Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 7th June 2012, 05:03 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Never knew Cybertron Runamuck was so... ...kibbletastic...
Old 9th June 2012, 11:59 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
More stuff I've learned from watching the TF Prime DVD audio commentaries... ever noticed that some of the "historical flashback narration" scenes are hand drawn and not really animated? Much like a slightly moving picture book, like when Ratchet explained the history between Orion Pax and Megatronus, and how they became Optimus Prime and Megatron in "One Shall Rise, Part 3." Those scenes were animated around the time the Tsunami hit Japan and Polygon studios lost a THIRD of their workforce! Consequently Hasbro Studios ended up illustrating those scenes and working in some basic animation into them. But yeah, that's the reason why those scenes were done like that and not fully animated. While the end effect looks cool, it's sad to hear the reason why it happened.
The Tsunami was really sad, but reading that comment for the first time is really sad too. I guess Polygon studios must be located somewhere close to Miyagi prefecture then?
Old 9th June 2012, 07:32 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
Never knew Cybertron Runamuck was so... ...kibbletastic...
That's because he comes from Armada Sideswipe. Armada, known for kibbletasticness.

I just watched a video Review for Armada Scavenger. Made me LOL so hard. What a crappy toy. I mean I knew it was bad, just not how bad! So that is my "thing I didn't know" - How bad Armada Scavenger is!
Old 9th June 2012, 10:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
That's because he comes from Armada Sideswipe. Armada, known for kibbletasticness.

I just watched a video Review for Armada Scavenger. Made me LOL so hard. What a crappy toy. I mean I knew it was bad, just not how bad! So that is my "thing I didn't know" - How bad Armada Scavenger is!
Armada is one of those lines that had a couple of gems but a whole lot of craptastic wastes of plastic...
Old 9th June 2012, 11:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Suspectimus: Polygon is located in Minato Tokyo (whoa, I stayed at a hotel in Minato when I was last there! ) -- but it's possible that 1/3 of their employees may have either had relatives or friends in or around Miyagi/Fukushima or perhaps may have just been there -- at the wrong place at the wrong time. The DVD commentary doesn't go into any detail, they just said that Polygon had "lost a third of its workforce" from the tsunami.

Quote:
Sideswipe is poor, even by Armada standards.

"Armada has standards??"

Shut up, inside head voice!

Quote:
Scavenger would have to be THE worst toy in Armada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
Armada is one of those lines that had a couple of gems but a whole lot of craptastic wastes of plastic...
Indeed. The problem with Armada is that it was the beginning of Hasbro going bonkers over trying to load toys with gimmicks. :/ It worked okay in some toys, but really bad in others. Gimmicks work well when they compliment the engineering of a toy, not hampering it.

IMO, better Armada toys:
Most of the Mini-Cons (they were often better than the Autobots/Decepticons), Tidal Wave, "Bendymus" Prime, Red Alert, Unicron (even though he's a bit of a shellformer, considering what this toy is I think they did a pretty neat job)
Most other Armada toys range from being woeful to mediocre at best. And let's not forget good old Hot "wHy mY ShOuLdErS hUrT?" Shot!

Transformers collection: 1762
Old 15th June 2012, 01:58 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Energon Grimlock has heel spurs! WHAAAAT? Why didn't I see this before???
Old 15th June 2012, 03:45 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Because he's a crappy toy that's easily ignorable?

Old 16th June 2012, 02:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Sludge has no eyes as a dinosaur
Old 16th June 2012, 02:58 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I've always been able to suspend disbelief with that... it's never bugged me. Sludge is a pretty darn awesome Dinobot IMO (pretty well articulated for a 1985 figure). Besides, it was only after he appeared in the comics and cartoon that artists added eyes to the dino mode -- it's not as if it ever bugged me before then, and it's certainly hasn't bugged me since. <shrug>

Old 16th June 2012, 04:03 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
I've always been able to suspend disbelief with that... it's never bugged me. Sludge is a pretty darn awesome Dinobot IMO (pretty well articulated for a 1985 figure). Besides, it was only after he appeared in the comics and cartoon that artists added eyes to the dino mode -- it's not as if it ever bugged me before then, and it's certainly hasn't bugged me since. <shrug>
I realised the other day just how articulated he is (compared to some). i have a junker at work doing a muscle-man pose . looks so cool.
i'm not bothered by the lack of eyes i just thought he had some indents there..