Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Board Info, Member Intros & Suggestion Box

Sightings/Sales

Old 19th January 2012, 07:13 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Default Goodbye

Mid last year, I tentatively contacted Griffin about rejoining. I thought maybe it was time, but I had reservations. Recent events on here, including messages sent behind the scenes, certain individuals here and some questionable mod calls, have confirmed for me what I've begun to suspect for a while now - that rejoining here was a mistake and that it's time to recognise that and move on for good.

Don't get me wrong, I've met a few people on here so in that regard, it's been good, but by far, the grief outweighs the good for me and so I'm just over it. I'm not angry, I'm not upset- I'm just over it.

I've PMed some people giving them details if they want to keep in touch. If others here who I haven't contacted want to keep in touch, there are several people here who know how to reach me online. I'll leave it upto people as to whether they choose to or not and if they decide not to, I'll understand.

If this thread gets deleted or parts of it edited, then so be it.

I hold no malice towards anyone here - I just recognise that it's time to permanently move on.

Farewell.
Old 19th January 2012, 07:24 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I'm completely baffled by this.

But I hope it's for the best mate and good luck with your endeavors in the future!

The TVC Presents:
TransWarp: Csirac - Issue #1 Issue #2 Issue #3
Transformers: Rise of the Maximals - Issue #1
Transformers: Honour - Issue #1 Issue #2
Transformers: X - Issue #1
Old 19th January 2012, 08:36 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

I can understand it.

This board has a bad rep (of course, opinion is opinion, and it's hardly empirical data), and I've had fellow Aussie collectors just straight out laugh when I told them I signed up again a few months ago.

All because of one individual, and I absolutely see what they meant.

Best of luck, Bowspearer. Gonna miss your collection pics.

EDITED TO CLARIFY

Last edited by Cat; 19th January 2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 19th January 2012, 10:10 PM
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod

Good luck on your Internet travels Bowspearer.

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503
Old 19th January 2012, 10:14 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

This board has a bad rep? I've had nothing but fun here. Especially compared to some other TF community sites...

Anyway, good luck mate, all the best
Old 19th January 2012, 10:26 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Why the bad rep? No troubles here. See you around
Old 19th January 2012, 10:37 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
I can understand it.

This board has a bad rep, and I've had fellow Aussie collectors just straight out laugh when I told them I signed up again a few months ago.
These laughing collectors probably make up part of the many guests OTCA receives, benefiting from the sightings & news but contributing zilch.

This board doesn't have a bad rep so don't give newer members the wrong impression. It's a fun place for most where we can talk about one of our favourite things, good old Transformers.

Sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed your time here Bowspearer, hope you enjoy your new laptop and have a good 2012.
Old 19th January 2012, 10:37 PM
Decepticon

Well goodluck Bowspearer. I tend to agree with you though. Its not run by the best people. You cant say what you want without getting threatened or commented by some smart ass so I just generally stay quiet.
Old 19th January 2012, 10:38 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I don't understand the bad rep here? I have never seen anyone sh*tcanned for liking or disliking certain lines or series & I have never been treated with anything but kindness on here by members since I joined. The members I have met in person have been extremely nice as well.

As a matter of fact compared to certain other forums I frequent members here are only too happy to impart their knowledge on someone who may not know as much. There also does not seem to be elitist attitudes in abundance here.

Thinking about it the only thing I don't agree on is the discussion on KO's but I completely understand the admins stance & respect it. I am not a KO buyer so it does not really affect me.

Oh well don't forget to take that enourmous chip on your shoulder with you mate.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:05 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

????????.... Really??? I know i'm only new here and I know there is a large scope of different personalities, but the whole reason we're here is because we all collect or have an interest toys/TF's! I've only just checked your collection ,cause i found out your going. You've got some really great stuff! I've had nothing but a positive experience from this place (and i say some really stupid sh!z especially after a few)and i've enjoyed reading peoples different points of view (yours included).
I think we need to get some thicker skin, more transformers and less Days of our lives
I think you should stick around

[If you do decide to go , did you want to sell me that blue pre Blaster and scopeman first??
Thanks. I'll pick them up tuesday