Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Scavenger's Acquisitions

Sightings/Sales

Old 15th June 2010, 08:20 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Yeah, I'd say get them too if you can find them for a good price (patience is the key). If you're so close to obtaining all the G1 combiners, then why not because it's obviously something you're thinking about.
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Old 15th June 2010, 10:38 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Guard City / Battle Gaia sets are really just glorified repaints. If you fork out the moola for these you'll probably find that's exactly what they are. Unless you're a diehard jap G1 fan, I reckon these sets would be pretty underwhelming to hold (for the first time) and put on display.

But if you have the money and an ever shrinking G1 wish list, then these guys might be right up your alley

My acquisition for the week; Targetmaster Cyclonus! Finally got a figure to go with Nightstick hehe. This guy is so fugly in robot mode holding the gun. Looks OK in jet mode though. Needs me a triggerhappy and Slugslinger figure now. I've noticed these two are quite susceptible to sun damage....so many yellowed figures floating around
Old 18th June 2010, 06:22 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

All acquired this month:

Galvatron from England:

Incomplete Victory Leo from England. Yes, I realize I haven't completed the transformation unfortunately:

Star Sabre Main Body from Japan:

Incomplete Japanese Fortress Maximus. As you can see he is very yellow on the back, but I intend to fix this up with Hydrogen Peroxide:

Also, my now mostly complete Overlord that I have restored from two Overlords. Again I realize I haven't folded up the purple cone in the first photo:
Old 18th June 2010, 06:26 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I'm loving the Japanese G1s
Looking for parts on the other hand....I've been having a tough time looking for Breast partners for my Deathsaurus

As for Overlord, I don't know if you know but you can use put a Metroplex's missle in his gun, it fits!
Old 18th June 2010, 06:36 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
I'm loving the Japanese G1s
Looking for parts on the other hand....I've been having a tough time looking for Breast partners for my Deathsaurus

As for Overlord, I don't know if you know but you can use put a Metroplex's missle in his gun, it fits!
No I didn't know that, sorry I forgot to add in the photo that I have two out of the three purple missiles but I will try the Metroplex missile anyway.

The same seller I purchased the Star Sabre body and Fort Max from occasionally puts Dezsauras parts up for sale, including his breast master partners.
Old 18th June 2010, 07:10 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post

Also, my now mostly complete Overlord that I have restored from two Overlords. Again I realize I haven't folded up the purple cone in the first photo:
Do you have any spare Overlord parts? I am after the upper torso part (jet) but in particular, one of the shoulder black pegs to attach the shield.

BTW: Congratz on your Victory Saber, Overlord and Max. Max despite the back yellowing looks pretty decent from the front which would make restoring it fairly easy since the back parts of Maxie are separate from the front parts (almost every piece splits in two).
Old 18th June 2010, 07:13 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Nice stuff Eruntalon.

btw, how do you tell whether its a Japanese Fort Max or US one?

Old 18th June 2010, 07:21 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

The only difference that I know of is the Japanese version comes with a pair of swords. Aside from that, the moulds / colours are the same.
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Old 18th June 2010, 07:24 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
I say buy it HD when you get a chance, dont seek it out actively, just that if it shows up in one of your searching days on ebay or elsewhere and the opportunity presents in a favorable manner, why not? As you've said its just a repaint, but its the only two left for you to complete your Combiners ... go Bingo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
Yeah, I'd say get them too if you can find them for a good price (patience is the key). If you're so close to obtaining all the G1 combiners, then why not because it's obviously something you're thinking about.
Yeah, that's the struggle the only 2 left and the 2 I'm a little unwilling to get. I'm toying with the idea of these guys MIB unused paperworks for a little. If I can negotiate the right price, I might bite....

Also, my main issue is not just "buy them", but it'd be fork out approx $1600 to buy both on a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
Guard City / Battle Gaia sets are really just glorified repaints. If you fork out the moola for these you'll probably find that's exactly what they are. Unless you're a diehard jap G1 fan, I reckon these sets would be pretty underwhelming to hold (for the first time) and put on display.

But if you have the money and an ever shrinking G1 wish list, then these guys might be right up your alley
Agree with you there dude. It's the glorified repaints part that is my roadblock. Battle Gaia has some interesting stickers though. So like I said above, if I can negotiate the right price for the 2 MIB unused giftsets, I might give it a go.

You're also spot on in terms of ever shrinking wish list. In terms of US G1 (little note: excludes AMs and Euro releases), Masterforce and Victory, I have less than 6 figures to go toward completion. But and its a very big BUT, I have expanded my wish list by now including the 6 Headmaster heads and the 4 Dino-casettes (good luck to myself to ever find these). So that's about 16-17 figures before I hang up my robe and call it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
My acquisition for the week; Targetmaster Cyclonus! Finally got a figure to go with Nightstick hehe. This guy is so fugly in robot mode holding the gun. Looks OK in jet mode though. Needs me a triggerhappy and Slugslinger figure now. I've noticed these two are quite susceptible to sun damage....so many yellowed figures floating around
Would love to see this. Nightstick just does not seem to be able to be held snugly by Cyclonus. I pick Cyclonus up and Nightstick usually falls off.

Old 18th June 2010, 07:25 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
The only difference that I know of is the Japanese version comes with a pair of swords. Aside from that, the moulds / colours are the same.
that's what I thought. With the C-114 box and the sword, Maximus would have a nationality identity crisis...