Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4441  
Old 7th January 2012, 10:47 AM
Deonasis's Avatar
Deonasis Deonasis is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 14th May 2008
Location: Charters Towers
Posts: 1,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
Hey guys, if anyone has a Unicron - just wondering if the following photos indicate a damaged chest plate or has it just popped out of its sockets?

I sent this fella to Jazzcomp and it looks like it's been slightly damaged in transit. Any input would be much appreciated!

It's still in the sealed box, so apologies for the somewhat blurry photos!

Top Left
[IMG][/IMG]

Bottom Right
[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verno View Post
From memory they're metal pin joints with the panels opening in the middle of the chest for a missile to fire, so sadly it looks like the pin socket is broken, but I could be wrong, I dont't have the new version and it's been a long time since I played with the old version.
canofwhoopass_87 that Unicron looks fine to me. I just checked mine and those chest doors just pull off (there is no pin) and clip back on like how his skeleton wings clip into his back.
__________________
"I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose
Reply With Quote
  #4442  
Old 7th January 2012, 01:48 PM
canofwhoopass_87's Avatar
canofwhoopass_87 canofwhoopass_87 is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 2nd Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
canofwhoopass_87 that Unicron looks fine to me. I just checked mine and those chest doors just pull off (there is no pin) and clip back on like how his skeleton wings clip into his back.
Ah great! Thanks so much for the input. This woulda been a lot easier if I had a loose Unicron in hand to play around with.

Cheers Deo
Reply With Quote
  #4443  
Old 7th January 2012, 02:08 PM
Hursticon's Avatar
Hursticon Hursticon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Mar 2010
Location: Dapto
Posts: 12,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
Hey guys, if anyone has a Unicron - just wondering if the following photos indicate a damaged chest plate or has it just popped out of its sockets?

I sent this fella to Jazzcomp and it looks like it's been slightly damaged in transit. Any input would be much appreciated!

It's still in the sealed box, so apologies for the somewhat blurry photos!

*snip*
Not to detract from Deonasis's observations, but I just checked out my Black Metal Unicron and indeed it might be bad news...

That section is designed with a spring and pin assembly for the hinge but the actual plates do indeed come off.
It all really depends on what area is detached (The hinge or the plate), meaning you'd have to open it and have a good look to properly diagnose IMO


@Verno: Do you have a physical copy of DoFP (BOTCON '06 Comic) man?
Reply With Quote
  #4444  
Old 7th January 2012, 02:26 PM
Verno's Avatar
Verno Verno is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 11th Mar 2008
Location: Burnie
Posts: 2,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
@Verno: Do you have a physical copy of DoFP (BOTCON '06 Comic) man?
I don't. I'm just curious as to how bad it is
__________________

The TVC Presents:
TransWarp: Csirac - Issue #1 Issue #2 Issue #3
Transformers: Rise of the Maximals - Issue #1
Transformers: Honour - Issue #1 Issue #2
Transformers: X - Issue #1
Reply With Quote
  #4445  
Old 7th January 2012, 02:37 PM
Hursticon's Avatar
Hursticon Hursticon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Mar 2010
Location: Dapto
Posts: 12,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verno View Post
I don't. I'm just curious as to how bad it is
Well when this bloody Tigerhawk missile (As well as the BW paperwork ) arrives from the UK, you will indeed have a copy headed your way mate.
Reply With Quote
  #4446  
Old 7th January 2012, 03:04 PM
Verno's Avatar
Verno Verno is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 11th Mar 2008
Location: Burnie
Posts: 2,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
Well when this bloody Tigerhawk missile (As well as the BW paperwork ) arrives from the UK, you will indeed have a copy headed your way mate.
Only if you don't want it and have run out of toilet paper mate!

They've been coming for a few weeks now, there is nothing more frustrating than waiting for stuff in the post.
__________________

The TVC Presents:
TransWarp: Csirac - Issue #1 Issue #2 Issue #3
Transformers: Rise of the Maximals - Issue #1
Transformers: Honour - Issue #1 Issue #2
Transformers: X - Issue #1
Reply With Quote
  #4447  
Old 7th January 2012, 03:20 PM
Hursticon's Avatar
Hursticon Hursticon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Mar 2010
Location: Dapto
Posts: 12,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verno View Post
Only if you don't want it and have run out of toilet paper mate!
It's not all too bad really but it certainly doesn't hold a candle to what you've handed down to us.
I bought 2 version through Griffin from the Collectors Club store, they're exactly the same beyond the cover so all I have to do is decide which one I like least.

Quote:
They've been coming for a few weeks now, there is nothing more frustrating than waiting for stuff in the post.
Yeah... Xmas didn't help much either and they'd been on their way here a week prior to Xmas too which is the most frustrating part.
Reply With Quote
  #4448  
Old 7th January 2012, 03:29 PM
Verno's Avatar
Verno Verno is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 11th Mar 2008
Location: Burnie
Posts: 2,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
Yeah... Xmas didn't help much either and they'd been on their way here a week prior to Xmas too which is the most frustrating part.
Damn straight. I'm waiting on a small parts lot from the US and it's been a looking time coming, so much so the seller emailed me because I hadn't contacted him to tell him it had arrived.

Fingers crossed for this week for both of us!
__________________

The TVC Presents:
TransWarp: Csirac - Issue #1 Issue #2 Issue #3
Transformers: Rise of the Maximals - Issue #1
Transformers: Honour - Issue #1 Issue #2
Transformers: X - Issue #1
Reply With Quote
  #4449  
Old 7th January 2012, 03:56 PM
Hursticon's Avatar
Hursticon Hursticon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Mar 2010
Location: Dapto
Posts: 12,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verno View Post
Fingers crossed for this week for both of us!
Indeed dude, indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #4450  
Old 7th January 2012, 03:58 PM
Verno's Avatar
Verno Verno is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 11th Mar 2008
Location: Burnie
Posts: 2,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
Indeed dude, indeed.
How's the paperwork collection coming anyway? Are there specific things you're after or just whatever comes up?
__________________

The TVC Presents:
TransWarp: Csirac - Issue #1 Issue #2 Issue #3
Transformers: Rise of the Maximals - Issue #1
Transformers: Honour - Issue #1 Issue #2
Transformers: X - Issue #1
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.