Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22nd October 2008, 06:09 PM
Verno's Avatar
Verno Verno is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 11th Mar 2008
Location: Burnie
Posts: 2,136
Default The Life & Times of eBay

I'm sure a vast majority of us use eBay, or have done so in the past. It can be a frustrating temptress of misdirection and loss but can also make you laugh from time to time.

The topic is to showcase anything people find in their browsing that may amuse or add to the disbelief some of us feel at times. Like mis-spelling the name of the product when it is written on the box etc. (Thats how I got my MISB Scorbonok )

I shall kick it off with some feedback.

I like to have a quick glance through a sellers feedback to gauge what sort of trader he or she is. I can across this one today.

Neutral Feedback by buyer: got what i ask for i still think the item was too much

Reply by seller: YOU bid that much, nobody forced you to!!! Are you serious?

Just plain funny. Although not so funny as it permanently scars your account and makes people like me sift through and read.

I look forward to seeing what else people have found.
__________________

The TVC Presents:
TransWarp: Csirac - Issue #1 Issue #2 Issue #3
Transformers: Rise of the Maximals - Issue #1
Transformers: Honour - Issue #1 Issue #2
Transformers: X - Issue #1
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22nd October 2008, 06:31 PM
Pulse Pulse is offline
Rank 1 - New/Inactive
 
Join Date: 18th Jan 2008
Location: at one with the matrix...
Posts: 3,725
Default

One of the earliest feedback comments I received was...

"I wish I wish I didn't kill that Fish" & no, I didn't just make that up



Make of that what you will...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22nd October 2008, 06:46 PM
dirge's Avatar
dirge dirge is offline
Rank 10 - Admin
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,682
Default

My personal favourite was when someone listed West Virginia on eBay. It got to $US20m, too, before it was pulled
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22nd October 2008, 07:29 PM
jgon2098's Avatar
jgon2098 jgon2098 is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 19th Aug 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verno View Post
I'm sure a vast majority of us use eBay, or have done so in the past. It can be a frustrating temptress of misdirection and loss but can also make you laugh from time to time.

The topic is to showcase anything people find in their browsing that may amuse or add to the disbelief some of us feel at times. Like mis-spelling the name of the product when it is written on the box etc. (Thats how I got my MISB Scorbonok )

I shall kick it off with some feedback.

I like to have a quick glance through a sellers feedback to gauge what sort of trader he or she is. I can across this one today.

Neutral Feedback by buyer: got what i ask for i still think the item was too much

Reply by seller: YOU bid that much, nobody forced you to!!! Are you serious?

Just plain funny. Although not so funny as it permanently scars your account and makes people like me sift through and read.

I look forward to seeing what else people have found.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23rd October 2008, 05:59 AM
TheDirtyDigger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The latest fb I got was...

"I knew what it was and i got it quickly"

ooooooook.....


My favourite though would have to be...


"i love you dirtydigger! the best seller ever. really do hope i deal with u again"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:07 AM
dirge's Avatar
dirge dirge is offline
Rank 10 - Admin
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
My favourite though would have to be...

"i love you dirtydigger! the best seller ever. really do hope i deal with u again"
There's one born every minute...

Seriously, that's good feedback, even if it does mean you do have your own eBay stalker!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:33 AM
1orion2many's Avatar
1orion2many 1orion2many is offline
Rank 10 - Admin
 
Join Date: 30th Dec 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
The latest fb I got was...

"I knew what it was and i got it quickly"

ooooooook.....


My favourite though would have to be...


"i love you dirtydigger! the best seller ever. really do hope i deal with u again"
Do you get your better half to leave feedback for you DD.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:39 AM
blackie's Avatar
blackie blackie is offline
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod
 
Join Date: 30th Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
"i love you dirtydigger! the best seller ever. really do hope i deal with u again"
WE LOVE YOU TOO
__________________
http://black-bass.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:59 AM
TheDirtyDigger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
Do you get your better half to leave feedback for you DD.
I could never call my woman my better half as I weigh more than double her.

But no that's not her. She'd be one to leave something like....

Quote:
got what i ask for i still think the item was too much
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23rd October 2008, 01:37 PM
1orion2many's Avatar
1orion2many 1orion2many is offline
Rank 10 - Admin
 
Join Date: 30th Dec 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,049
Default

I'm not even going to touch that last comment
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.