Thread: Hasbro and Shapeways Start 3D Printing Transformers.

Default Hasbro and Shapeways Start 3D Printing Transformers.

Starting with My Little Pony, the Hasbro/Shapeways site http://superfanart.com/ will enable fans to design toys, which are then printed, sold and sent. "While Hasbro is starting with My Little Pony, its other brands will be added to SuperFanArt this year in the coming months."

Interestingly, this might start make some potentially third-party toys, first-party toys. (Second-party toys?)

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/my-...ng-1201265593/

So is this going to be like the LEGO thing, where fans submit their ideas and they might be made into a saleable figure?

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    So is this going to be like the LEGO thing, where fans submit their ideas and they might be made into a saleable figure?
    Yep. Except not as good, since it's Shapeways plastic rather than LEGO.

I can see this applied to construct-bots and kreon minifigs than any of the main transformers lines.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

The prices for ponies are astronomical. Unless they're printing in a different medium (statue?) thats a hell of a lot for plastic printing.

The shapeways toy parts I buy (printed guns, heads, add ons) are at best ten dollars, unless the model author is jacking up the price. Some guns and add ons are less than 5-6.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!