Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Scavenger's Acquisitions

Sightings/Sales

Old 12th July 2011, 04:43 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post

Blaster and his cassetes are on the agenda too. *damn collectoritis*
I would love to get my hands on the Japanese issue cassettes, hopefully one day!

Nice pick up HD, you've got one great collection! So jealous!
Old 13th July 2011, 09:07 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Thanks for the kind words rocman. I still have quite a few things that aren't on display and not recent acquisitions

This guy arrived at my work yesterday (Makes work a whole lot more fun)

I was super impressed with his condition considering he's a 23yo toy. Going back about 7 or 8 years he was my fave gestalt. These days I think I've been staring at Predaking too long, but I love his balance of colour. He was important to me as my brother had Snaptrap as a kid but never completed Piranacon. When I got into collecting a few years ago I used his Snappy to build up a Piranacon. The exact details are lost in time. I either lent him to my brother for display (most likely) or gave him to him for a present. So recently getting back into G1 collecting he was a chase figure for me considering I have most of the other Gestalts.

I've not posted photos up but I have a small "Billy" Bookcase from Ikea with glass shelves and nice glass doors all from Ikea, for some of my special transformers. The top shelf was going to be half TFs and Gundam (Thank god I saw the light)
Old 15th July 2011, 06:33 PM

This arrived last month ... completes my goodbyes which I had wanted since I first found they existed!

Old 18th July 2011, 12:59 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

^ ooh ahh.... really nice skullcruncher, i'm very envious mate.

forgive me if i'm outta line, but what would one expect to pay for something like that?

janda
Old 18th July 2011, 02:44 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
This arrived last month ... completes my goodbyes which I had wanted since I first found they existed!

very sweet dude, welcome to the Goodbye Megatron club!

Are you going to photograph them side by side?

Old 18th July 2011, 04:19 PM

Janda - it was cheaper than I thought it would be and a little more expensive than my individually boxed ones

HD - In time I will get photographed these two side by side, really pleased with them both. I didn't see either goodbyes on my recent trip. And I only saw one VS set at Nakano that appears to have been there for some time.
Old 19th July 2011, 08:30 PM

Not toys but G1 releated

T-Shirts are of Prime and Megs.
Old 19th July 2011, 08:49 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:

Damn very nice there Skullcruncher, sort of makes me want one now

Hopefully Ill have a couple of things to show off in a day or so. Nothing major but some more of my wants completed.

Valkyrie's SDF:
Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(still dreaming ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.
Figma Grail: Shirou Emiya.
Nendoroid Grails: HMO Miku, Saberlion.
Other Grails: Nothing at the moment.
Old 20th July 2011, 02:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
Thanks for the kind words rocman. I still have quite a few things that aren't on display and not recent acquisitions

*snip*

I was super impressed with his condition considering he's a 23yo toy. Going back about 7 or 8 years he was my fave gestalt. These days I think I've been staring at Predaking too long, but I love his balance of colour. He was important to me as my brother had Snaptrap as a kid but never completed Piranacon. When I got into collecting a few years ago I used his Snappy to build up a Piranacon. The exact details are lost in time. I either lent him to my brother for display (most likely) or gave him to him for a present. So recently getting back into G1 collecting he was a chase figure for me considering I have most of the other Gestalts.

I've not posted photos up but I have a small "Billy" Bookcase from Ikea with glass shelves and nice glass doors all from Ikea, for some of my special transformers. The top shelf was going to be half TFs and Gundam (Thank god I saw the light)

*snip*
Oh wow!

A very nice acquisition there Aqua as it's my understanding that an Original Piranacon that is complete is rather difficult to obtain, so baring that in mind and the fact that this particular gestalt holds some childhood significance for you - I tend to think that these sorts of acquisitions are all the more special.

I myself decided to go with the recent reissue of Piranacon, purely because of affordability and so that I didn't have to try and piece-meal one to completion but I must say that I do prefer the rather individualising, purple colour scheme of Overbite though as he is a rather cool figure huh?

Whilst your display case is small man, it is nearly bursting at the seems with awesome-sauce though as the G1 Gestalts really have an aura about them that hasn't been achieved by any later generation team IMO.
I mean, the Beast Wars gestalts are rather cool in their own right but for quite different reasons but from that point forward they've been rather lacking IMO without the help of *cough* 3rd parties *cough*.

Looking at that case though, I really need to try and get my hands on a Computron at some point as he is the last U.S. main-line release G1 gestalt that I need... You're a lucky bloke Aqua.

Quote:

*snip*
Congratulations Skullcruncher, those 2-packs are quite cool in how they contain twice the amount of G1-awesome and especially with those 2 particular characters.

Quote:
Not toys but G1 releated

*snip*

T-Shirts are of Prime and Megs.
Ooh... Those are cool!, Decoys for the win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
Hopefully Ill have a couple of things to show off in a day or so. Nothing major but some more of my wants completed.
Hmm, curious indeed Valkyrie...
Old 20th July 2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
Oh wow!

A very nice acquisition there Aqua as it's my understanding that an Original Piranacon that is complete is rather difficult to obtain, so baring that in mind and the fact that this particular gestalt holds some childhood significance for you - I tend to think that these sorts of acquisitions are all the more special.

I myself decided to go with the recent reissue of Piranacon, purely because of affordability and so that I didn't have to try and piece-meal one to completion but I must say that I do prefer the rather individualising, purple colour scheme of Overbite though as he is a rather cool figure huh?

Whilst your display case is small man, it is nearly bursting at the seems with awesome-sauce though as the G1 Gestalts really have an aura about them that hasn't been achieved by any later generation team IMO.
I mean, the Beast Wars gestalts are rather cool in their own right but for quite different reasons but from that point forward they've been rather lacking IMO without the help of *cough* 3rd parties *cough*.

Looking at that case though, I really need to try and get my hands on a Computron at some point as he is the last U.S. main-line release G1 gestalt that I need... You're a lucky bloke Aqua.
Thanks Hurst,
That display case while small is perfect for the place it was intended for. It sits underneath my floating shelves on my "Classicsverse" wall and the top of the bookcase is a shelf for the larger non and "Classicsverse" figures released (Combiners) and Energon Omega Supreme, Cyberton Metroplex.

I'm going to remove the Titanium figures (no idea where they're going to go) and have my G1 Targetmasters on that shelf. They've already moved in, but the Titaniums don't want to be evicted Especially since I've managed to get *awaiting delivery* of Hot Rod and Blurr. Just have to get my 2 least favourite ones Scourge and Cyclonus and not have to call in a bankloan

I'm hoping I can "reclaim" our spare room and use a few of the larger Ikea bookcases (again with doors) for some more displays. G1's look great behind glass and especially on glass shelves. Ikea's great for that but is an expensive way of doing it. I think they look better then using their own glass display cases they stock.

I love Piranacon and will soon have all the incarnations of him (G1, Beast Wars Whatever, TFCC and Reissue) There's plenty of colour differences between the G1 and Reissue. I prefer the G1 but I'm looking at getting another one for out of the box display and *shoot me* a G1 Giftset edition if I can find one I don't need to sell a kidney and a pile of vital organs for and one that's not AFA graded *shakes fist*

I'm going to confess Predaking is not G1 and is a Reissue (Non Encore) Though I have his individual con's stored away. Computron is awesomesauce and probably my fave Autobot combiner. I like Defensor but his head is weird to me.