Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: AUS Target DotM Competition & Website

Default AUS Target DotM Competition & Website

From the endcap display at a Target store, a website promotion was listed, called 'Unlock the Secrets' (UtS), at this location - http://transformers.target.com.au/

The Promotion has 12 small prizes over 7 weeks, plus a grand prize at the end.

Purchase any Transformers Item over $5 at Target between May 15th to July 3rd 2011, to receive a 3D gamecard (12 different collector cards, released over the 7 weeks - see schedule below).
    Each card has a different 6-digit code on the back, which grants entry to the part of the UtS website corresponding to that Card.

Entry to the UtS website with your code enters you into one of the 12 prize draws over the 7 weeks, as well as the Grand Prize Draw.
    Grand Prize entry also requires a 25-word entry at time of entering code for the 12 minor prizes.

Entry is open to all Australian Residents, online only.
    Promotion is valid whilst stocks last.
    Excludes Layby purchases.

Schedule of Collector Cards and Prize Draws:
    (each week looks to be Mon-Sun, with prize drawn that next Wed)
    Week 1 - Cards/Draws 1-4 (drawn 25th May)
    Week 2 - Card/Draw 5 (drawn 1st June)
    Week 3 - Card/Draw 6 (drawn 8th June)
    Week 4 - Card/Draw 7 (drawn 15th June)
    Week 5 - Card/Draw 8 (drawn 22nd June)
    Week 6 - Card/Draw 9 (drawn 29th June)
    Week 7 - Cards/Draws 10-12 (drawn 6th July)

(Card 10 is week 7 in T&Cs, but week 6 on the section for entering access codes)

Winners will be notified by email and prizes sent by courier within 3 weeks of being drawn.

The 12 Minor Prizes contains:
    1 TF Leader toy
    1 TF Voyager toy
    1 TF Deluxe toy
    2 TF3 Video Games
    1 TF DVD Boxset
    1 Target $50 Giftcard
    (Total Target Retail Value of each pack - $500)

The Major Grand Prize contains:
    1 PS3 120Gb Console
    1 TCL Transformers TV
    1 Nintendo 3DS
    1 Exclusive Transformers toy(?)
    2 TF3 Video Games
    1 TF DVD Boxset
    1 Target $500 Giftcard
    1 "complete" set of Mechtech TF toys
    (Total Target Retail Value of this pack - $7,820)

The 12 minor prize draws are random, and are not requiring a gaming permit for being under $5000 value.
    The Grand Prize is a game of skill, based on the 25-word entry submitted with Entry Code.
    (I don't know yet what the 25-word question is)

Promotion is by Hasbro.
    Last edited by griffin; 25th May 2011 at 08:47 PM.

Hmm...

Certainly gives incentive to purchase a couple of items from Target, but uh - Griffin?:

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Purchase any Transformers Item over $5 at Target between May 15th to July 3rd 2001,

Same cards our Farmers are giving away with each TF purchase -- and all cards are available at the start of the promo.

Default Target TF Collector Card Promotion

My apologies if this is old or already posted, but I couldn't see anything about it after a quick search. Anyhoo, while at Target yesterday, I bought two TF tees, and they gave me a lenticular Optimus Prime collector card for purchasing TF products over $5. I checked the site on the back when I got home and entered the competition (nice prizes =o), discovering there are more cards to collect over the coming weeks (4x cards for week 1, then a single card per week thereafter). Something worth noting that I discovered when returning today for the other 3 cards, if you want all 4 of the week 1 cards, get your 4 purchases on separate receipts, because their T&C's state "1 card per transaction", not per product.

Anyhoo, I hope this helps someone, the lenticular cards look purty cool, 2x of them are single 3D image, the other 2x are 2-step images, plus the prizes look pretty sweet =o)

http://transformers.target.com.au/

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

i Purchased a Roadbuster today and when asked about the free card they had no idea what i was talking about

great communication .....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i Purchased a Roadbuster today and when asked about the free card they had no idea what i was talking about

great communication .....
    They are truly the stuff of champions... -.-

I went to a local Big W today, they had a store room trolley full of DotM stock ready to put out, and I got there just as the guy opened the first case. I got excited to witness this, then he glanced at the stamp on the box; "Do not put on shelves before May 16th, 2011". At this he put the box down, walked away, half an hour later, still gone, so I figured he gave up even though the two other local Big W's have had theirs out for 2-3 days. Is it just me, or do they intentionally employ people who just don't care about what they are selling and don't bother to check anything? I'm sure a quick ask of the manager would be a better solution than leaving a massive cart of stock hogging the isle until the next day, yes?

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

It's a pretty clever way of making people make multiple purchases - at least 12 over seven weeks - if you want to collect the set, or enter each of the 7 competitions.

Over $5??? I doubt there's anything less than $5 that's TFs related... they shoulda just said 'any TFs purchase'.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's a pretty clever way of making people make multiple purchases - at least 12 over seven weeks - if you want to collect the set, or enter each of the 7 competitions.

Over $5??? I doubt there's anything less than $5 that's TFs related... they shoulda just said 'any TFs purchase'.
    rts legends on clearance for $3ea? if there are still any around...

i did return to target the next day and purchased a Legion Figure and i asked about the cards again and got an "oh Yeah we have those" she pulled out the first 4 (none had been opened from the packet they were delivered in so i dont think they have given any out before) and gave me two of each

i did notice that on the back of the cards the numbers on the individual cards are the same eg the two megatron cards have the same number etc etc

my bumblebee cards didnt recognise the code and i have not tried the other two yet

the question i had was in 25 words or less how would you transform your room?

or something like that.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Is anyone interested in exchanging duplicates? I'm desperate to collect all the set (not so interested in competition codes), but my store only seemed to have megatron and bumblebee

Alternately, I might be willing to subsidize your legion/legends purchases if you're willing to sell me a set of cards
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!