Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animated toys and scale advice for King George IX

Default Animated toys and scale advice for King George IX

i saw those awesome pics in the artistic section and my mind is leaning me towards laybying some animated that way i can prioritise on other things (MP04, classics) without spending money, and change my mind if need be

however, id only want one toy per character, so id like some input here on 2 things seperately:

1: Best mould for each character (no scale bias)

2: Best mould for each character to be in scale with each other

no activators please

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Wait till Leaders AND Activators are released and come check 'em out in person.

Animated is too nice. Sweet like candy. You'll end up getting multiple versions of the same character anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post

1: Best mould for each character (no scale bias)

2: Best mould for each character to be in scale with each other

no activators please

George
    jay..the man says no activators....

so far, i've yet to had a go at all of the deluxes and we only have Wave 1 and 2 for most of us (while the few of us already have Wave 3 deluxes) so...

1. Bulkhead Voyager
    2. Prowl Deluxe?

King George IX, these photos should help:

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I think q1 and q2 have the same answer. (although I haven't seen Voyager Prime irl.)
    To create a nice cast...

Leader Megs
    Leader Bulkhead
    Voyager Prime
    Voyager Starscream
    Deluxe BA
    Activator BB (I don't care after seeing Kyle's pics. Activator BB looks perfect))
    Deluxe Prowl
    Deluxe Ratchet
    Deluxe Lockdown

Some figures are obvious as to whom to pick (deluxe Prowl Ratchet, Blackarachnia), as usual though it is the faction leaders who have the issues.

I'd easily say get Leader Megatron and Voyager Prime for their Earth modes, and perhaps get the vs. deluxe 2 pack for Cybertron Megatron, as well as the best Axe for Prime.

Personally I prefer Voyager Bulkhead over the Leader, mainly because the Leader version has far too many additional weapons that we never see Bulkhead have.

Have to agree with others, Activator Bumblebee may be a must buy, since the Deluxe version is so very weak.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I think q1 and q2 have the same answer. (although I haven't seen Voyager Prime irl.)
    To create a nice cast...

Leader Megs
    Leader Bulkhead
    Voyager Prime
    Voyager Starscream
    Deluxe BA
    Activator BB (I don't care after seeing Kyle's pics. Activator BB looks perfect))
    Deluxe Prowl
    Deluxe Ratchet
    Deluxe Lockdown
    With the pics that Kyle provided, I feel that Deluxe Bumblebee should be more appropriate. the Activator is way too small...

I'm also kind of disappointed with Lugnut being a Voyager yet, his height can't be compared to a deluxe size figure! How upset can this be...

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Some of those group shots show glaring inconsistencies in the scale comparisons of Voyager Bulkhead, Activator Bumblebee & Voyager Lugnut.

Sure Leader Bulkhead & Deluxe Bumblebee seem to fit in very well to scale with their fellow 'Bots but one figure that definitely needs to be produced is Leader Lugnut (but I could definitely see him warming the shelves for a long time to come... ).

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Some of those group shots show glaring inconsistencies in the scale comparisons of Voyager Bulkhead, Activator Bumblebee & Voyager Lugnut.

Sure Leader Bulkhead & Deluxe Bumblebee seem to fit in very well to scale with their fellow 'Bots but one figure that definitely needs to be produced is Leader Lugnut (but I could definitely see him warming the shelves for a long time to come... ).
    Lugnut does not need a bigger toy, the Voyager class is pure awesomesauce as it is.
    All a leader class verison would do is have annoying sounds and lights added.

It's not like scale is something that has ever been done right in any transformers line anyway, why start now?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)