Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raaaargh! Stuck in Purgatory!!!

Default Raaaargh! Stuck in Purgatory!!!

Hey guys, just a quick hello from internet purgatory here.

Some of you mya have been wondering why I have been away for a while. Weel, the old saying, "if it doesn't rain, it pours" comes to mind for my situation.

It all began one sunny afternoon whilst I was trying to plan my holiday.......

When surfing the net for hotel sites and the like, I came across the fact that dial up is WAY too slow for the likes of most sites. As a result, my surfing was slow and very frustrating. My conclusion? Time to get me some Broadband access!!!

So I signed up for some iinet love, they seemed nioce and cheap for phone and internet and overall preety good, as most people I had talked to had sai that iinet was a good company, so I signed up.

Well, my phone got disconnected (as it does for them) and a week later (thankyou weekends and public holidays)I got a modem, but it would'nt sync with the line. Half a week later, a tech came out, got sync with his modem and said the modem was stuffed.

Aother half week later, I got another modem. Well, that one sync'ed ok, but only for about 3 seconds. So after much chatting to the people at iinet support (who were all very nice and friendly). A week later, I was advised to buy another brand modem (and they would take back the one from them).

So I got my other modem (third one and 3.5 weeks now) and that one looked like it sync'ed. Again after about 2 hours of freindly iinet support, I had it syncing with the line. I hung up the phone (my mobile coz the land line is connected to the modem....) and the thing drops out of sync.

Disbelief ensues....

More calling to support and watching the modem sync and then drop in and out for an hour and they decide to lodge a fault call so someone can come and check the line ( this happend 2 weeks ago....)

So that is where I am up to. I know there are net-cafe's around, but with full time work and full time study, followed up by holiday planning, I don't have time to get to them as there aren't any local one around.

So thats my story of woe. On thursday the 30th, October it will be 4 weeks of shenanigans.

Not sure how much longer it will take. I am working, using my mums dial-up connections for this now..... Oh what lows I have sunk to.

they say theres some internet up Californie way

Yikes. If you're close enough to neighbours maybe you can find an unsecured (or weakly secured) wireless network floating around?

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    they say theres some internet up Californie way
    That South Park episode was the funniest...

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

You can get sh#tty about it or you can just take it in your stride... (otherwise those grey's will multiply faster & faster... )

Try TPG instead TC. NO problems whatsoever, you do need to have a phone line of course. I got mine for $50/month , 25 gigabytes ADSL 2. only waited about 24 hours after setting it up viola, never failed me for a year now.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Try TPG instead TC. NO problems whatsoever, you do need to have a phone line of course. I got mine for $50/month , 25 gigabytes ADSL 2. only waited about 24 hours after setting it up viola, never failed me for a year now.
    TPG is the ownage, cheapst adsl2+ if i'm not wrong. their customer service is a hit and miss.

TPG actually does have the cheapest ADSL2 rates, they also came on top of a consumer poll for most affordable as in good value for your dollar in terms of internet provider, as is Savvytel for prepaid phone service - saw it on TV months ago. But Ive already been using TPG while I was living in my Aunts house for two years, fast broadband, never had any probs, so when I got my own house, called them up and easy peezy..
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

FWIW, I've got nothing but praise for iiNet. Have been with them for nearly 5 years across 3 addresses. Lack of sync is typically a line issue (Telstra), or your internal wiring (You've isolated and tested?), especially if you've tested multiple modems.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Yikes. If you're close enough to neighbours maybe you can find an unsecured (or weakly secured) wireless network floating around?
    Lol, tried already . All secured, dammit
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    You can get sh#tty about it or you can just take it in your stride... (otherwise those grey's will multiply faster & faster... )
    Yeh, been STRONGLY taking it in my stride and hassling them daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I think the problem is the old house here. I believ the phone line to be old and dodgy too.