Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 16th March 2012, 04:37 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Did you know my air-conditioner is not working??

or

Me egg-nishners on the blink aye??
Old 16th March 2012, 04:48 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
Did you know my air-conditioner is not working??

or

Me egg-nishners on the blink aye??
Time to put a bag of ice on your head?
Old 16th March 2012, 05:12 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

had an ex-gf add me as a friend on facebook and there was no way in hell i was going to open that can of worms. So I preceeded to ignore the friend request but in my stupitity pressed the confirm button and had to quickly find and defriend her. Hopefully she goes away now
Old 16th March 2012, 05:17 PM
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by loophole View Post
had an ex-gf add me as a friend on facebook and there was no way in hell i was going to open that can of worms. So I preceeded to ignore the friend request but in my stupitity pressed the confirm button and had to quickly find and defriend her. Hopefully she goes away now
I had a similar experience. I got a friend request from an ex-gf, she sent me a message saying "i know we had a bad break up blah blah blah. Lets be adults and put the past behind us blah blah blah" So I thought to myself she has matured alright so I accepted her friend request. The next day SHE unfriended me... Thats right after SHE sent me the friend request SHE unfriended me. Looks like she is still a nutjob.

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503
Old 21st March 2012, 01:02 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
Interestingly My new gripe though? - The abuse of the English language for Bull***t advertising gimmicks!

KFC is now adopting with "Goodification"...
Seriously, I want to punch something!
This didn't really faze me much. Initially I just thought you guys were being melodramatic. Then I saw the ad on TV. It just made me feel annoyed. Which clown in the fried chicken marketing department came up with that?

If their chicken wasn't so damn finger lickin' good, I'd be boycotting KFC too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantz View Post
Couldn't agree more, Hurst!

My main gripe being, everyday I here more and more Australians say 'ass' over 'arse' like 'badass' etc.
I come from a very multicultural neighbourhood out here and everyone I know says one or the other. I'd say the breakdown is 70% "ass" and 30% "arse".

I reckon it's a matter of personal preference; as opposed to us being Americanised.
Old 21st March 2012, 01:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

If it were a personal preference, I would have been hearing it my whole life, it has only begun over the past 2 to 3 years.
Old 21st March 2012, 07:07 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Arse all the way thanks

My personal pet hates are "Impactful" and the subsequent abuse that the word 'impact' has been recieving as of late and;

'Could care less.' <-- Just read that sentence and more often then not people are using it wrong! I am looking at YOU Transformers Collectors Club, who seem incredibly fond of that phrase! Learn how to use it first!!!

Gaaaah!

Advertising has a LOT to answer for. I tell ya, if I was God...

Fire and brimstone my friends, fire and Brimstone!

On a side note, KFC ads had been ridiculously awful as of late, I don't even go there anymore.
Old 21st March 2012, 07:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Just found this thread.

Stupid PS3 YLOD

/rant. (My rants are short)
Old 22nd March 2012, 03:37 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loophole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
I had a similar experience. I got a friend request from an ex-gf, she sent me a message saying "i know we had a bad break up blah blah blah. Lets be adults and put the past behind us blah blah blah" So I thought to myself she has matured alright so I accepted her friend request. The next day SHE unfriended me... Thats right after SHE sent me the friend request SHE unfriended me. Looks like she is still a nutjob.
I had similar experience a number of years ago now, before all this social networking crap

My ex called my house up, a number of months after we broke up, and I gave her my mobile number. I remember she called me and me gloating how much my life was better without her, not saying it in those words, but stuff like, I'm in a band now, got a job, and life's great blah blah blah. Was quite uplifting for how badly our relationship ended lol. Stopped talking for a long time after that call

Years later, she finds me on facebook, I add her, but hardly talk to her anyway. Still gloated again though, bought a house, getting married, great job now, band released a couple of cds before splitting, playing guitar and writing my own music etc.

She was a nutjob too, Hursty would know who she was...
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:07 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
She was a nutjob too, Hursty would know who she was...
You have to date at least one nutjob in your life to know there is always something better out there for you later.Been there done it my self once...In the words of Kup "Experience, lad. You should learn to appreciate it"
John 3:16 God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life