Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Animated on Free-to-Air Australian TV from Mon 11 August

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is why we all watched both seasons through the nice torrent tv station. Sure the promos annoyed the absolute carp out of me, but they showed the whole lot.

Heh. I think I see a couple of more torrent tv converts on the way that are finally disgusted with Australian FTA, (well, just channel 10).
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I'm not particularly fond of downloaded TV, legal issues aside, and enjoy the whole experience of getting up early, freezing and watching my favourite show while hiding in blankets. It's just not the same on the computer.

However, my frustration is getting out of hand. Even if I had not already seen the premiere movie episodes, I could tell there were bits missing. I may yet have to join the downloaders.

Way to go TV! Complain bitterly about losing viewers to the internet while slapping loyal viewers daily with a cold fish!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's why I have a HTPC. Enjoy your shows whenever you want without sitting directly in front of a computer monitor.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Thanks! On my wishlist now!

www.megatron.net.au

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    they never listen

i email them occassionaly to complain of the heavily edited Simpsons eps, they cut out entire scenes!!!!

and as for channel 10, seriously i hate their seriously ads and stupid overly dramatic voiceovers
    +1 though I suspect that butchering of cartoons episodes has been a longer-term problem than even ch10's crapulence. Virtually all my favourite cartoons have been molested by networks and/or translators This has put me off local versions of a lot of cartoons...

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    That's why I have a HTPC. Enjoy your shows whenever you want without sitting directly in front of a computer monitor.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEC-9PG-PLUS-...QQcmdZViewItem
    All you need is a good HDTV card and something like this to make PCTV viewing worthwhile... if you are the kind of person with the time (and space) to set up a CRT projector A VGA -> BNC adapter is just about all the hardware you would need to get connected and leave your (tiny) LCD monitor behind. CRT projectors are not like data projectors and even though they are generally older models now, they can give a great theatre-like picture when set up correctly and in good working order.

PS. I have nothing to do with this ad - but I am a CRT projector owner

I just burn them to DVD, as either normal DVD discs, or data discs and watch them on the tv. My DVD players play both normal DVD's as well as the data mpeg discs, so I can get the whole 2 seasons on 1 disc.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

If you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 you can watch it on your TV with (almost) no hassles.

All that aside at the end of the day at least it’s on free to air TV all be it over cut. I am a diehard 80's G1 fan partly because that’s the toys I grew up with. It’s a great feeling seeing my son watch this show as I did as a child.

It’s like the circle beginning again. He is blissfully unaware it has bits missing as most kids. It seems the kids at his school are also talking about it and that’s a good thing (if the shops stock enough for all of us.) The more people who buy the toys give Hasbro/takara more reason to continue making them.

You're right TP&E. I'd rather have it on there cut up rather than not at all.

www.megatron.net.au

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy
    If you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 you can watch it on your TV with (almost) no hassles.
    But consoles don't play non-R4 DVDs do they?