Thread: Ironhide Head Fix : Yay or Nay

Default Ironhide Head Fix : Yay or Nay

From : http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...ic.php?t=45863

So, everyone (I assume) would know about how the Ironhide toy in the classics line has a perpetual stare-at-the-floor-head.

SO. What can we do about it? There's that link I posted above that allows you to do a fix to him. Good, but not perfect. While it does most of the job, the FINAL bit where everything ought to come together...well, doesn't - this of course isn't intended as a slight to the mod originator, nor to hastak - instead, I am just trying to find a good 'compromise'

What's 'wrong' with the head mod above? Well, just this:

This is directly from the post above. Looks good, makes sense.

However, lemme just hightlight what I need to refer to:

While the mod suggest that you cut the section in the circle so that the bumper can fit in, the trade off is that the little grey tab that normally locks into the back spine no longer is able to lock without creating the original problem anyway. Refer to the image below to understand which tab I am referring to:

Well. I don't like it being loose, so mine - eventhough I've done the mod (unless I've done it wrong - do enlighten me ) will remain locked and hence a little 'lookey-downey'.

Uh- except that I don't have any pictures of that as I didn't think of taking pix of it before dismantling the sucker up :b

So, looking at the pix already in the thread and my explanations, what do ya'll think? :S

EDIT: Incidentally, I think the toy is AWESOME. As puzzley as the alt mode is, the transformation and robot mode MORE than make up for the puzzleformer look
    Seriously!
    Also, he looks even more kick@$$ with a silver face! Here's proof:

(The light piping is beautiful, and this is an image of the head with a coat of red paint and silver for the face )
    Last edited by lcz128; 9th November 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Meh... at least he has a head (see my sig pic)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Meh... at least he has a head (see my sig pic)
    but... meh wasn't an option!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Hmmmmm, Did it take you hours & hours to reach that stage of modification?

If you're not happy with it, Would you be prepared to do all the mods again with a 2nd figure & leave that last bit out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Hmmmmm, Did it take you hours & hours to reach that stage of modification?

If you're not happy with it, Would you be prepared to do all the mods again with a 2nd figure & leave that last bit out?
    I actually can proudly attest to being the 1st here to do it. I got home at about 2 on Friday night and opened him and transforming him. Hating the look down, I found the thread above on seibertron.com and grabbed a kitchen knife and started doing the mod. I gave up in about 20 mins just cos I was so sleepy but did wake up early and fixed it. it took less than an hr but that's courtesy of seeing how deep to make each of the cuts thanks to the thread above. I brought it along to the meet on Saturday and showed Eric too. He was pretty curious as to what had gone wrong but I think its too late to fix the mold. Maybe ratchet but I'm not sure.

I'm fairly happy w/ the fix. I'm an utter noob but I could easily do it without a problem so I think others should be able to as well. My face is still blue though so I will need to duck over to lcz's joint to get a layer of silver.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

What kind of paints have you got there? Will be needing some silver if i decide to get a Universe Cyclonus as well as Henkei Cyclonus

I would have to wait till Henkei Ironhide toy is released and study the inner mechanism of the figure before I can say if the mod is good or not or if there is a better way to mod it.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I don't get it. That circled tab is not holding back the head from looking up. It slots nicely in and doesn't affect neck/head at all.

EDIT: Ok I've found a slightly different transformation that makes him look evenly and not down. I keep the fron wheels where they are and don't put them in his backpack and lean his torso back ever so slightly. It's ok now.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 1st December 2008 at 04:43 PM.