Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumour on multiple toy/cheat mode.

Default Rumour on multiple toy/cheat mode.

Trying to keep the topic vague to not reveal anything on the main page.

Actual topic title - Rumour on Hasbro Cheating to get new combiner figure done.

Posted on tfw2005, word from an alledged reliable Asian source, is that a Devastator figure will have two toy releases - one as a combiner with non-transformable parts (like Energon Optimus), and the other is non-combinable individual figures.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...mation-166151/
    Basically, the team that combines into Devastator (if true), will be release as individual Deluxe toy that don't combine, and a box-set of non-convertable figures that piece together to form Devastator.
    Yes it's cheating, but working from the animation models to design toys, it may not have been possible to engineer all the features a combiner needs and still make it look like the movie character (to make sure it sells).

And if you compare it to the Frenzy character toys, it was released in 4 different forms for 4 different reasons, because it couldn't do everything in the one toy. So maybe it is just a necessary evil just to get the toys out there in some way for the general public to support, and guarantee more movies and more toys.
    The hard-core fans won't like it though, if this non-convertable combiner is true, and we'll never here the end of it.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Most people I know that have combiner teams have them displayed in their combined form anyway.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I don't know what all the fuss is about. Most people I know that have combiner teams have them displayed in their combined form anyway.
    I think it is because people were expecting an gestalt. That would have been awesome. But based on the figures we go from the last movie, in terms of what they had to look like in 2 modes, throwing in a combined form, especially a gestalt, would probably look horrendous.
    Oh well. We can all still dream
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

IF this is true, this just smacks of laziness . I mean, it's 2008/09 and they still can't create 9 deluxes (if the rumours are to believed) that are both stand-alone transformable figures & can combine???

I would tell them to go back to the design drawing board, start again & come back with something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    But based on the figures we go from the last movie, in terms of what they had to look like in 2 modes, throwing in a combined form, especially a gestalt, would probably look horrendous.
    That's certainly the point here. Which option is gonna upset the least amount of people and generate the most sales - a set of toys that can combine but look really bad in all modes because of the movie toys' complexity of design, or accurate looking toys to the movie designs that can't combine.

People who play with their toys a lot would prefer it to combine, but for those who have them stored away or on display most of the time, should be okay with a better looking figure that doesn't combine.

I also believe that its all about laziness. Many of the modern toy designs reflect that lazy design philosophy too.

Come on, we could do it back in the 80s, yes we had extra addon bits but toy technology has progressed enough for us to be able to incorporate those extra bits into the figure.

Hell! Liokaiser can do it!

Oh the stench of laziness.

But from a marketing perspective it's brilliant.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... there's going to be a gestalt in the next movie?? I didn't know this! I'm trying to avoid any spoilers, so if this is true, could there please be a spoiler tag in the topic!!

Edit: I just clicked on that link. BBWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGH!
    TIME FOR A KICK TO THE JANGLIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... there's going to be a gestalt in the next movie?? I didn't know this! I'm trying to avoid any spoilers, so if this is true, could there please be a spoiler tag in the topic!!

Edit: I just clicked on that link. BBWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGH!
    TIME FOR A KICK TO THE JANGLIES!!!
    Don't worry the link is not confirmed and has been floating on the net for months. It was originally a fan made pic which circulated the net which has been made into a kind of 'example' of what a movie gestalt would look like. The final Gestalt is likely to look nothing like it and it may not even be a gestalt at all as far as what we know to be a gestalt is concerned.

..but I didn't even know that Devastator was going to be in the next movie (he died!) - whether he'll be a gestalt or not. (T-T) I hope that this is 100% fan speculation. (>_>)