Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 5th June 2009, 12:49 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Default TRU Exclusive Darkwing/Countdown - how much is too much?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I was hoping for some feedback on the price range for the TRU Darkwing and Countdown figures.

I have found them in WA for $80, which I am having some trouble accepting.

What price are they going for in other states?

And what do board members think of the price I have seen them at?
Old 5th June 2009, 01:00 AM
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod

same $80 price... prob want them cheaper but can definitely wait or miss out on them.
Old 5th June 2009, 02:43 AM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

I will tell you how much is too much. $80!

Stuid toys r us. Guess what will be left on the shelves there. My local is still trying to flog those damn turnarounds from the 1st movie.
Old 5th June 2009, 06:47 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

It's disappointing to see those priced at AU$80 here, while only being priced at about US$25 in America. And with them being at TRU, we probably won't see a price reduction on them either.

I'd recommend looking for them online (toy dealers or ebay) and do the math on the conversions and shipping, to see if you can actually get them imported for a lot less.

Ozformers on Twitter (join for Australian Transformers News, First Toy Sightings, and Store Sales)
My BotCon archive (so far includes full coverage of last 7 BotCons)
How to use Amazon America (for cheaper toys)

My collection (updated soon) - - Toys I want - - Recent arrivals - - Random stuff from me
Old 5th June 2009, 10:18 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

If they get lots of shelf warmers, they might just reduce the price later. It's way too much to ask just for a repaint.

Glad to finally have time to come back to OTCA and to selective collecting of my TFs and LEGO!
Old 5th June 2009, 10:23 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
It's disappointing to see those priced at AU$80 here, while only being priced at about US$25 in America. And with them being at TRU, we probably won't see a price reduction on them either.
True, up til now they're trying to flog off them recoulored Mudflap and Red alert at full price and its been a year now..... Good thing I'm not after these molds , just rapes your wallet with prices like that.
Old 5th June 2009, 01:21 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
It's disappointing to see those priced at AU$80 here, while only being priced at about US$25 in America.
Actually, while I was in the USA in April they were priced at $29.99 while their other Ultras were $24.99, so even the USA branch was gouging based on the exclusitivity.

LET'S MAKE A DEAL!!!
Old 5th June 2009, 01:26 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Just the words "TRU Exclusive" make me sad.
Old 5th June 2009, 02:40 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
Actually, while I was in the USA in April they were priced at $29.99 while their other Ultras were $24.99, so even the USA branch was gouging based on the exclusitivity.
I did say 'about'.
But I have an idea of what you are talking about. Demonac and I were at a TRU in LA and they only had Darkwing. It scanned at $30, but the only 'Universe Ultra' shelf tag was for $25.
We just thought it was a pricing error, but now it makes sense if you are saying that those two exclusives were meant to be $5 more.
There were no other Ultras in stock, and no other Ultra-size-class shelf tags, so how were we to know that we convinced them to do an adjustment to match a different product?

I certainly wouldn't have intentionally done it, because even at US$30 it was a bargain compared to the AU TRU price, and I would have still been happy to pay it. We just thought we were being ripped off by TRU for having it scan up incorrectly...

Ozformers on Twitter (join for Australian Transformers News, First Toy Sightings, and Store Sales)
My BotCon archive (so far includes full coverage of last 7 BotCons)
How to use Amazon America (for cheaper toys)

My collection (updated soon) - - Toys I want - - Recent arrivals - - Random stuff from me
Old 5th June 2009, 03:27 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Haha. They foiled themselves. Excellent.

LET'S MAKE A DEAL!!!