Thread: Collectors Club Magazine #58

Default Collectors Club Magazine #58

Just received mine today. The usual awful display with rather uninteresting articles. Two points worth mentioning:

1: The front cover shows pics of the new Generations - Armada Megatron, Generations Brainstorm & TFSS 3.0 Krok figures. They look really good, for me seeing Krok (based on the Generations Stealth Bomber Megatron mould) was very exciting as I didn't know this toy was in the works, though not cool enough to make me sign up to the 3.0. Sadly there is then NOTHING in the magazine about them, or indeed any other toys in production.

2: You thought the comic stories in the mag were bad before? Three words my friends " Lord Imperious Delirious". Worst character name ever!

Krok's going to be one of the Subscription service club figures next year.

Lord Imperious Delirious is quite a funny name.

I do not miss getting these magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    J2: You thought the comic stories in the mag were bad before? Three words my friends " Lord Imperious Delirious". Worst character name ever!
    Lord Imperious Delirious was a character from one of the Blackthorne 3D Transformers comics in the eighties, so it's surprisingly cool if they've resurrected him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    1: The front cover shows pics of the new Generations - Armada Megatron, Generations Brainstorm & TFSS 3.0 Krok figures. They look really good, for me seeing Krok (based on the Generations Stealth Bomber Megatron mould) was very exciting as I didn't know this toy was in the works, though not cool enough to make me sign up to the 3.0. Sadly there is then NOTHING in the magazine about them, or indeed any other toys in production.
    They still haven't revealed the jet mode yet, but it does come with a JP Arms Micron alligator, as Gatoraider (like the Actionmaster toy).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Lord Imperious Delirious was a character from one of the Blackthorne 3D Transformers comics in the eighties, so it's surprisingly cool if they've resurrected him.
    Well there ya go, never even heard of the comic or the character before. I learned something today

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They still haven't revealed the jet mode yet, but it does come with a JP Arms Micron alligator, as Gatoraider (like the Actionmaster toy).
    Sw-eet! Still not enough to make me sign up for 3.0 but may get him on the secondary market.

Here I am slagging off the name "Imperious Delerious" but yet we have "Gatoraider" - now that's a funny name!

It is certainly one of those obscure yet fascinating eras of Transformers Lore, that featured the Destructicons in Issue 3 of the 3-D comic series printed in around 1988. However, the 3-D comic ended at Issue 3, despite that issue being part 1 of 3... so we never got the end of the story.
    (Until now? We could be getting an "official" conclusion from FunPub, since that 3-D comic fits best in the cartoon universe, and BotCon stories are usually set in that Universe as well.)

A real retro twist would be if they reprinted the story as a regular comic issue, in 3-D (with glasses). But that would cost too much for such a small return.