Thread: RID App updates with new characters/toys

Default RID App updates with new characters/toys

Since the RID app includes a roster of scannable toys that gets updated every couple months with a few upcoming waves, apparently it has had an update in the last couple days in America (it hasn't hit my phone yet though).

Some new characters and a heap of new redecos of toys, with photos of the art on the app to give an idea of what the toys might look like.

Megatronus
    • Prowl
    • Ironhide
    • Razorpaw

Legion Class
    Megatronus
    Clash Underbite
    Clash Bumblebee
    Night Bumblebee
    Alpine Sideswipe
    Patrol StrongArm

Warrior Class
    Megatronus!
    Night Bumblebee
    Clash Bumblebee
    Clash Sideswipe
    Gold Grimlock
    Clash Optimus Prime

One-Step
    Ninja Sideswipe
    Patrol Strongarm
    Gold Grimlock
    Optimus Prime(New Mold with a Cape?)
    Underbite

Titan Heroes?
    Night Bumblebee
    Clash Bumblebee
    Clash Optimus Prime

Stomp 'N' Chomp
    Grimlock

Undefined
    Ultra Magnus(Optimus Prime Repaint.)
    Desert Optimus Prime
    Pumpkin Optimus Prime

Looks like the latests update to the App was quite significant, with heaps of extra stuff, including a new game arena that is said to play like Escalation in the recent console games, and a new checklist roster that keeps track of the toys you have scanned in the past (because they keep re-locking after a day or two).
    And apparently, the updates will keep coming on a monthly basis, and the game will remain totally free.

Can't wait for that G1 Grimlock. Unlike most people, I'm a fan of the RiD Grimlock and as with all hardcore fans, a G1 re-paint is a no-brainer!

After going through the list myself on the App, I noticed the Stomp n Chomp Grimlock, and it is drawn to look like the TF4 SnC Grimlock... so expect that as a redeco toy this year.

Three characters have "Champion" avatars to unlock (Ironhide, Razorpaw, Prowl), which I think means that they are not going to be toys... as the characters that have toys, have a "Starter" avatar to unlock. (and they don't have a "Champion" avatar)

I'm surprised that there are several Megatronus toys coming, but none have been released yet or even announced... so maybe they are being held back until the character appears on the cartoon. (it must be on the cartoon to have that many toys)

That Pumpkin Optimus sounds like it could be a store exclusive for Halloween... which is just weird. More so if it was a regular release toy.