Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Ratchet's Repair Bay & ID/transformation Help > Knock-Offs, Replicas, Copied TFs - Alerts and ID help

Sightings/Sales

Old 6th June 2010, 08:53 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Default KO Menasor

Damn a**holes, just coz I am so close to finishing him off, they are doing a KO. Someone please sell me a left fist before this guy comes out

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...menasor/18799/
Old 6th June 2010, 09:21 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

The quality of that KO looks really good. I wonder how the stickers fair vs reprolabels.com own.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:47 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Not surprised. KOs still sell even though everybody knows (some don't) know what they are...Cheaper alternative to the original.

@ Azrael...that's not a hard part, you'll get there.
Old 7th June 2010, 08:01 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Thats great news. And yes the stickers are every bit as good as the original. I have a full set of G1 Stunticons but will love to have a new set to display and I can lock my originals away from the dust. Hope they come in a repro display box like the constructicons do.
Old 7th June 2010, 08:34 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I was actually thinking that the stickers of the KO was the easiest way to tell it's not legit - look at the yellow and red stripe sticker on Dragstrip's arm. It's shorter than the legit one.

Of course this is meaningless if someone buys a Reprolabels set as these are closer to the original.

Aside from the stickers, this is going to be very hard to tell apart from the original. Hopefully, TFW or Highendtf's will have a guide up soon.
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Old 7th June 2010, 08:59 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Yeah I'm hoping there will be small mould differences too, most likely the face - look at springer or scourge KO thers faces look terrible.

More KO's means more questions for sellers, buyers have to be more careful and so it goes on. Lucky im finished collecting or I would never start now.

No matter what people say a KO does taint anyones G1 collection(and the sometimes the seller), its like a rotten vegetable in the bottom of a fridge.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:29 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull Cruncher View Post
Yeah I'm hoping there will be small mould differences too, most likely the face - look at springer or scourge KO thers faces look terrible.

More KO's means more questions for sellers, buyers have to be more careful and so it goes on. Lucky im finished collecting or I would never start now.

No matter what people say a KO does taint anyones G1 collection(and the sometimes the seller), its like a rotten vegetable in the bottom of a fridge.
You're absolutely right. If I were still collecting, I'd NEVER settle for KOs...they absolutely do taint collections...people will buy whatever they will for their collections, but real is real and fake is fake
Old 7th June 2010, 12:32 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Thank goodness Im done with this.....but this means HasTak will NOT be reissuing The Stunticons then bad news for those wanting to complete their stunticon set still.

Last edited by liegeprime; 7th June 2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:39 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Damn that looks so real. Gotta think about it though, why are they making deadend and wildrider all of a sudden?

As for telling apart, the minty-ess of it should be a givaway. Plus did they do the other vehicle weapons too or not?
Old 7th June 2010, 12:43 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
Damn that looks so real. Gotta think about it though, why are they making deadend and wildrider all of a sudden?

As for telling apart, the minty-ess of it should be a givaway. Plus did they do the other vehicle weapons too or not?
No idea - my guess it will come out in a giftset like devestator or defensor. Fingers crossed they also mess up the art work somewhere