Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 28th January 2011, 08:45 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
He sells all of his stuff REALLLY cheap, even selling a Fort Max (with box) to BBTS for about $300. I know, what an idiot.
Quote:
Haha! He sold it for store credit so he could get a reissue predaking. Which he is now trying to get rid of... Rofl.

This person... Is INSANE!!!
(No offence Killingspoon - he is crazy though! )
Old 28th January 2011, 09:06 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I know man, last month I was looking for a Sixshot and this was the guy I ended up getting it off.
I ended up with a complete pretty much perfect sixshot, quickswitch, prerub soundwave and some other stuff (PCCs and some movie toys) for about $200AUD shipped. Freaking nuts!
Old 28th January 2011, 09:20 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
I know man, last month I was looking for a Sixshot and this was the guy I ended up getting it off.
I ended up with a complete pretty much perfect sixshot, quickswitch, prerub soundwave and some other stuff (PCCs and some movie toys) for about $200AUD shipped. Freaking nuts!
I hate you.

Well, if he is willing to part with them at such nutty prices and you're able to get in first - You'd be crazy-er not to.
Old 31st January 2011, 07:37 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

What would micromater bases (ironworks greaspit airwave and hot house) be worth MISB????

TF Sales Thread
Want List
Non TF Sales Thread

Follow Me on Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy
Old 31st January 2011, 09:02 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Not being a G1 collector, I'm doing some research into purchasing some G1 figures (which were originally my first two TFs as a kid), what do you think I should be paying for the following:

Hound MISB or MIB
Blitzwing MISB or MIB

Seeking C8 or better with the MIB option having unapplied stickers, missiles on trees, complete - basically same as MISB, but without the sealed part.

I know I will be paying a very high premium, but as these two hold a very special place in my heart, so be it - any input or opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Old 31st January 2011, 09:16 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
Not being a G1 collector, I'm doing some research into purchasing some G1 figures (which were originally my first two TFs as a kid), what do you think I should be paying for the following:

Hound MISB or MIB
Blitzwing MISB or MIB

Seeking C8 or better with the MIB option having unapplied stickers, missiles on trees, complete - basically same as MISB, but without the sealed part.

I know I will be paying a very high premium, but as these two hold a very special place in my heart, so be it - any input or opinion would be greatly appreciated.
I would say

Hound MIB - $130-150 MISB $400 or so
Blitzwing MIB - $110 - $130 MISB $325

But again totally depends on who looking at the same time if its on ebay. Hound MIB could go for $200 if its near perfect
Old 3rd February 2011, 02:56 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:

Hound MISB or MIB
Blitzwing MISB or MIB

Paul, apologies for taking a while to get back to you. I did see your PM.

Are you talking about getting the G1 versions, with bubble, but opened, everything else unused? If so, I think Hound would be around the range Skullcruncher mentioned (in USD). I know that in 2001, an MISB Hound went for USD600, its probably less now due to it being reissued. Blitzwing should also be around the region Skullcruncher mentioned, but I think it'd be around the USD$150 region for the condition you are looking for. If it comes with a nice bubble, chances are you'd expect to pay an extra premium for Blitzwing because the bubble (like all the decepticon triple changers) is odd shaped and really easy to muck and make it in bad condition.

With that being said however, I recommend getting the TFC reissues for BOTH these figures, unless you must have G1 versions of them, because:
- I think quality wise they are pretty close to the G1 versions;
- comes with nice extras and great packaging;
- this version of Blitzwing comes with the sharp version of his sword (same as the one you see in the catalogues), whereas the US version came with a rounded version that frankly does not look much like a sword);
- much easier to track down
- cheaper
- if they are MISB (which would still be cheap), you can be sure that they are NOT Zhong Jin KOs
- you get to get them absolutely minty

That's sort of my 2 cents...

Old 3rd February 2011, 07:42 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Thanks for the replies HD and Skullcruncher.

I have no intention on opening them up and want the two purely for nostalgia's sake, but definitely do want as 'minty' condition (i.e.brand new) ones as possible.

So yeah, I guess the other alternative is the TFC re-issues (since finding MISB ones are a lot easier to track down).

Having said that though, TFC Blitzwing MISB rarely pops up for sale and when it does, it's over $200 - for a reissue!

I guess I'll keep an eye out on eBay and see how I go - at the end of the day, I guess it comes down to what I'm prepared to pay for nostalgia I suppose.
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:12 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Thanks for the replies HD and Skullcruncher.

I have no intention on opening them up and want the two purely for nostalgia's sake, but definitely do want as 'minty' condition (i.e.brand new) ones as possible.

So yeah, I guess the other alternative is the TFC re-issues (since finding MISB ones are a lot easier to track down).

Having said that though, TFC Blitzwing MISB rarely pops up for sale and when it does, it's over $200 - for a reissue!

I guess I'll keep an eye out on eBay and see how I go - at the end of the day, I guess it comes down to what I'm prepared to pay for nostalgia I suppose.
This seller has both Reissues but both appear to have been opened .. Hound doesn't have a have high quality KO....yet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Col...item564264b36c
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:08 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
This seller has both Reissues but both appear to have been opened .. Hound doesn't have a have high quality KO....yet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Col...item564264b36c
Thanks, I saw that, but if I'm going to get the TFC reissues, I would prefer MISB.

I've seen a MISB TFC Hound for $180 inc postage - not sure if this is reasonable or not?