Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 25th September 2012, 02:07 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Default TFPrime Voyager Magnus & Thundertron reviews

As the next wave of TFPrime Voyagers start appearing around the world (wave 4, while we have trouble finding wave 2 here), galleries and reviews have started showing up of the two new moulds of this wave - Ultra Magnus and Thundertron.

Photos - here and here.
Videos - here and here.

Ozformers on Twitter (join for Australian Transformers News, First Toy Sightings, and Store Sales)
My BotCon archive (so far includes full coverage of last 7 BotCons)
How to use Amazon America (for cheaper toys)

My collection (updated soon) - - Toys I want - - Recent arrivals - - Random stuff from me
Old 25th September 2012, 04:19 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

looks like the face of alpha-trion (howeva you spell it) stuck to a Victory leo with tigertrons chest plate...
Old 25th September 2012, 05:15 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I've got wave 4 ordered through BBTS but I'm really not feeling Thundertron. It's just an unusual figure and in not sure it fits in with TF Prime, but we will see once its in my hands. Ultra Magnus looks pretty good though. I like how they haven't just repainted Optimus :-) I do wish he came with more than one missile was a bit taller and more bulky AND he needs a trailer too. HOPEFULLY some nice 3rd party will come along and make an upgrade trailer kit.

Edit: the only beast modes I like are Divebomb, Rampage, Tantrum, Headstrong and Razorclaw. And just so we are clear, there are only 5 Predacons :-D

Last edited by theheretic; 25th September 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 26th September 2012, 01:00 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
Ultra Magnus looks pretty good though. I like how they haven't just repainted Optimus :-) I do wish he came with more than one missile was a bit taller and more bulky AND he needs a trailer too. HOPEFULLY some nice 3rd party will come along and make an upgrade trailer kit.
I agree that a unique Magnus mould is great Looks like a good going trend following on Animated

I find this Magnus design a bit weak though, because he's essentially just lying face down right? He's got a lot of blue and he's missing his big Magnus tower-shoulders. My strongest gripe would be against the big red backpack, which is reminiscent of Huffer's transformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
Edit: the only beast modes I like are Divebomb, Rampage, Tantrum, Headstrong and Razorclaw. And just so we are clear, there are only 5 Predacons :-D
What about the Seasons or Terrorcons?
Old 26th September 2012, 07:16 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Terrorcons I'll accept, they are pretty cool beast modes. Seacons.... I guess, couldn't really get into the Japanese g1. But none are Predacons.
Old 26th September 2012, 08:04 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Seacons were part of our G1 too. Hasbro 1988. They were in comics but only animated for Japan. But same can be said for Pretenders and lots of others.
Old 28th September 2012, 12:54 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Another gallery for Ultra Magnus, with lots of comparison pics.