Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Scavenger's Acquisitions

Sightings/Sales

Old 13th July 2012, 06:55 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

What liege said......leave some stuff for us

Very nice stuff there guys.

Valkyrie's SDF:
Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(still dreaming ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.
Figma Grail: Shirou Emiya.
Nendoroid Grails: HMO Miku, Saberlion.
Other Grails: Nothing at the moment.
Old 14th July 2012, 02:04 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshape View Post
Saw this on you're blog, amazing stuff, is that a third liokaiser?

Got these from heretic the other day... only Metal Hawk left for the MF Pretenders
It's actually, the fifth Liokaiser
But this set was for another collector friend, heh.

If you are getting all the MF pretenders in box, there is C-200: Lander too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
Unbelievable HD. such prime examples too. blown away.
Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
Wow, awesome hauls there guys! HD leave some for us to find when we finally go to Japan
don't worry, they get replenished all the time.... But G1 is very hard to find there now for a good price, very expensive.

Old 14th July 2012, 09:16 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Hehe yeah forgot about him, at least he will be cheaper than metalhawk
Old 14th July 2012, 09:31 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
It's actually, the fifth Liokaiser
But this set was for another collector friend, heh.

Thanks mate!

don't worry, they get replenished all the time.... But G1 is very hard to find there now for a good price, very expensive.
Oh nooooo! HD saying its expensive, sigh now there really is nothing left to buy.

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, X9 Ravage, Botcon Doublepunch, Myclones Thundercracker, Red Alert and Dirge, Victory Leo.
Parts- Repugnus' gun, AM partner Basher-side guns, Take-off's gun, Metalhawk's Gun
Other
DCUCSolomon Grundy, Nightwing
Old 16th July 2012, 06:51 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Got these from the Penrith Collectables fair. One of my Holy Grails, vintage Prime and First Aid to add to my other Protectobots. also got some action figures thrown in the deal http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...801#post308801

Also had a look through my old room and got these from home (i knew i had them somewhere). Hotspot and Silverbolt will help me build their respective combiners and Skalor is...um..unique

Old 16th July 2012, 08:37 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

spiderken17: I think that Optimus Prime may be a fake, judging from that box (which appears to have been "worn" on purpose to make it look old). Have a look at this site which compares the fake from the original. If it is indeed a fake, then I suggest that come next Penrith Fair you consider bringing that toy back to the seller and demand a refund (and if he refuses then you have every right to report the dealer to the police or ACCC as it is illegal to sell counterfeit items in Australia.

Transformers collection: 1762
Old 16th July 2012, 09:21 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
spiderken17: I think that Optimus Prime may be a fake, judging from that box (which appears to have been "worn" on purpose to make it look old). Have a look at this site which compares the fake from the original. If it is indeed a fake, then I suggest that come next Penrith Fair you consider bringing that toy back to the seller and demand a refund (and if he refuses then you have every right to report the dealer to the police or ACCC as it is illegal to sell counterfeit items in Australia.
Gok, I think you're right. At the very least, the box and the form appears to be fake. Toy could be real, but put in a fake box and insert, can't tell.

Old 16th July 2012, 09:33 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

That would be right. Things are always too good to be true. I was unaware that repros of this have been made. I will be going to the next one to get my money back.

Thanks for that guys (not being sarcastic). I feel like a right idiot now. Some people are deadset @#%*s
Old 16th July 2012, 09:49 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
That would be right. Things are always too good to be true. I was unaware that repros of this have been made. I will be going to the next one to get my money back.

Thanks for that guys (not being sarcastic). I feel like a right idiot now. Some people are deadset @#%*s
Oh no, that's terrible. See, this is the reason why I hate KOs.

If you have time, check out HighEndTFs which has a comprehensive guide on KO-ed USA boxed TFs.

Old 16th July 2012, 11:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
I was unaware that repros of this have been made.
There have been legit repros made, but the one you got does not appear to be one of them. There's never been a legit reissue released in a reproduction of the 1984 Hasbro box.

Legitimate reissues include:
Classic Optimus Prime (1990)
15th Anniversary Convoy (2000)*
New Year Special Convoy (2002)
Commemorative Series Optimus Prime* <--Note that although the text is in English, it uses the Japanese box art, not the Hasbro one
Transformers Collection Convoy (2003)
Encore Convoy (2007)
Universe Optimus Prime (2008)*
Chronicle Optimus Prime (2011) (only the cab robot is the G1 mould, the trailer is Dark of the Moon)
(*was sold in Australian retail)

There are some others which have new trailers or retooled heads, like iPod Convoy and Pepsi Convoy etc.

Quote:
I feel angry for you too dude, and I too loathe KOs. Makes me angry when I see fellow collectors part with their hard-earned cash for fakes... <swear.words>

Ignorance =/= stupidity, and I know that IRL that fake box looks really similar to the original -- you'd have to be already familiar with the differences and know how to spot it to tell. I personally don't know the differences without having that web site in front of me. When the Powerhouse Museum had their "The 80s Are Back" exhibition, they had a MISB G1 1984 Optimus Prime on display... I couldn't tell if it was fake or real (actually I thought it was fake because the box was in perfect condition), so I took a photo then went home and checked -- it was legit. But I personally couldn't tell on the spot, so I can totally understand how you would have been fooled. Especially considering that the box has fake wear and tear on it too! Obviously done to lower collectors' suspicions (because it makes it look older than it really is!). Deception on top of freaking deception... sons-of-unwed-parents!

Transformers collection: 1762