Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimus and Bumblebee at NSW TRU.

Default Optimus and Bumblebee at NSW TRU.

I'm guessing it's just some people dressed up, but I wonder how well the costumes would be to claim, meet 'the real' TFs characters.

http://www.toysrus.com.au/slideshow/70/2_2.jpg

Penrith and Cambletown Jun 13
    Parramatta and Moore Park Jun 14

Haha, I'll still be at the Penrith one on saturday.
    I'll get photos and we'll see how well they look haha.

I wonder if they'll have a suit like that Bumblebee at BotCon... that was a pretty impressive costume.

Knowing TRU, it's probably just people wearing the Roleplay helmets and weapons...

RokDog is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

In addition to the mascots, at the Penrith and Campbelltown stores there will be a real life Optimus Prime truck present at the times indicated by the TRU site ^_^
    Last edited by RokDog; 11th June 2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Added pic of truck; fixed locations

maaan Im day off that day but from night shift, sigh. Hmm wouldnt hurt to take a peek prolly.

Oh and welcome back Rokdog, been aaaaageeeees!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

THat would have cost a lot to have done. I wonder if it is someone's actual truck they own, or if it is just a temporary thing by Paramount (or some other interested party).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Knowing TRU, it's probably just people wearing the Roleplay helmets and weapons...
    Apparently the costumes are from Hasbro.. The Kenworth truck painted up as Optimus Prime (or similar) will be at Penrith and Campbelltown... I'll be down at Penrith to have a look. Long drive but should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RokDog View Post
    In addition to the mascots, at the Parramatta and Campbelltown stores there will be a real life Optimus Prime truck present at the times indicated by the TRU site ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by duster440 View Post
    Apparently the costumes are from Hasbro.. The Kenworth truck painted up as Optimus Prime (or similar) will be at Penrith and Campbelltown... I'll be down at Penrith to have a look. Long drive but should be fun!
    I'm confused, will it be Penrith or Parra?
    Im bloody workin on sunday so can't make it to Parra if it's there (but where could they put it if it was there?)
    At least Penrith has a big enough carpark for it.

So which is it, can anyone confirm which it will be?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    THat would have cost a lot to have done. I wonder if it is someone's actual truck they own, or if it is just a temporary thing by Paramount (or some other interested party).
    Im not sure, but I do remember seeing it at the last Sydney car show, it wasn't with other special privately owned cars, but if Hasbro or Paramount owned it surely they would have used it in more promotional activities by now.

1AZRAEL1, I'm sure it would be Penrith, as they have their own private car-park, as opposed to Parra where they would have to try and squeeze it into a Westfields car park (that would be funny to watch )
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)