Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > MOTU & POP - Classic & New

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 16th February 2012, 03:45 PM
Hursticon's Avatar
Hursticon Hursticon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Mar 2010
Location: Dapto
Posts: 12,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup View Post
The design is flawed in the sense that the warmer it is the looser the toys become. You'll notice that the issue is less apparent during the colder months or days.

One way to fix it is to put the foot in boiling water (right out of the kettle) for 10 seconds and then squeeze the joint as tight as you can (not with your nail of course). While you are squeezing it, put it under cold water for about 5 seconds and the joint should be tighter now.

This is of course just a temporary fix as the rubbery nature of the plastic will cause it to soften up again during the warmer days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
There might be some helpful hints in this article Hursty-

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...fix-them/page7

OR you could always buy a Battle-cat for He-man to sit on, fix the problem that way?
Cheers guys, I'll look into both of these suggestions - Battlecat is unfortunately off of the cards though.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 11th August 2012, 01:55 PM
Yukitora's Avatar
Yukitora Yukitora is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 1st Jul 2012
Location: Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)
Posts: 250
Default smells like...

i have a giant plastic box filled with all the old guys, and that happy plastic smell that hemans are made of is really strong. (probably some brick sand form an tf battle in there too). would airing them out make it go away? i don't like spaying things and am not sure about this type of plastic reactions to anything outside of the box.

heman manly smell, thats what it is!
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11th August 2012, 02:07 PM
kup's Avatar
kup kup is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 28th Dec 2007
Location: NSW
Posts: 13,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
i have a giant plastic box filled with all the old guys, and that happy plastic smell that hemans are made of is really strong. (probably some brick sand form an tf battle in there too). would airing them out make it go away? i don't like spaying things and am not sure about this type of plastic reactions to anything outside of the box.

heman manly smell, thats what it is!
A couple are supposed to smell like Stinkor and Moss-Man - That's their gimmick!

Maybe being packed together for so long, Stinkor's smell transferred over to the other guys?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11th August 2012, 10:29 PM
Yukitora's Avatar
Yukitora Yukitora is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 1st Jul 2012
Location: Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)
Posts: 250
Default

ROFL
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 15th September 2012, 10:29 AM
Skullcruncher's Avatar
Skullcruncher Skullcruncher is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 26th Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,314
Default

Whats the best webiste for a collection checklist? Item id etc?

I found this one http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toycollection.php?id=1

I'm thinking of collecting only the original release items, are any of the reissues the same(as in exactly same accessories etc) as the originals?
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 15th September 2012, 07:19 PM
Sky Shadow's Avatar
Sky Shadow Sky Shadow is offline
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod
 
Join Date: 27th Jan 2008
Location: La Face Cachée de la Lune
Posts: 6,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
Whats the best webiste for a collection checklist? Item id etc?

I found this one http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toycollection.php?id=1

I'm thinking of collecting only the original release items, are any of the reissues the same(as in exactly same accessories etc) as the originals?
The reissue of Trap-Jaw is missing an accessory and the reissue of Faker is missing a sticker.
__________________
My art; my blog; my writing. And "we want Generations Star Upper!"
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 22nd September 2012, 05:59 PM
Skullcruncher's Avatar
Skullcruncher Skullcruncher is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 26th Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,314
Default

I have two skeletors - one has the two 'eyebrow' type lines while the other does not. Skeletor with 'eyebrows' is dated Matel Inc 1981 Taiwan while no eyebrow skeletor is just marked Matel Inc 1981 with no country.

Any way to tell these what these variations are? Does anyone care about variations in MOTU Collecting?
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 2nd November 2012, 06:05 AM
Deceptic_Optic's Avatar
Deceptic_Optic Deceptic_Optic is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 3rd Jun 2009
Location: Blacktown
Posts: 2,361
Default

ok i just got hooked in this line, and bought myself a he-man, she-ra, battle cat, swiftwind, hordak and skeletor. im just so new to this and only would really like to collect the main characters in the cartoon line any suggestion where to get them and are they going to cost heaps? i would really appreciate the help guys.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:35 AM
Sky Shadow's Avatar
Sky Shadow Sky Shadow is offline
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod
 
Join Date: 27th Jan 2008
Location: La Face Cachée de la Lune
Posts: 6,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
ok i just got hooked in this line, and bought myself a he-man, she-ra, battle cat, swiftwind, hordak and skeletor. im just so new to this and only would really like to collect the main characters in the cartoon line any suggestion where to get them and are they going to cost heaps? i would really appreciate the help guys.
I'm selling a MISB Evil-Lyn here and I have a bunch of others that I'm going to sell - I'll see what I have and if any are core cartoon characters. Here's a checklist of what's available - have a look to decide who you want to collect. If you want a blue Mer-Man and Stratos with blue wings, see if these will ship to Australia. And next year, set an alarm for just before the sales start on Matty.com to get Ram Man (January 16th) and Jitsu (February 16th).
__________________
My art; my blog; my writing. And "we want Generations Star Upper!"
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:14 AM
Sky Shadow's Avatar
Sky Shadow Sky Shadow is offline
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod
 
Join Date: 27th Jan 2008
Location: La Face Cachée de la Lune
Posts: 6,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
I have two skeletors - one has the two 'eyebrow' type lines while the other does not. Skeletor with 'eyebrows' is dated Matel Inc 1981 Taiwan while no eyebrow skeletor is just marked Matel Inc 1981 with no country.

Any way to tell these what these variations are? Does anyone care about variations in MOTU Collecting?
It's hard to tell what you're talking about without images. But try squishing the heads and let us know if they're hard or soft. People don't care about minor paint variants, but there are some cool MOTU variants: Leo Skeletor, Green Arms Modulok, Camouflage Kobra Khan, Black Grizzlor, Blue Wings Stratos, Man-E-Weapons, Red Neck Rattlor and many more. The best variant is Leo Faker:



With his black eye make-up and Skeletor's accessories in orange, he looks like an Eternian Egyptian god.
__________________
My art; my blog; my writing. And "we want Generations Star Upper!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.