not know how to use photoshop so I can't do colored drawings unless I draw em and color them by hand ... then scan em. mayhaps someone else can put in the inking and coloring...I also need much improvement in random posing, they all look like they're squatting as much as posing a TF in my drawings

here's some I made years ago, pardon the date... I havent done much since if any at all... just not erm inspired

Erm This one didnt get finished... I kinda lost my inspiration to continue it

This one used to be in my sig when I was doing a checklist of the few G1 TFs I have left to collect so its a random collective grouping

well Im mostly faster drawing Super deformed kinda Tfs anyways

Those Group pictures are awesome, I'd lose scale as I went and get smaller and smaller to fit everything in.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Those Group pictures are awesome, I'd lose scale as I went and get smaller and smaller to fit everything in.
    Thanks, I try. It wouldve been very very hard if I included the micromasters.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Some great pencils there Liege. You should do more.

I'm happy to do some pencil work for OzFormers, but I can't ink or colour, only pencil.

And I'm not very fast - can do around a single A3 sheet in three hours.

Samples of my work can be found here: http://wildspark.deviantart.com/gallery/24992933

The better parts of my posted work so far would be something like these:

For reference, here's some of my non-TF stuff: http://wildspark.deviantart.com/gallery/24992936

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sam; 19th March 2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: fixed typo

a comic/story;this is a great idea! there is some really good artwork being displayed here!
    reminds me of how i used to make/draw my own (unauthorised) tfs comics eons ago!?!