Thread: Minor mods to generations Kup and Grappel

Default Minor mods to generations Kup and Grappel

Saw these by TFW2005 Radicons and thought I'd have a go. In both cases they were done to move things that I felt got in the way of the robot mode.

KUP

'I've seen this show before..'

Removed the door panels from Kup's arms. I used a soldering iron to heat up the pins holding the panels on to the forearms, drilled holes in the back of his legs and stuck the panels there. The panels can still go on his forearms, but naturally without the pin they're not as secure (altho they are pretty tight).
    WARNING: be careful with the soldering iron. I slipped a bit removing the first pin and melted a little groove into the socket for the pin. If you want to try this mod, I'd hold the soldering iron to the pin for not more than 30 seconds.

GRAPPEL

not the most elegant of poses....

I think I've seen a similar mod to Inferno on these boards. Use a 5mm drill to drill out the little socket in Grappel's butt, and use an 8mm drill to carve a hole in the black flap so it will be able to go down in vehicle mode. I had only a timber plug lying around to use.... one day I'll find a metal or black one. His ladder can be pulled on and off his forearm, so vehicle mode will look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    GRAPPEL

not the most elegant of poses....

I think I've seen a similar mod to Inferno on these boards. Use a 5mm drill to drill out the little socket in Grappel's butt, and use an 8mm drill to carve a hole in the black flap so it will be able to go down in vehicle mode. I had only a timber plug lying around to use.... one day I'll find a metal or black one. His ladder can be pulled on and off his forearm, so vehicle mode will look the same.
    Did what I was aiming to do. I have removed the crane from his arm to plug onto the back somehow, and you have got me a way to do it, so thank you. I'm gonna attmept this this weekend using a metal plug from Bunnings.