Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 22nd June 2012, 08:59 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

i never realised how hard it would be to track down figures from lines like armada/energon/rid for reasonable prices that i passed up as i was growing up !! <much angry faces inseted here > energon omega supreme i'm looking at you!
perhaps not the right place to post this little rant but oh well
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:28 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
i never realised how hard it would be to track down figures from lines like armada/energon/rid for reasonable prices that i passed up as i was growing up !! <much angry faces inseted here > energon omega supreme i'm looking at you!
yeah omega is kind of expensive
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:28 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
Hah. I remember ignoring shelves of Energon Supreme that were clearanced for $12.
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:58 PM

Haha can't find a complete version for less than like 150
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:35 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Energon Omega Supreme was freaking expensive when it came out... can't remember the exact price now, but it was definitely over a hundred. Not worth it IMO... it's essentially an oversized and overpriced Mega Pretender shell for Energon Optimus Prime. The Headmaster gimmick is pretty neat, especially how the neck transforms into another head (so if you lose the Mini-Con, it still has a head, unlike G1 Headmasters). Shame they never bothered to name that Headmaster Mini-Con. I call him "Omega Spreem." But yeah... still not worth paying a three digit sum.

Transformers collection: 1816
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:13 PM

see funny thing about that . i actually reallllllyyy like the look of it , the pretender shell gimmick no so much seems it really is just omega with a prime head and thats kkinds lame , but the figure itself looks real cool imo

i loe this aspect of being involvd with a bunch of people who collect transformers opinions :P i love that one cllectors trash figures is another persons favorites its cool to see that whilst each figure doesnt necasarily reach 100% of the community. it has some love somewhere
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:32 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

The sculpting and colours are fine... but the engineering is quite underwhelmingly simple for so expensive a toy. I wouldn't pan this toy out so much if it were _cheaper_. Little wonder that it shelfwarmed badly for so long when it came out. I would recommend having a look at someone else's Energon Omega Supreme IRL before deciding whether or not you want to throw your money at it (try before you buy).

Transformers collection: 1816
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:18 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Hah. I remember ignoring shelves of Energon Supreme that were clearanced for $12.
At that price you should have bought several!

If not to play/collect, it would probably still be useful as bookends or as a foot rest!
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:54 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

If you want a particular Transformers toy, go for it... even if it was a sucky toy to some, there are others who probably liked it.
(Omega wasn't an engineering marvel, but compared to the rest of Energon, Omega Supreme was actually one of the better toys... which says something about the rest of Energon )
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:58 AM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
At that price you should have bought several!

If not to play/collect, it would probably still be useful as bookends or as a foot rest!
Hah.

I could have done the easy thing and bought every single one, but what kind of person would that make me? That's not something I'd be proud of.

I wasn't interested in the figure at all, and left them all there, where I'd like to think some kids at least got a few of them.

I did get Unicron and Primus at great deals too ($15 for Unicron, and I think Primus was around $30, and had the Unicron head)