Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 19th February 2009, 11:32 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
Yeah those prices suck, need more money dammit
Wait, what was the reason why I couldn't head down to Collector's Edge with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
War of Kings does look pretty sweet, Havok is pretty cool yeah, and although I've never read anything involving Nova he looks pretty cool too
Havok's pretty cool. I'm biased but I like him b/c he's always been the younger more hotheaded brother living up to the older brother type. Also his costume in the 90s was pretty awesome.

Nova is ultimately a Green Lantern knock off. Yes, he's got different layers to GL now but the essential concept is similar. Me? I like both of them.

DC Solicitiations May 2009

No Green Lantern that month! JLA is killing me, I think I'm going to drop it too. Really can't justify it anymore - so pedestrian. JSA is great tho I wonder how the new creative team will go.

And I'm very iffy on the Battle for the Cowl. Tony Daniel is a great artist, brilliant, but I'm not sure if I want to pick this up cos it could open a whole new can of batman worms.

The next HC for GL is out too. One thing I must say when I look at DCs trades. They have so much more legs than Marvels. I look at some of the titles and I see why. With Marvel, its more of a flavour o the month thing
The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection
Old 22nd February 2009, 07:38 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Nova is ultimately a Green Lantern knock off. Yes, he's got different layers to GL now but the essential concept is similar. Me? I like both of them.
pfffft. Marvel ripping off DC? NEVER! What are you going to say next, that Hawkeye and Mockingbird aren't original characters?

I've become a fan of Nova since Annihilation, he's really come into his own character and isn't the young idiot that first graced the pages of New Warriors.

And I think when it comes to the galactic stuff, Marvel might be winning. Annihilation, Conquest and now War of Kings all essentially manage to keep the bulk of Earth's heroes out of it, leaving them to their own wars, while over at DC it looks like Blackest Night will involve a lot of DC's Earth heroes.

So to me, Marvel's at least able to tell a grand story on two fronts, while DC just sticks to the same ol bunch and confuses the crap out of me.
Old 22nd February 2009, 10:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn View Post
And I think when it comes to the galactic stuff, Marvel might be winning. Annihilation, Conquest and now War of Kings all essentially manage to keep the bulk of Earth's heroes out of it, leaving them to their own wars, while over at DC it looks like Blackest Night will involve a lot of DC's Earth heroes.
I think given how massive and popular the Sinestro War was, they're banking on it to their big baby of the summer but what worked about the Sinestro War was how closed it was like the War of Kings and Annihilation stuff.

DC are struggling but their trade numbers are giving a hell of a beating to Marvel in not only the DM but mass market too.

Old 23rd February 2009, 08:05 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Finished The League of Extraordinary Gentleman Vol 2 today, so I'll comment on Vols 1 and 2 as a whole.

When I originally saw the movie, I was not aware that it was based on a comic, and although the movie was quite sub par, I enjoyed the concept. Now, after reading the actual comics, I can actually see how well Moore took lots of already existing characters, and joined them all together in his own story. So many other little inclusions and easter eggs and the like, really enjoyed that. I enjoyed Vol 2 a bit more, because of the inclusion of the War of the Worlds/Martians, and I'm a space/aliens/sci-fi kinda guy. That's not to say Vol 1 wasn't as good, just I enjoyed Vol 2 better. Pacing was excellent, although both volumes were only 6 issues each, it never felt rushed. O'Neill's art was great, had that sort of rough, ragged look to it that I enjoy.

Overall, really enjoyed them, and just more evidence in my eyes of how good a writer Moore is, albeit a little wacky

North Melbourne-bot...?
Old 6th March 2009, 10:08 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

After reading War of Kings #1, if you're not doing so, start following this series.

Annihilation was good.
Annihilation : Conquest was great.

WoK is building on those two and it's going to be damn good!
And if it isn't i'm going to sulk.
Old 6th March 2009, 10:13 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Quote:
After reading War of Kings #1, if you're not doing so, start following this series.

Annihilation was good.
Annihilation : Conquest was great.

WoK is building on those two and it's going to be damn good!
And if it isn't i'm going to sulk.
I don't follow Marvel's space adventures, I don't know if I can jump into it. I mean I'd like to. the Inhuman's Secret Invasion mini got me interested.
Old 7th March 2009, 09:59 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

War of Kings looks so promising. Could be best Marvel event for the last few years, I reckon. Annhilation was awesome. Conquest wasn't as good, a bit messy. But this has the makings of an absolute classic.

Also just finished Thor #13. Amazing character work with Loki. I saw a lot of it coming but the dialogue is just so crisp. #600 is next!

Old 7th March 2009, 11:50 AM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Also just finished Thor #13. Amazing character work with Loki. I saw a lot of it coming but the dialogue is just so crisp. #600 is next!
Uhh #13? Isn't that #600. Do you mean #12 which is the one centered around Loki?
Old 8th March 2009, 04:18 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Also read the latest Deadpool, the first part of Deadpool -vs- Thunderbolts.

This is going to be a fun read!
Old 8th March 2009, 04:26 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Quote:
Also read the latest Deadpool, the first part of Deadpool -vs- Thunderbolts.

This is going to be a fun read!
It's going to be upbeat and fun in Deadpool whilst serious going in the Thunderbolts parts.

I think I'm going to enjoy the Thunderbolts issues of the crossover more. I don't know the current Deadpool, whilst isn't bad, it isn't really all that stand out, I'm getting a bit tired of the constant hallucinations.