Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 15th July 2012, 03:58 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Default Kabaya Fort Max pics

The sixth wave of the current series of Kabaya Transformers Model kits is a set of three Fortress Maximus parts, and is scheduled for release this month... so might already be out now that images have been found.

Note that the three parts are individually their own mini-battlestations that can form Fortress Maximus in all three of his classic modes, plus each part comes with a small Transformers character as well - Powerglide, Windcharger, Cerebros.
Old 16th July 2012, 08:28 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

For someone who has no idea about these things (including myself), how would one go about acquiring a Fort Max? Do you have to buy a whole case of them to get all the parts? Where can you buy these locally or online and how much? Cheers!
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Old 16th July 2012, 12:26 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Maybe look out for a listing on a JP or HK online store... or just search ebay once they are released. Most of mine are from ebay, either as the set of three, or as a full master carton of 8 (if it was easier/cheaper).
I'd be hoping that they make the master cartons as 12s for this series, as no one is going to be wanting a single part of the 3-part Fort Max... and a carton of 8 is going to have a 2/3 of Fort Max in each left over.
Old 16th July 2012, 03:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Thanks griffin. eBay it is.
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Old 16th July 2012, 06:39 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

It's a carton of 5, so it should be one complete Fort Max & 2\3 of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller View Post
load of Bartrim manure
Welcome to Grantmart!:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496
Old 16th July 2012, 11:48 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Five? That's even worse than the usual eight. At least you could get two sets per master carton before. They couldn't even get it up to six, to make it a pair per case. Hope it is at least a random pair as the extra two in the master carton, or else there will be a lot of extra, unwanted 2 parts going cheap on ebay.
Old 1st August 2012, 09:00 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

There's a new gallery on TFW.

After looking at these, I'm not sure if he's worth the $45 asking price (not including shipping) on BBTS. The 'unofficial' WST Fort Max actually looks better.

I have a question though - what is the assembly required for this? Are they all snap-together parts which come pre-painted, or is there a level of cutting and painting involved being a model kit?
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Old 1st August 2012, 11:04 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Paid for mine yesterday so it should arrive sometime at the start of next week with my other stuff from AmiAmi.

So I will have two spare.

Valkyrie's SDF:
Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(still dreaming ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.
Figma Grail: Shirou Emiya.
Nendoroid Grails: HMO Miku, Saberlion.
Other Grails: Nothing at the moment.
Old 1st August 2012, 11:26 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

They might come out in local Asian grocery stores (the last batch came out in Miracle supermarkets) -- albeit at inflated import prices. So I might get it if I come across it locally, otherwise not sure if I can be bothered to import myself.

Transformers collection: 1762
Old 1st August 2012, 12:42 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
I have a question though - what is the assembly required for this? Are they all snap-together parts which come pre-painted, or is there a level of cutting and painting involved being a model kit?
You've done some Arms-Micron Microns, yes?
Pretty much identical to that. You cut and trim unpainted parts from a tree, and you get a sticker sheet to add the "apps" yourself.
The only difference is that the Kabaya kits usually have 3 colours of plastics with each one (which is why a set of three will be certain "matching" characters based on their same colours).

This was a pic I took while constructing Deathsaurus from the last wave:

I'd already cut out the blue and red parts, and was about to start on the grey parts.
(you can see the sticker sheet on the left as well)

Glue is not required, but I have it on hand, for parts that don't snap together enough... but just don't glue anything until after you've transformed the figure, as conversion requires some disassembly of parts.

A hobby knife/carton cutter is recommended for cutting out the parts (don't just pull or twist them out, as it distorts the plastic and whitens it, and sometimes tears out a chunk from the part itself), as well as for trimming off any of those excess bits of plastic (to give you smooth edges).

I also recommend tweezers for applying stickers. It gives you steady hands for lining them up exactly where they have to go, and makes it easier to see too (without having big fat fingers in the way).

One flaw of stickers though - they hide any sculpted details of the plastic underneath. Paint apps at least give us the colour details, and the sculpting they are sitting on.