Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Knight AD-31 Optimus from Japan

Default Black Knight AD-31 Optimus from Japan

Just when you thought the fourth movie toys were finally all done, TakaraTomy decides to throw out one more for the hell of it... and it doesn't come out until August 3rd, which is a year after the movie was released in Japan, for about 8000yen. (about AU$90 atm)

It looks like this black redeco of the AD-31 remoulded Optimus toy is a ToysRUs exclusive in Japan, so might be even rarer to find than the AD-31 toy, which is hard enough to find as a "regular release" toy. (it's one I'm still looking out for, but online stores were very light on the last few movie toys, and sold out fast)

The official name of the toy is "Toys R Us Limited Transformers Movie Advanced Series Black Knight Optimus Prime".
    Images mirrored here for when the TRU listing is eventually taken down.
    Last edited by griffin; 21st March 2015 at 04:34 AM.

Hrmmm been looking for an AD31 mould but couldn't get over how much kibble was on the back. The deco looks nice but the kibble.

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    Hrmmm been looking for an AD31 mould but couldn't get over how much kibble was on the back. The deco looks nice but the kibble.
    It's been a year. If you're not over it by now you never will be.

This looks like a very good Movieverse Nemesis Prime and I think the paint looks better then normal Leader OP. Might have to consider getting this...

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    It's been a year. If you're not over it by now you never will be.
    Yeah I know what you mean... but when you like to collect Leader Primes the OCD takes over. So you uhmm and ahhh too and fro about finding one and getting it.

My friend has Armour Knight and he does look very good from the front and in vehicle mode, anything that has the side kind of kills it since the kibble can be pretty distracting.

Still, the detail is absolutely exquisite and that alone is almost worth it.

Default info

we have a small number for pre order at $89.95

I love the colours and I'm a sucker for the Western Star truck, but I'm not a fan of the mould because of how back heavy he is in robot mode.

If he was at a AU$50-60 price range I might bite, but not AU$90. I find it interesting that the black range normally flies off the shelves but the already released AoE Nemesis Primes are STILL shelf warming in a few places here.

Be interesting to see how well received he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I find it interesting that the black range normally flies off the shelves but the already released AoE Nemesis Primes are STILL shelf warming in a few places here.
    The Voyager one that was released at the Japanese convention middle of last year?
    If so, they're usually commanding about US$200, so it would be no surprise if they are shelf warming. Hope that means the price will come down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I love the colours and I'm a sucker for the Western Star truck, but I'm not a fan of the mould because of how back heavy he is in robot mode.

If he was at a AU$50-60 price range I might bite, but not AU$90. I find it interesting that the black range normally flies off the shelves but the already released AoE Nemesis Primes are STILL shelf warming in a few places here.

Be interesting to see how well received he is...
    You must be referring to something else. AoE Nemesis Prime was only released at a japanese convention and is currently selling for $200+ on eBay. BBTS was the only online store to sell them for western audiences and they sold out both AoE Nemesis Prime and Nemesis Grimlock a few hours after it went on sale.