Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Myer offer only: Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron 2-pack $37.00

Default Online Myer offer only: Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron 2-pack $37.00

Was just browsing the Myer site hoping to find a Lockdown when I stumbled across this sweet deal

Though I have zero interest in anything from the Prime line, this price is seriously making me reconsider.

I am really trying to avoid buying this because of how minimal its difference is to the regular individual toys. But the box is just soooo gorgeous... and they just keep dropping the price.

Considering the premium we pay for the boxes for stuff like the Breakout Battle and Autobots United, I'd say the current price for the box is almost worth it alone!

That is a great deal. Xmas is just around the corner. Hmmmm
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

the grey lightening horns on my Unicron have cracked and do't quite sit right anymore, this is becoming an attactive backup for when they eventually completely fail
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

That's it.... I've finally caved.
    With the Myer One 10% discount, it brings this 2-pack of Voyagers to almost the price of a Deluxe.

I had to bulk out the order to $100 to get free shipping because I couldn't get the website to let me pick it up at a store, but if you can pick one up from a nominated store or are willing to pay the $10 shipping, this is too good to pass up. (the colours on both are so shiny)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's it.... I've finally caved.
    With the Myer One 10% discount, it brings this 2-pack of Voyagers to almost the price of a Deluxe.

I had to bulk out the order to $100 to get free shipping because I couldn't get the website to let me pick it up at a store, but if you can pick one up from a nominated store or are willing to pay the $10 shipping, this is too good to pass up. (the colours on both are so shiny)
    Hmmmm, good idea. Maybe get either the Breakout Battle or Leader 2-pack to get the free-shipping.

I had a look back at how much Myer were charging when it was released in February, and it was $99.
    That was actually a good price for two limited edition, extra shiny Voyagers (two regular voyagers here would cost $90-100 depending on the store), and I would have bought one if I didn't already have the regular versions.
    But looking at some comparison photos, the Unicron in this set is more Gen1 in colour than the regular one, with a yellowy-orange and purple patches. The Optimus looks like it has a shiny plastic like the JP Animated toys had.
    Even if it is just an investment for future reselling (or trade if you ever go to BotCon because it was not released there), the $33 discount price is very recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    the grey lightening horns on my Unicron have cracked and do't quite sit right anymore, this is becoming an attactive backup for when they eventually completely fail
    The same has happened to mine, so I ordered this set. It helps that while I own the mould as Dark Energon Defender Optimus Prime, I don't actually have a standard colour scheme TF Prime OP outside of Cyberverse. It also helps that he has a Targetmaster partner since I'm a big fan of Headmasters and Targetmasters.

Anyone in Melbourne got a spare at this price?