Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars wave 1 toys official images

Default Combiner Wars wave 1 toys official images

Hasbro have released official images of the first wave of Voyagers and Deluxes of the Combiner Wars Generations toys, which can be seen here without watermarks.

Voyager
    Optimus Prime
    Silverbolt

Deluxe
    Firefly
    Skydive
    Alpha Bravo
    Deluxe Dragstrip

Looks like there are no comics with them after all, or these are non-American versions.
    Each toy has a bio-card included, and from these images you can get an idea of the interchangeable hands and feet accessories.
    Last edited by griffin; 16th November 2014 at 04:02 PM.

Surprised in the absence of 'buy all 5 and build menasor/superion' tag on package

I'd assume this would be a big selling point?

Regardless look great and would feel like not far off retail

I'd kind of decided on "no" at first look for these, but seeing them in package, my resolve is wavering. I do not know if I will be able to help myself if they do end up being released at general retail in Australia. At very least, Prime and Menasor I might get.

Most of the paint apps (especially on the heads) look really nice. Hopefully they retain all of them by the time they hit shelves.

I have mixed feelings about the lack of comic. I thought they'd definitely include it with deluxes, seeing as the whole new IDW storyline is based upon the combiners. Collector cards are pretty cool though. I hope they turn out to be decent quality.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Those jet modes sure so have a lot of exposed limbs. But the Aerialbot robot modes look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Surprised in the absence of 'buy all 5 and build menasor/superion' tag on package

I'd assume this would be a big selling point?
    That'll be what that "look at the back" call out is all about, based on what we saw of the back of the voyager boxes previously. Not enough room for it with the multilingual packaging.

Holding out for more detailed info/reviews. Initial promo shots of FOC Bruticus made it looked fantastic as well.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Oh, no.

I was quite excited about getting a Silverbolt, but that mustard colour is horrible.

And does he even transform?! He looks far too simplistic for a Voyager-sized toy. Fold the nose back, stretch the arms and legs out.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    And does he even transform?! He looks far too simplistic for a Voyager-sized toy. Fold the nose back, stretch the arms and legs out.
    That's pretty much all the Leader version from a few years ago did.

Pics are up at seibertron.com too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    It's G1-accurate.

But yeah...these aren't looking as good as I would have hoped for. Superion looked great in the video from a few days back, but the plane modes just don't work, and Silverbolt's robot mode isn't too flash either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Pics are up at seibertron.com too.
    Excellent. I've changed the link and saved the images.