Thread: protoform starscream in G1 colours

goro is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Default protoform starscream in G1 colours

Hey guys, time for another Goro custom -

This time I have decided to do a G1 inspired Starscream. His colour scheme is based loosely on the G1 revoltech starscream. He is painted for a 'rough' protoform look as you can just imagine this G1 inspired screamer hurtling through space

First I started with a (rather ugly) movie starscream protoform. Then I painted him using matt black. Then about 2 layers of careful drybrushing with a light grey pigment. Added to that were red and blue highlights ON TOP of the white pigment to ensure a 'rough' protoform look that he deserves.

And finally, I added the touches on thebot that make it stand out from the rest -

Gold on the chest and the visor peice along with red for the mouth and silver over the vents. The weapons are drybrushed white over the matt black and then further drybrushed with silver and red!

He has been sealed with Citadel matt sealer and only high quality citadel paints are used. Please be aware that while starscream can withstand multiple transformations, he is intended to be displayed as a work of art rather than played with like a toy.

Ebay link to to follow

and as usual, free shipping to anyone that mentions they are from ozformers....

Last edited by goro; 22nd May 2008 at 02:15 PM.

me no like this one

waste of protoform starscream toy

Robot mode is smick, and doesnt look too bad in rock form either.

Still won't get me to touch this turd of a toy with a 10 foot pole, but i like it better than the jaffa gold colour of the original.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Body =

Face mould that looks like a dog ate it & vomited it back out again =

I quite like it. Though I feel this is one case where dry brushing doesn't really work as he's got too much colour.