Thread: Hong Kong Fashion Magazine exclusive toys

Default Hong Kong Fashion Magazine exclusive toys

Yes, that's right... A fashion Magazine has a couple Transformers exclusive toys coming. Yep, not one but two toys - Deluxe Optimus in full colour and also in black - to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the magazine.

Apparently they are hand-painted (probably just the extra detailing/decos, as the plastic parts are already done in the necessary colours), so could be very limited.

The magazine is called 'Milk' (an odd name for a fashion magazine), and it will have details on how these two toys are being released in the next issue.
    But for now, you can see what they look like here.

I actually bought silver paint yesterday to paint over all the grey on my DOTM deluxe OP. These two look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I actually bought silver paint yesterday to paint over all the grey on my DOTM deluxe OP. These two look awesome.
    Did you use paintbrushes or airbrushes?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Did you use paintbrushes or airbrushes?
    I haven't started yet. I have an airbrush but I was thinking of painting him with a brush.

Where do you get those tools from? I'd like to do some "plastic surgery" to my Optimus too...but would need not only the tools, but also the skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Where do you get those tools from? I'd like to do some "plastic surgery" to my Optimus too...but would need not only the tools, but also the skills.
    I bought little tins of paint from the model section at Toyworld. I already have an airbrush and masses of paintbrushes due to being an art geek and my dad is a model railroader so I'm going to see if he can assist me. I'll post pictures when I get around to starting.

I bought little tins of paint from the model section at Toyworld. I already have an airbrush and masses of paintbrushes due to being an art geek and my dad is a model railroader so I'm going to see if he can assist me. I'll post pictures when I get around to starting.
    Sorry to interrupt with something slightly off-topic; but I just noticed the highlighted Jena, is it HO scale that your Father is in to?
    My father is into Scale Steam Locomotives too, though of a slightly larger variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Sorry to interrupt with something slightly off-topic; but I just noticed the highlighted Jena, is it HO scale that your Father is in to?
    My father is into Scale Steam Locomotives too, though of a slightly larger variety.
    My dad's trains are N scale. They're pretty cool. I even made him set up a blog on wordpress for his trains.

My dad's trains are N scale. They're pretty cool. I even made him set up a blog on wordpress for his trains.
    That's awesome, unfortunately I think that the old Steam Loco Hobbies are on their last legs as fewer and fewer people seem to be taking up those hobbies with fewer and fewer kids ever even seeing/knowing what a Steam Train is (Beyond Thomas) and the same goes for the skills required.

The sort of Scale my Father, his Father and his Father before him did/do for a hobby is 5inch gauge and this is the club their affiliated with.
    I'll try and get some pictures of the 2 locos that my Father owns and PM them to you so as not to further 'derail' this thread any more than I have.