Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monitor size and display resolutions.

Default Monitor size and display resolutions.

This was raised in another topic, and I have seen other websites noting changes to accomodate the majority of people using (or assumed to be using) larger monitors and larger resolution/pixel settings to match.

I recently changed my resolution setting to 1280 x 1024 from 1024 x 768 (it is still taking some getting used to), mostly because the format settings of the new main page don't work for a pixel setting below the one I am now using. As such, I think it is worth getting an idea of what minimum sizes and settings people have here, for when any future changes are done, that may not look right or work for people outside of a certain size/pixel range.

So what size monitor do you use (if you know), and what resolution/pixel setting do you have? My monitor is 18inch (from corner to corner), which was big for its time, but probably small by today's standards.

21" at 1600 X1200

OTCA banner looks llike this:

There is a background seam towards the right end.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

That's one thing I was worried about. The background image needs to be big enough to cater for the larger pixel settings, and in this instance, I need to generate a slightly larger one.

You are talking about yur computer monitor Tets

According to Google 14 1/10 inches is 35.8cm. My monitor at work is 43.5cm. Not sure about the size of my monitor at home though.

波動拳!

mine's 1280x1024 at home, i think work's about the same too.
    there's a way of making the banner background work for the site background

17/18" size lcd monitors

3 images in total
    1. site background image (two tones grid - resizable)
    2. banner background image (two tones with the insignias - resizable)
    3. banner image (contains matrix and OTCA lettering only - that will always stay in the middle)

I work on a 24 inch imac at 1920x1200, so it tiles the background.
    How about doing some css trickery to place a right hand side image?

I have it at 1280 x 1024 on my Pc
    I do browse the foums on the odd occasion using my Wii though (like now). Don't know what it displays the internet at
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy
    I think mine is a 14.1 inch (whats that in cm?) According to the blurb
    Large TVs are being listed in CMs, but smaller ones and computer monitors are generally in inches (so just round off to the nearest inch).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    According to Google 14 1/10 inches is 35.8cm. My monitor at work is 43.5cm. Not sure about the size of my monitor at home though.

波動拳!
    Unless your monitor is specifically listed as being in centimeters, consistency of this topic and the need to compare in the one measurement, requires imperial. It causes confusion on topics like these to not use the designated measurement system.

Making a fuss about people not using the 'national' measurement system is a hollow complaint when using words that are not the 'national' language (like above, which was convenient).
    To avoid being labelled as a hypocrite, you either need to consistently use national language and measurments, or their original format (measurement/language). You can't be stubborn on one and set a bad example on the other.