Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Scavenger's Acquisitions

Sightings/Sales

Old 6th October 2009, 04:40 PM
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod

A very nice condition Chromedome, HD. I've never owned a full-sized one (just the Junior version, which may be a more appropriate size for the toy's relative lack of complexity, and it has a die-cast chest [but I still think I'd rather have a 'senior' version.]) Also, re: what you say in your blog:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
I was, and still is, curious as to why he is called 'Chromedome'. I didn't, and still don't, think that it bears any correlation to his character design, alternate mode, tech specs or his profile. The name seems pretty out of the blue, almost as much as the name 'Highbrow' is out of the blue for Highbrow.
I actually think Highbrow makes way more sense than Chromedome for the character and toy. Highbrow thinks "warfare is barbaric" and "primitive", he talks "endlessly. Uses big words no one else understands. A self-righteous snob". This is what highbrow people do. He thinks he's above everyone else, plus he's a helicopter, so he's metaphorically and literally higher than most of the other Autobots too.

Chromedome - on the other hand - literally has a chrome 'dome' - a metal head. Like most of the 1987 Headmasters it's a 'head' reference/pun (Highbrow, Hardhead, Brainstorm, Mindwipe, Skullcruncher, Apeface, Cerebros et al.)
Old 7th October 2009, 02:12 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Finally managed to obtain a minty Tigertrack.

Old 7th October 2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post

Wow, my jaw dropped again. This thread really does it to me. Great acquisition, Gamblor. Mmm... that's what Sunstreaker's supposed to look like (according to his Tech Specs Bio and Universe Profile.)
Old 7th October 2009, 03:33 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

hmm my pic link doesnt work??

[IMG]F:\DCIM\100K6490\100_3308.JPG[/IMG]
Old 7th October 2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primatives View Post
hmm my pic link doesnt work??

[IMG]F:\DCIM\100K6490\100_3308.JPG[/IMG]
youve gota upload it to a site like photobucket etc mate then use the image tags
Old 7th October 2009, 04:29 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
Wow, my jaw dropped again. This thread really does it to me. Great acquisition, Gamblor. Mmm... that's what Sunstreaker's supposed to look like (according to his Tech Specs Bio and Universe Profile.)
Yeah, Sideswipe is supposed to be the Yellow Lambo, which ended up as Sunstreaker, and Sunstreaker was supposed to be the red one.

primatives - you can't just link to an image off your hard drive

Roadbuster loves Guns
Old 7th October 2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
Yeah, Sideswipe is supposed to be the Yellow Lambo, which ended up as Sunstreaker, and Sunstreaker was supposed to be the red one.
Kind of - they were the right colours, but the wrong moulds. Budiansky was working off the equivalents of these two Diaclone toys, but then Hasbro switched the colours for Transformers, making everything confusing and nonsensical:

The 'real' Sunstreaker and Sideswipe (Sunstreaker/Spin-Out is the pretty yellow one on the left with the "right shoulder-mounted, laser-guided, ground-to-air missile launcher" and "electron-pulse gun". Sideswipe's the red one on the right with a "rocket backpack", "piledriver" arms, "shoulder-mounted magnesium phosphorous flares" and whose design "is spoiled by the rear-mounted engine in his automobile mode". )
Old 7th October 2009, 07:31 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Red Sunstreaker is another one I want to get my hands on but it's going to be tough.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:38 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
I actually think Highbrow makes way more sense than Chromedome for the character and toy. Highbrow thinks "warfare is barbaric" and "primitive", he talks "endlessly. Uses big words no one else understands. A self-righteous snob". This is what highbrow people do. He thinks he's above everyone else, plus he's a helicopter, so he's metaphorically and literally higher than most of the other Autobots too.
nice analysis

Quote:
Chromedome - on the other hand - literally has a chrome 'dome' - a metal head. Like most of the 1987 Headmasters it's a 'head' reference/pun (Highbrow, Hardhead, Brainstorm, Mindwipe, Skullcruncher, Apeface, Cerebros et al.)
I never quite thought of it like that, but now that you mention it, it does make a whole lot of sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post

Very nice sir!

I got mine way back when it was released (as some mail away offer for a Jap magazine or something, yes?)

Old 7th October 2009, 11:33 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loophole View Post
that is just beutiful Heroic
Very, very nice G1 acquisition!