Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 16th January 2013, 11:32 PM
Gouki's Avatar
Gouki Gouki is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Apr 2009
Location: Ballarat
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
He looks nice being a repaint of a mold that was created before The Great Cheapening, but I worry for the future Generations toys. The FOC toys with their smaller stature, decreased paint aps (locally at least) and lower part count and complexity feel really lacking.
I only have FOC Prime so far, but the worst thing about it is hands down the size. Really that's my only problem with it. I love the design, the transformations, the alt mode. It fits together to smoothly and looks fantastic. But it's tiny!

Also don't understand the massive missed opportunity to include the melee weapons from the game alongside the guns.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 17th January 2013, 11:57 AM
Bidoofdude's Avatar
Bidoofdude Bidoofdude is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 8th Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
Yeah, well established by people who think they're being clever and use it as a 'subtle' insult. Not saying everyone does or that it happens here, it's just been done enough to sour me on the use in general.



Funnily enough I do use Prime Ratchet as my Classics Ratchet--mostly because the Universe one was ugly as sin. But that's because I repurpose a lot of toys/am crazy (Cybertron Defense Hot Shot is now a G1 Hot Shot). But I know full well that he isn't my Ratchet he's the next gens Ratchet I stole. He's also a hard one because he's so inspired by the Animated Ratchet, I feel, who was, of course, very inspired by the G1 Ratchet as a grumpy man.

He's also one of the Quintet (Optimus, Bee, Ratchet, Starscream and Megs, IMO) so doesn't count.:P Although, Ratchet always had a big role in the comics, I never thought he was really an overly important/iconic character until the movie, and then suddenly he was everywhere.



The unknown one. But my view could be coloured because as a kid the only two 'big' characters I ever had were Optimus and Grimlock, every other Autobot and Decpticon were ones I'd had very little experience with. A side effect of growing up on the wrong side of G1/G2 and Beast Wars I guess lol

I don't want Hasbro to completely ignore G1, I just don't want them to focus on it to the exclusion of others.

So we're all agreed that Hasbro should share the love to all 'Generations' of the franchise then?:P
Yes, we do all agree. Glad we could come to a compromise on that. Other series' are fine, just still have a lot of G1.
I'm interested to where this year's line goes.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 17th January 2013, 12:00 PM
Bidoofdude's Avatar
Bidoofdude Bidoofdude is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 8th Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
I only have FOC Prime so far, but the worst thing about it is hands down the size. Really that's my only problem with it. I love the design, the transformations, the alt mode. It fits together to smoothly and looks fantastic. But it's tiny!

Also don't understand the massive missed opportunity to include the melee weapons from the game alongside the guns.
I actually think Shockwave is actually quite decently sized and is a good homage to boot. Prime is undersized,yes, but you (I at least) don't seem to notice the size on the others, seeing as the others such as Shockwave or Brawl are about that sized when compared to the others.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 17th January 2013, 02:55 PM
Jinto's Avatar
Jinto Jinto is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 7th Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
Hope it's just IDW toys, that OP looks a lot like the current IDW OP
Heck yes. Loving that style.
__________________
My Sale Thread Looking to trade for FOC Grimlock, Generations Armada Starscream + Toyworld Orion & Planet X Caelus, among others. Also - Halo Mega Bloks (See Wants List).
My Wants List
My Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 17th January 2013, 04:45 PM
Lord_Zed's Avatar
Lord_Zed Lord_Zed is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 19th Jan 2008
Location: Sydneytron
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
I actually think Shockwave is actually quite decently sized and is a good homage to boot. Prime is undersized,yes, but you (I at least) don't seem to notice the size on the others, seeing as the others such as Shockwave or Brawl are about that sized when compared to the others.
I don't have Prime, but I do have Shockwave, and I'm not really a fan even though he is arguably my favourite Decpticon character.

I find the figure small and wiry. I particularly dislike his skinny hollow legs. It feels like they could have improved his legs by maybe making them unfold to accommodate his weapon, or adding some extra unfolding panels but instead they went for cheap simple chicken legs. I also don't understand why they couldn't give him waist articulation? While I'm sure the designers haven't lost there knack it feels like the guys from the budget department are hovering over their shoulders forcing them to reduce their total parts count for the FOC toys.

Consequently when I stand Shockwave next to the Generations toys of yesteryear he just doesn't stand up, and looks like a new budget class. I think I would have actually preferred a moderate price increase that allowed Hasbro to continue making toys to their old standards rather than this reduction.


And don't get me started on the Combaticons.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 17th January 2013, 06:31 PM
The_Damned's Avatar
The_Damned The_Damned is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 30th Dec 2007
Location: Batemans Bay
Posts: 2,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
I don't have Prime, but I do have Shockwave, and I'm not really a fan even though he is arguably my favourite Decpticon character.

I find the figure small and wiry. I particularly dislike his skinny hollow legs. It feels like they could have improved his legs by maybe making them unfold to accommodate his weapon, or adding some extra unfolding panels but instead they went for cheap simple chicken legs. I also don't understand why they couldn't give him waist articulation? While I'm sure the designers haven't lost there knack it feels like the guys from the budget department are hovering over their shoulders forcing them to reduce their total parts count for the FOC toys.

Consequently when I stand Shockwave next to the Generations toys of yesteryear he just doesn't stand up, and looks like a new budget class. I think I would have actually preferred a moderate price increase that allowed Hasbro to continue making toys to their old standards rather than this reduction.


And don't get me started on the Combaticons.
hmm you must have gotten a different foc shockwave to me as he fits in great on my classicverse decepticon shelf right next to scourge and i liked him that much i had to buy two one to keep sealed for ever and one to have on show.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 17th January 2013, 10:30 PM
Jay-Tron Jay-Tron is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 29th Jul 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast Qld
Posts: 98
Default

Me personally, I just want the rest of the Dinobots released under the Classics/Universe line. We have Grimlock, now to have the rest of them released would just make my day.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 17th January 2013, 10:56 PM
The_Damned's Avatar
The_Damned The_Damned is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 30th Dec 2007
Location: Batemans Bay
Posts: 2,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Tron View Post
Me personally, I just want the rest of the Dinobots released under the Classics/Universe line. We have Grimlock, now to have the rest of them released would just make my day.
yea that would be great
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 17th January 2013, 11:46 PM
SuspectimusPrime's Avatar
SuspectimusPrime SuspectimusPrime is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 14th Nov 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
I don't have Prime, but I do have Shockwave, and I'm not really a fan even though he is arguably my favourite Decpticon character.

I find the figure small and wiry. I particularly dislike his skinny hollow legs. It feels like they could have improved his legs by maybe making them unfold to accommodate his weapon, or adding some extra unfolding panels but instead they went for cheap simple chicken legs. I also don't understand why they couldn't give him waist articulation? While I'm sure the designers haven't lost there knack it feels like the guys from the budget department are hovering over their shoulders forcing them to reduce their total parts count for the FOC toys.

Consequently when I stand Shockwave next to the Generations toys of yesteryear he just doesn't stand up, and looks like a new budget class. I think I would have actually preferred a moderate price increase that allowed Hasbro to continue making toys to their old standards rather than this reduction.


And don't get me started on the Combaticons.
Perhaps they overblew the Shockwave budget on DOTM Shockwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Tron View Post
Me personally, I just want the rest of the Dinobots released under the Classics/Universe line. We have Grimlock, now to have the rest of them released would just make my day.
Hopefully they will get past Swoop/Snarl this time around
__________________


変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 18th January 2013, 03:29 AM
Trent's Avatar
Trent Trent is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 7th Mar 2012
Location: Wollongong
Posts: 3,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
hmm you must have gotten a different foc shockwave to me as he fits in great on my classicverse decepticon shelf right next to scourge and i liked him that much i had to buy two one to keep sealed for ever and one to have on show.
Same. While he is a little on the small side, he still fits in quite well wit the rest of my classics Con shelf. He is actually the same size as the seeker mold:

__________________
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.