Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 22nd October 2009, 01:05 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Default The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

I think this should be stickied as the definitive thread.

Ok what is a G1 HM wierdwolf: Body + HM, no gun or tail, tight joints and good stickers worth?

also G1 HM jr Siren: Body + seat + HM + large gun, missing 2 small guns, good stickers, tight joints.

im partaking in a trade and just want to know im getting my moneys worth.

your thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers

Lint

My Collection
Old 22nd October 2009, 07:58 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I paid about $30 for my Chromedome which was complete w/ Stylor and both guns and about $70 for my Weirdwolf which was complete w/ Monzo, rifle, tail-sword, tech specs, decoder and instructions.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $40 for that Weirdwolf and I would be hesitant in getting Siren without the small head guns cos they'd be a beeotch to find separately (and IMO the small HMs look bad w/o them). fwiw I need Siren too.

Transformers collection: 1803
Old 22nd October 2009, 08:56 AM
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod

completed listings is your friend
will give you an idea of the current market rates
Old 23rd October 2009, 02:22 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

God Neptune MISB... there's a couple for around $200 AU (shipped) on ebay at the moment. But some of the completed auctions have sold for around $120. Should I hold out... (it is one of those toys that I think I'll buy and Takara will then announce Encore 21: Piranacon)
Old 23rd October 2009, 04:11 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I'd say hold out till it pops up again, or if you can get free shipping with that BIN $200 tag (if it's MISB) I reckon it's an ok price. I haven't really seen any of these sets for awhile, but I remember wanting one a year ago when they were selling for about $150US loose complete (auctions only).

Also, I agree with blackies comment. However, to make this thread work, people should be posting standard or semi-standard current prices for particular items of interest - not the bargain prices in which they got them for. I wouldn't regard $30 for a complete chromedome to be a "What is it worth" price as it might throw off the person asking the question.
Old 23rd October 2009, 05:08 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Weirdwolf - around $70 - 80 complete and good condition, without tail & gun around $45 - 50 tops but then its very, very hard to find the tail, the gun not so much.

Siren - without head lasers -$40 - $50, the head lasers are kinda a B%$@h to find though. Wish that darkov guy would make repros , My siren is missing his right head laser

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, X9 Ravage, Botcon Doublepunch, Myclones Thundercracker, Red Alert and Dirge, Victory Leo.
Parts- Repugnus' gun, AM partner Basher-side guns, Take-off's gun, Metalhawk's Gun[I][B]
Old 23rd October 2009, 05:53 PM
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
God Neptune MISB... there's a couple for around $200 AU (shipped) on ebay at the moment. But some of the completed auctions have sold for around $120. Should I hold out... (it is one of those toys that I think I'll buy and Takara will then announce Encore 21: Piranacon)
Unless you want God Neptune for his colours, box or virgin minty nature, $200 shipped still seems a lot to pay, considering you could get a loose Piranacon for about the same price. If you think about what you're missing out on (a Snaptrap gun, eight other guns, fifteen Targetmaster pieces and an entire limb [Nautilator]) and still want God Neptune himself, go for it, but $200 seems a bit pricey to me.
Old 23rd October 2009, 06:24 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

For anyone who'd care, according to ToyFare's Price Guide:
Weirdwolf: US$100(AU$108) MISB / US$30(AU$32) Loose Mint Complete
Siren: US$90($AU97) MISB / US$30(AU$32) Loose Mint Complete
...take it or leave it. :/

Transformers collection: 1803
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:29 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Confirms my gut feeling about God Neptune... I will pass for now and keep the fingers crossed for an encore. I had started looking for seacons but the few SnapTraps I could find didn't look so good and the limbs I could find where the ones I already have. Oh well. I will keep looking. Cheers guys.
Old 24th October 2009, 08:09 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
Also, I agree with blackies comment. However, to make this thread work, people should be posting standard or semi-standard current prices for particular items of interest - not the bargain prices in which they got them for. I wouldn't regard $30 for a complete chromedome to be a "What is it worth" price as it might throw off the person asking the question.
I'm with you here. I got my complete Overlord for $4, but that is no more a true reflection of what's it's worth than a $30 complete Chromedome is.

To make this thread work, there has to be some objectivity. I think reframing the question for each person as:

"if I were currently looking to buy this figure now, how much would I pay for it?"

But even then, there are inherent difficulties because each person wants their figures in different conditions, each will accept figures in different conditions and each places differing values on particular parts. For example liege may pay more for a complete Siren so he can get the right head laser and complete his siren but the next guy would be happy for a Siren that is missing his right head laser, thereby paying less than what liegeprime would pay, and wait and see to get it someday (little knowing he/she might wait years before obtaining it and hence pay a higher price later).

I'd say though, if you want it, it will make you happy, then it's worth whatever the price you pay for it. What it's worth is a question of value not cost (where value is the importance you place on it versus cost which is the money amount you paid to get it).