Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Grapple's Creative Stuff

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 17th September 2011, 10:40 PM
Hursticon's Avatar
Hursticon Hursticon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Mar 2010
Location: Dapto
Posts: 12,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
I foresee this project growing into a super big myth in the coming months...

Always meant to ask...are these like the Japanese names for the BWs TFs or what? Because they sound like a hell of a zoo...

I'm ashamed to say my knowledge of BWs is next to zero. I've actually tried tfwiki on those "names" above but didn't help at all...
Not... Quite... Sure... What Autocon is getting at, but those assorted animals he's mentioned are members of the Japanese Beast Wars Neo cast of whom are detailed here.

There were 2 Japanese only Beast Wars series that were sequels to the Western Beast Wars CG cartoon.
Both Beast Wars 2nd (Written as II) and Beast Wars Neo were animated in the more classic 2D animation technique and were quite popular over in Japan but they're still sort of at a distance to Westerners as there has never been any official Subtitles or 'Fan-Subs' done for either series nor English Dubbing ; although for the Beast Wars II Movie there were English Subtitles produced.

I hope that gives you a little clarification Arcee.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 18th September 2011, 01:02 AM
SkyWarp91's Avatar
SkyWarp91 SkyWarp91 is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 12th Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 3,785
Default

The thing is that at the start the general consensus was that this project was going to start off as a Classics / Generations / G1 themed project. The Beast Wars ideas do sound good (and thanks heaps for contributing Autocon) but I think they'd be better suited towards the next OTCA stop motion project.

There's plenty of talented minds here but I think if we keep them focused on one theme we can actually work towards a storyline, otherwise we'll just keep thinking and thinking of different plots here and there and don't really move beyond the brainstorming phase.

Just my 2 cents worth.
__________________
WATCH MY NEW FILM HERE:



MY WANTS THREAD-MY SALES SALOON-MY FEEDBACK THREAD-MY CREATIVE SPACE
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 18th September 2011, 02:03 AM
Hursticon's Avatar
Hursticon Hursticon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Mar 2010
Location: Dapto
Posts: 12,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
Just my 2 cents worth.
And a very valid point, as much as I love Beast Wars, I believe the focus should remain with the original concept of basing the 1st Production in the Classicsverse.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 18th September 2011, 02:26 AM
Firestorm's Avatar
Firestorm Firestorm is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 28th Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 886
Default

wow, alot of stuff has been happening lately i see,

I agree with what Skywarp and Hursticon have said, for our first stop motion project we as a group should create a sinlge general plot and then let everyone focus on adding ideas to it

my only idea right now is to explore the history of Obsidian and Strika (from beast machines) as war generals in the clasicsverse point in time, but i have no idea how we'd go about doing that
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 18th September 2011, 11:51 AM
kup's Avatar
kup kup is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 28th Dec 2007
Location: NSW
Posts: 13,707
Default

I have begun writing mine. Please give me some time to finish it.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 19th September 2011, 11:20 PM
Arcee's Avatar
Arcee Arcee is offline
Rank 1 - New/Inactive
 
Join Date: 20th Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
Just my 2 cents worth.
This 2 cents may just be my saving grace, lol; otherwise it will probably be a four year full time uni course to do before I can find my way around the other universe


Quote:
Originally Posted by kup View Post
I have begun writing mine. Please give me some time to finish it.
Sorry Kup. Can't wait. I'm feeling my expectation reaching its explosion point.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:09 PM
Autocon Autocon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 9th Apr 2008
Location: WEST AUST
Posts: 3,786
Default

My story was set in the transitional period. Not entirely of bws.

Looking forward to kups story

Arcee have you never seen bws?

We can't use botcon characters? Thinking a melding of universes but the catch is there can only be one! We have the normal verse and the opposite verse. So OP and negative OP from shattered glass. One must die otherwise they both have severe pain or .... . How about their bodies are attracted to each other like magnets and so if one does not die then they fuse together in a mess and become one. It could be based on an alt G1 universe aswell. So the minds fight each other until one is successful. Then you could have many truces, SG op with SG meg, op with meg, SG op with meg, op with SG meg.

And if certain characters die/live then they must decide who to work for because they have no worries about their alternate selves. Usually this does not happen with the fusing but because the universes are actually coming together it creates a "time warp thing". "Think of new name.


I want to hear from others and their plot ideas

A black hole is going to destroy a planet so the autobots launch a rescue mission. Sacrifices are made to save lives. The dcons see an opportunity to kill off their counterparts once and for all and try to leave the autobots abandoned on the planet with no way off.

Edit: plot line done before?

Last edited by Autocon; 22nd September 2011 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:27 AM
Arcee's Avatar
Arcee Arcee is offline
Rank 1 - New/Inactive
 
Join Date: 20th Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
My story was set in the transitional period. Not entirely of bws.

Looking forward to kups story

Arcee have you never seen bws?

We can't use botcon characters? Thinking a melding of universes but the catch is there can only be one! We have the normal verse and the opposite verse. So OP and negative OP from shattered glass. One must die otherwise they both have severe pain or .... . How about their bodies are attracted to each other like magnets and so if one does not die then they fuse together in a mess and become one. It could be based on an alt G1 universe aswell. So the minds fight each other until one is successful. Then you could have many truces, SG op with SG meg, op with meg, SG op with meg, op with SG meg.

And if certain characters die/live then they must decide who to work for because they have no worries about their alternate selves. Usually this does not happen with the fusing but because the universes are actually coming together it creates a "time warp thing". "Think of new name.


I want to hear from others and their plot ideas

A black hole is going to destroy a planet so the autobots launch a rescue mission. Sacrifices are made to save lives. The dcons see an opportunity to kill off their counterparts once and for all and try to leave the autobots abandoned on the planet with no way off.

Edit: plot line done before?
...I say I am absolutely astounded by you genius Autocon, you seem to be generating mind blowing ideas every single second!

No honestly, I have watched ONE beast wars episode only, as a result of buying a DVD of so called "best TF collections" or the like. It tells about they were trying to repair Optimus Prime (or Primal?) whose head was busted up into half, in the hope of reviving him. In doing so they had to temporarily transfer his spark to another big gorilla looking TF. And that Prime spark just so miraculously initiated a thorough change (or upgrade?) in that gorilla TF's body to make him a really powerful one like a de facto Prime. And a spider TF called herself predacon sort of died in a friend's arm...but somehow not quite??... That's it, that's my entire experience with BWs. No beginning no ending, and the whole picture of a 3D PC game effect, made me astounded because I've never seen anything like that before. It feels incredible and amazing in a way unfamiliar to me. I'd need to get used to it actually

I do have some new ideas for a plot in my head but have been really tight on time with my Mum's visit here and my exam closing in (one month away). So can't really concentrate on structuring it. I'll have to wait till I've got the exam out of the way before I can really start writing it up.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 27th September 2011, 08:42 AM
GoktimusPrime's Avatar
GoktimusPrime GoktimusPrime is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Sydney NSW
Posts: 26,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
No honestly, I have watched ONE beast wars episode only, as a result of buying a DVD of so called "best TF collections" or the like. It tells about they were trying to repair Optimus Prime (or Primal?) whose head was busted up into half, in the hope of reviving him.
That would have been Optimus Prime. His head was shot by Beast Wars Megatron who was attempting to assassinate Optimus Prime, and thereby negating the existence of the Maximals (because the Autobots are the Maximals' ancestors). It created a time storm which would have erased the Maximals from existence if they didn't quickly repair Optimus Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
In doing so they had to temporarily transfer his spark to another big gorilla looking TF. And that Prime spark just so miraculously initiated a thorough change (or upgrade?) in that gorilla TF's body to make him a really powerful one like a de facto Prime.
They transferred Optimus Prime's spark into Optimus Primal's body (who's actually not that big compared to Optimus Prime - the Maximals & Predacons are about the size of Micromasters because their technology is descendant from Micromaster tech in downsizing for the conservation of Energon). Because Optimus Prime's body was so badly damaged, they were afraid that leaving his Spark in his body might cause him to die - so Optimus Primal transferred Optimus Prime's Spark to his body to temporarily house it and protect it while Rhinox worked on repairing Prime's body. However placing Prime's powerful Spark (that had also had exposure to the Matrix) into Primal's Spark chamber caused Optimus Primal to mutate into Optimal Optimus (You Got The Touch!).

If you listen carefully, Optimus Primal's voice actually gets deeper when he's holding Optimus Prime's Spark - and afterwards when Prime's Spark is returned (and for the rest of the series) it returns to Optimus Primal's normal not-so-deep voice.

Mainframe wanted to get Peter Cullen to do a cameo in that episode, but Cullen refused because of trade union issues (because Beast Wars was made in Canada and Cullen wanted to support the US voice actor industry (even though Cullen is originally from Montréal )).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
And a spider TF called herself predacon sort of died in a friend's arm...but somehow not quite??...
That was Blackarachnia. Like all the Predacons "born" on Earth, she was created from a Maximal protoform, thus killing Optimus Prime would have also cancelled out her existence too. So she betrayed Megatron and assisted the Maximals - Megatron was none too pleased and shot her.

The Maximal Silverbolt, who's also Blackarachnia's boyfriend even though they're enemies, was very dramatically upset over this, but Rhinox assured him that Blackarachnia was only in stasis lock and not actually dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
That's it, that's my entire experience with BWs. No beginning no ending, and the whole picture of a 3D PC game effect, made me astounded because I've never seen anything like that before. It feels incredible and amazing in a way unfamiliar to me. I'd need to get used to it actually
Beast Wars is a difficult story to just jump into midway because unlike the G1 cartoon, it actually has a continual story arc running through it. The episode you saw was actually the first episode of Season 3, which means that you've missed 2 seasons' worth of backstory... that's why it would be really confusing for you!

Beast Wars is definitely worth seeing -- it is in my opinion (and the opinion of many fans) the best story ever written for a Transformers television series. I cannot highly recommend this series enough.

"What in the name of my Great Aunt Arcee's going on here??!" - Rattrap

Btw, do you think we should try to make a collaborative photocomic series first before trying a stop motion? I'm just asking because a photocomic is relatively a LOT less time consuming than a stop motion, and it would be a good test run to see how we can collaborate to make a vignette. <shrug> just a suggestion.
__________________

Transformers collection: 1803
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 28th September 2011, 12:24 AM
Arcee's Avatar
Arcee Arcee is offline
Rank 1 - New/Inactive
 
Join Date: 20th Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
"What in the name of my Great Aunt Arcee's going on here??!" - Rattrap
I've got absolutely no idea. Maybe I should change my username here lol...

Thanks a lot GP, that is greatly educational! Atm I'm about...half way through G1? So it's still a long way for me to go before I ever reach BWs I suppose, and even so much longer after that... I'd like to think that I know everything about the new movies but then no one here likes them lol (it's like saying you are proficient in Sanskrit...what's the point...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
Btw, do you think we should try to make a collaborative photocomic series first before trying a stop motion? I'm just asking because a photocomic is relatively a LOT less time consuming than a stop motion, and it would be a good test run to see how we can collaborate to make a vignette. <shrug> just a suggestion.
I don't mind; ask Skywarp91. I actually (honestly) thought they were the same thing but now that I've found out they are not (thanks to Wikipedia) I'd say that I'm sure we'll be absolutely awesome in photocomic for sure. Just see how everyone's been doing in the action pose thread and you'll know.

I'd be even happier if we got to make both lol...(never knew I was this boring)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.