Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy 180s (from nay to yay and vice versa)

Default Toy 180s (from nay to yay and vice versa)

When YOTG Soundwave was announced I had a ROFLMAO moment. Could not believe that they would design something with that combo of clear and brown. Gave it the big thumbs down and was happy that I would be saving money here. Well that was about a year ago and well guess what I have brought home today. Yup, Goatwave.

After looking at vids and seeing it in store it really grew on me. It was one of those classic looks better in person than in pics toys. I do love the oddball TF stuff but at $299? Well for $141.20 (additional 10% and added the $20 gift card value) that was the clincher. So that's my nay to yay. Still need to think about my yay to nay.

Do any of you have a TF that you weren't keen on which you then saw in a new light or had something which went from being liked to meh?

I used to think movie toys were great, and the more complex the better. Now I hate the vast majority of them.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Initially I thought CW Silver Megatron was quite dull and I wouldn't trouble myself with it. After getting CW Armada Megatron I found it such a good toy that I felt the mould was worth owning twice, which is just about the highest praise I ever give.

More generally, there's a whole bunch of toys I once owned that I sold for space reasons and now regret. On the other hand... well, I once owned a near-complete collection of Cybertron figures, and as great as that line was, there were also some real stinkers in there.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My yay to nay is constantly chug figures, lately notably menasor and defensor (i still have takara superion just because it's better than the other 2), and will be getting UW devestator too to sit in my mp area. Whenever I get into the lines i always end up disappointed, from classics autobot cars/jetfire/seekers right up to reveal the shield, i get in, then later offload them.

As for nay to yay, I'm in the same boat about Goatwave, I have a gift card from work so I may just pick him up, if I can bring myself to justify having 2 soundwaves and 11 tapes... (Second mention goes to MP acid storm. Some people might think why would you not like him? But i sold the first one i bought, still sealed, then picked one up cheap from tru online (paid <80 each) and the box was beat up so I decided to open and display it but still intended to resell. Now he's my favourite seeker and one of my favourite MPs, pity I cant be bothered playing too much with him, that transformation).

G1 Sunstorm
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I actually only wanted Road Hauler in 2003, but I ended up getting Sunstorm too because I 'had to.' I initially tried to sell off my Sunstorm (for about $40) and nobody was even remotely interested. Then in 2004, Dreamwave went and made Sunstorm a cool character, and now I'm glad that I got this toy.

I was also in the same boat about not wanting Goatwave... Then I got a $50 Myer gift card and the price finally came down so I jumped on it after saying for over a year that I wasnt going to get it...

I was also going to skip the RID line (I still bought some for the kids) but after getting Warrior Drift I actually liked the toys so I grabbed a few more, Bumblebee, Strongarm, Steeljaw, Sideswipe & Jazz. Pretty happy with them actually.

Any Bayformer...........ever...............but now I have a (ROTF?) Ravage (actually purchased from a member on here ) beside my Energon Shockwave and they fit very well.

No Bayformers otherwise
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

This ^^...any Bayformer!!! Then i saw the ROTF Leader Buster Optimus and HAD to have it. Its the only Bayformer i have and the only one i will ever get!!

MP Starsaber. I was really disappointed when I first got it. The lack of paint apps and fairly basic transformation really turned me off. Now I have realised for a basic TF just how much it does and does it damn well.

Another is Combiner Wars. I lol'd when Superion and Menasor were revealed. I actually ended up selling my TFC Uranos because of how impressed with Superion I was.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Masterpiece Ultra Magnus. Ever since MP01 Prime was announced I thought it would be awesome to have Magnus. But as time went on, and pics came out, I just slowly went off the guy.

I bet I'll regret it when MP Galvatron eventually makes his way out. He'll have nothing to ride on...