PDA

View Full Version : Titan Class METROPLEX

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jazzcomp
22nd September 2013, 11:33 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/loss_for_words.gif

KaRNiV8L PRiME
23rd September 2013, 10:51 PM
If you don't get a chance to get him with targets 20% off! Big W will have the Titan for $98 in a few weeks

Sinnertwin
23rd September 2013, 10:54 PM
If you don't get a chance to get him with targets 20% off! Big W will have the Titan for $98 in a few weeks

Well, this just gets better :) :D :)
that's a great price. Great price!
I'm curious as to whether Myer & TRU will amend.their originally listed prices.

jazzcomp
23rd September 2013, 11:18 PM
yes, that's a great price indeed. :) Making me rethink about buying on thursday :)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
23rd September 2013, 11:23 PM
yes, that's a great price indeed. :) Making me rethink about buying on thursday :)

I'll buy it this week from target, keep the receipt. Buy from big w at $98 and refund later at target

jazzcomp
23rd September 2013, 11:30 PM
I'll buy it this week from target, keep the receipt. Buy from big w at $98 and refund later at target
Similar minds think alike :)

Omega Metro
23rd September 2013, 11:45 PM
Great!:)
Sounds like poverty pack Metroplex will be shelf warming everywhere soon.

theshape
23rd September 2013, 11:55 PM

:D

Codystp
24th September 2013, 07:17 AM

I find it hard to believe that big w will have it for 98... 50 dollars Cheaper than target… I don't think that works… Don't get me wrong I'd love to buy it for but I just can't see it happening

drifand
24th September 2013, 07:58 AM
where is this BigW confirmation from?

KaRNiV8L PRiME
24th September 2013, 08:33 AM
I find it hard to believe that big w will have it for 98... 50 dollars Cheaper than target… I don't think that works… Don't get me wrong I'd love to buy it for but I just can't see it happening

Tsk tsk tsk

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU4ZNJPCEAAfR4p.jpg

drifand
24th September 2013, 08:34 AM
Tsk tsk tsk

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU4ZNJPCEAAfR4p.jpg

What promotion I wonder.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
24th September 2013, 08:36 AM
What promotion I wonder.

I believe it will be around 1st week of November

drifand
24th September 2013, 08:38 AM

ur holy crap, I think I settle for it as it is. I have spaced out my budget nicely.
Great price, not sure I am going to risk.

Omega Metro
24th September 2013, 08:50 AM
I get staff discount at Target so at $113.24, I can't risk waiting til November when BigW have 'only 2per store' of Metroplex at $98. Targets price is still cheaper than getting one overseas.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
24th September 2013, 08:59 AM
I get staff discount at Target so at $113.24, I can't risk waiting til November when BigW have 'only 2per store' of Metroplex at $98. Targets price is still cheaper than getting one overseas.

Lol they're not toys r us

drifand
24th September 2013, 10:26 AM
Face it guys, end of the day I am not paying $200 for a Hasbro version. IMO this is already a good price as it is. I am not saying the rest of the sale prices are not sweet.

Shirokaze
24th September 2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the BigW promotion KP! I'll be happy to wait it out til November I think :)

Mr_K
24th September 2013, 11:14 AM

Indeed.....I'd like to know this too....

Shirokaze
24th September 2013, 11:43 AM
Indeed.....I'd like to know this too....

He works for BigW ;)

Mr_K
24th September 2013, 12:24 PM
He works for BigW ;)

I think I forgot to refresh the page before replying and missed all the converstation after Shirokaze's comment LOL

Now I'm really torn....

drifand
24th September 2013, 01:49 PM
Being said, is BigW going to have stocks like 8 metroplex per store? If you tell me is just three then is a bit of kick in the nuts to get it.

griffin
24th September 2013, 02:01 PM

We have a number of people here who work at the major chains.
If they are a senior member here, chances are that if they give us insider info, it's legit. (or else I'll correct it)
But their info is at their own risk, so it may have to be limited or vague at times, so that they don't get into any trouble.

jazzcomp
24th September 2013, 02:37 PM
Will target still offer refund when bigw promotion happens? That's more than a month

drifand
24th September 2013, 03:30 PM
We have a number of people here who work at the major chains.
If they are a senior member here, chances are that if they give us insider info, it's legit. (or else I'll correct it)
But their info is at their own risk, so it may have to be limited or vague at times, so that they don't get into any trouble.

Yeah I understand this and chances is they would get one without any issues, not for the normal general public. Last time YOTS Omega only like 2 piece made it to stores for each BigW, and I only see empty shelves.

So thus a risk if you were to toss between getting one at $150, $110 at sale on thursday if any left. Or wait for BigW. The Big note, is if you missed it, you going to find $200+ mark plus shipping.

Sinnertwin
24th September 2013, 04:24 PM
Will target still offer refund when bigw promotion happens? That's more than a month

You'll have 28 days to do so, JC

Other products:
We offer a refund or exchange if you change your
mind within 28 days of purchase or delivery. Items
must be in their original packaging and in new condition
suitable for resale. Manuals, packaging and accessories
must accompany electrical and electronic products.
Electronic games, computer software, DVDs and CDs
must be contained within the security seal.
• If you can present original proof of purchase,
we’ll give you a refund using your original
payment method.
• If you can’t present original proof that the goods were
purchased from Target, we won’t be able to give
you a refund or exchange.

Yeah I understand this and chances is they would get one without any issues, not for the normal general public. Last time YOTS Omega only like 2 piece made it to stores for each BigW, and I only see empty shelves.

Then if i were you, i'd buy one from Target on Thursday to avoid any potential dissapointment and be done with it.

drifand
24th September 2013, 04:29 PM
Then if i were you, i'd buy one from Target from Thursday and avoid any potential dissapointment.[/QUOTE]

Ur yup, I might even just bite it at $150 and don't think about it. Yes I know there would be chances at lower prices, but it is all in the risk. As long as I am not paying premium prices I think thats all good.

jazzcomp
24th September 2013, 04:45 PM
When will TRU have theirs? Price match Target sale (less x%) :D

MayzaPrime
24th September 2013, 05:04 PM
I do love Metroplex but the stickers are rubbish...

liegeprime
24th September 2013, 05:33 PM
I do love Metroplex but the stickers are rubbish...

hahaha wait for a Reprolabels version, tha'll be better and hopefully with additional stuff to highlight all the nooks and crannies of Metroplex that don't get highlighted due to the all white plastic. :D

But yeah the stickers indeed are kinda rubbish, the way it's arranged on the pad itself makes the process of applying the stickers tedious. Some don't even have the proper numbers or at all.

MayzaPrime
24th September 2013, 05:55 PM
hahaha wait for a Reprolabels version, tha'll be better and hopefully with additional stuff to highlight all the nooks and crannies of Metroplex that don't get highlighted due to the all white plastic. :D

But yeah the stickers indeed are kinda rubbish, the way it's arranged on the pad itself makes the process of applying the stickers tedious. Some don't even have the proper numbers or at all.

Now that is a good idea!

UltraMarginal
24th September 2013, 08:22 PM

Hey KP, thanks for the heads up!!

Hursticon
24th September 2013, 10:49 PM

Indeed, thanks KaRNiV8L for yet again giving us a heads-up & a head start. ;):cool:
(This'll actually give me a reason to go into Big W for the 1st time in months! :p)

Defcon
25th September 2013, 09:56 AM
I'll be happy to just pick one up from target at 20% off if I see one during the sale. I'd be doing this just so its done and out of the way, rather than wait anxiously for Big W to have them in stock at a cheaper price. Nice to know there is another option if Target sells out, or I miss the sale price, then I'm inclined to wait.

drifand
25th September 2013, 11:25 AM
Actually it looks like a huge stock, as long a scalpers are not going to grab everything. The box is surprisingly smaller than what I thought it was going to be. I am a bit shocked.

Krayt
25th September 2013, 11:31 AM
Actually it looks like a huge stock, as long a scalpers are not going to grab everything. The box is surprisingly smaller than what I thought it was going to be. I am a bit shocked.

That's because his arm isn't attached!!!

And as botconners found, once opened and surgery is performed, you'll never get himback in the box again!

drifand
25th September 2013, 12:12 PM
That's because his arm isn't attached!!!

And as botconners found, once opened and surgery is performed, you'll never get himback in the box again!

I know, I am just a bit surprised. I have Gundam PG kits and they are huge so when I saw this, I almost needed to check twice if I was looking at the right toy.

Jetfire in the sky
25th September 2013, 01:23 PM

So thus a risk if you were to toss between getting one at $150, $110 at sale on thursday if any left. Or wait for BigW. The Big note, is if you missed it, you going to find $200+ mark plus shipping.

I totally missed out on YOTS OS when Big W had it on sale, but luckily I figured to go onto their online store. It was a week or so after the sale but they had extended the toy sale online and he was still in stock. There was a postage price but I was just happy to get him.

drifand
25th September 2013, 03:08 PM
I totally missed out on YOTS OS when Big W had it on sale, but luckily I figured to go onto their online store. It was a week or so after the sale but they had extended the toy sale online and he was still in stock. There was a postage price but I was just happy to get him.

Same dude, I gotten mine online. All the ones local were empty shelves

Lord_Zed
25th September 2013, 06:34 PM

Even if the scalpers do, large Transformers toys tend to be hard to move as is, and with US Metroplex's being picked up for under $100 and superior Asian versions still available, its hard to see them getting much back for their time.

Megatran
25th September 2013, 06:42 PM
I'll be happy to just pick one up from target at 20% off if I see one during the sale. I'd be doing this just so its done and out of the way, rather than wait anxiously for Big W to have them in stock at a cheaper price. Nice to know there is another option if Target sells out, or I miss the sale price, then I'm inclined to wait.
Do what I did. Went into Target on Monday, asked a staff member to place a Metrolpex on hold for me to pickup on Thursday for the sale. Very helpful staff. I can't believe it cost less at Target than my purchase from BBTS (including shipping, even with Pile of Loot). By the way, I'm new to this forum & there a lot of TF fans out there.

liegeprime
25th September 2013, 07:29 PM
Well if I spot one on local retail and it is cheaper than how I got mine from BBTS then Ill prolly snatch another one up :) Which Ill keep in city mode and use the extra gun so that my first one will have two heheh - and keep him in Bot mode

drifand
25th September 2013, 09:21 PM
Do what I did. Went into Target on Monday, asked a staff member to place a Metrolpex on hold for me to pickup on Thursday for the sale. Very helpful staff. I can't believe it cost less at Target than my purchase from BBTS (including shipping, even with Pile of Loot). By the way, I'm new to this forum & there a lot of TF fans out there.

Technically, I was told this is not allowed, so do not be angry if anyone asked and were to be rejected. According to some staff they can only hold it for One day. also if the next day is a sales event is not allowed either.

But being said, if you did ask nicely and they do it for you. Say thank you of course. :)

Jetfire in the sky
26th September 2013, 12:14 PM
WOOHOO!!! Got him! Love it. Worth the wait.:D:D:D:D:D

Tabias Prime
26th September 2013, 10:37 PM
Got mine put on layby tonight and with the 20% discount......I'm happy to pay the $120 for such a large item.

Megatran
27th September 2013, 07:57 AM
Wow... Metroplex is drawing newcomers to this forum, my self included. This is great. But also a bit nervous when MP Soundwave hits the shelves in November.

Skript
27th September 2013, 08:50 AM
he's like the little man i haven't had yet.. =)

Hursticon
27th September 2013, 02:51 PM
Sweet! :D

Didn't receive a payment request from HLJ, due to the payment option I've chosen (I believe) ;), but the payment is processing & this is my order's current status:
"This order is currently being double-checked before final packing." <- This is why I enjoy dealing with Hobby Link Japan. :cool:

Metroplex & Prowl should be here next week! :eek::D

yoshi594
27th September 2013, 04:38 PM
Anyone got a solution to metroplex's old man knees?

So far I've found two.

Both from tfw2005 boards.

First one requires you to by some washers and sanding down the interior of the washers then implanting them into metros legs.

Second one IMO is not the way to go as it requires you to stretch the springs in metros legs.

Anyone know anymore fixes?

Omega Metro
27th September 2013, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know how to get Metroplexes round red light on his chest to fit back where it belongs? Mine is loose inside his chest and have tried undoing the screws on his back but nothing budges.:mad:

aduthie1980
27th September 2013, 08:47 PM
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa468/Andrew_Duthie/Transformers/Transformers%20Collection%20May%202013/null_zps53110df7.jpg

Trent
28th September 2013, 09:59 AM
So, out of curiosity, is that the most dynamic pose you can get out of him? Everyone that's posted a photo of him has him standing at attention. Surely he can strike a few poses?

M-bot
28th September 2013, 10:06 AM
So, out of curiosity, is that the most dynamic pose you can get out of him? Everyone that's posted a photo of him has him standing at attention. Surely he can strike a few poses?

The leg ratchets are a little bit loose (as has been noted elsewhere I think), but he should be able to get into at least a few poses.

1AZRAEL1
28th September 2013, 10:12 AM
Loose ratchets as well as him being a little top heavy does make it a little difficult.

drifand
28th September 2013, 12:23 PM
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/9721/oej9.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/oej9.jpg/)

Yeah is hard not impossible depends on what you guys want to see.

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2013, 01:25 PM
This is the most dynamic pose I've managed to put my Metroplex in so far (previously posted on the Action Pose Thread):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Metroplex/gen_metroplex10_zps02e66c20.jpg (http://www.seibertron.com/images/games/fall-of-cybertron/launch-screenshots/general/optimus+metroplex-in-battle_12.jpg)

KalEl
28th September 2013, 05:01 PM
like a lot of large, heavy figures, the surface makes a big difference on the posing options

HeManGlutes83
28th September 2013, 05:02 PM
I ended up finding him at target in Melbourne and putting him on lay buy with the 20 % discount along with the staff discount as well. Considering how much he would of been usually I am quite happy with the price of 113.00 or so for him, and for a Transformer that size it is a pretty sweet deal in anyone's language I'd think. Plus, hopefully by showing my support for the large guy hasbro may rethink huge toys in the line and start reissuing some of the large sets from the original line at mass retail again.

I wonder how well its sold ? Enough to warrant some more reissues of the city changers or more Titan classes in this line or maybe more Year Of The versions at Kmart and Big W.

VERT
28th September 2013, 05:38 PM
I got my Metroplex back in July. But found them today at Target erina. They had about four. Three now cause I put one on layby for my son for his 6th Birthday. Lucky spoilt little Sh!te that he is. :p

Back in my day I just had pictures of Max in a catalogs untill I got one when I was 35 or something.

theshape
28th September 2013, 06:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/TheShape84/IMAG0405_zps12a91bd1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/TheShape84/media/IMAG0405_zps12a91bd1.jpg.html)

drifand
28th September 2013, 07:14 PM
Not sure with the majority of you guys, but I scanned my decals first before applying them as I can make replacements once they peel.

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2013, 08:39 PM
Plus, hopefully by showing my support for the large guy hasbro may rethink huge toys in the line and start reissuing some of the large sets from the original line at mass retail again.
TakaraTOMY decides which G1 toys get reissued, not Hasbro. Hasbro just chooses which Takara reissues they want to bring over, but they don't reissue stuff that Takara doesn't.

If you want TakaraTOMY to reissue more large sets from G1, then the best thing to do is purchase the larger reissues, such as Encore Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Sky Lynx, Bruticus, Devastator, Fortress Maximus; etc. I've bought all of those reissues except for Omega Supreme, although I did buy GADEP (the eHobby exclusive repaint of Omega Supreme); so I did buy a version of the reissue mould at least. So I've tried my best to show TakTOM my support for their more expensive reissues. Some of their bigger reissues have unfortunately shelfwarmed in the past, such as Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme and Metroplex but Fortress Maximus has reportedly sold well, so hopefully that will encourage TakTOM to reissue more big hitters. :)

I do hope that Generations Metroplex sells well though and encourages Hasbro to release more Titan Class toys. A Metrotitan repaint wouldn't go astray for me. :D Titan Class Trypticon would be sweet (though without the repaint potential that Metroplex has). Please no Titan Class Bumblebee. :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th September 2013, 09:08 PM
LOL @gok and Titan Class Bumblebee, Don't give them ideas man!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/TheShape84/IMAG0405_zps12a91bd1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/TheShape84/media/IMAG0405_zps12a91bd1.jpg.html)
Ha ha ha ha! I would like this photo if I could ;) Cat's expression is gold!

Back in my day I just had pictures of Max in a catalogs untill I got one when I was 35 or something.
Ditto. And after all those years of waiting, I still haven't applied his stickers.
Still traumatised from putting on Omega Supreme's ones...

drifand
28th September 2013, 10:10 PM
Obviously for someone who had done Gunpla and done water decals of Unicorn Gundam Ver Ka, all of these are no where as challenging in comparison.

For me, this is a breeze.

aduthie1980
29th September 2013, 04:00 PM
Bought Meyroplex a week before the toy sale for 150, went to Target today, picked up another, went to the service desk and explained that I was going to buy another at sale price and then return it with the original receipt. A $30 refund was given to me without the hassle of buying another then returning it a few minutes later. Big thanks to Target.

theshape
29th September 2013, 04:43 PM
Bought Meyroplex a week before the toy sale for 150, went to Target today, picked up another, went to the service desk and explained that I was going to buy another at sale price and then return it with the original receipt. A $30 refund was given to me without the hassle of buying another then returning it a few minutes later. Big thanks to Target.

I did the same thing. Its good that you didnt miss out on the special

Mr_K
29th September 2013, 05:43 PM
Just finished applying the stickers. Nearly broke off the black bottom of his feet during transformation because the instructions are crap. Now one of them has huge stress marks....not happy Hasbro

drifand
29th September 2013, 06:08 PM
Just finished applying the stickers. Nearly broke off the black bottom of his feet during transformation because the instructions are crap. Now one of them has huge stress marks....not happy Hasbro

I watched the toy review on youtube and I was very well aware of this.
This is special attention when you have transformed it into city mode with the tracks down. When transforming back, always check before folding back into the legs. I nearly done this myself but I checked it before stressing it.

willocrew
29th September 2013, 06:15 PM
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/9721/oej9.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/oej9.jpg/)

Yeah is hard not impossible depends on what you guys want to see.

You need to slide those calves outwards.

willocrew
29th September 2013, 06:18 PM
Just purchased metroplex from target.

What the heck am I doing?!!? I got serious space issues at home and I go buy a 2 ft tall robot!

But despite my major reservations regarding the storage issue, this toy is really amazing. Looks so good.

There is so much potential for custom paint job.

Tabias Prime
29th September 2013, 06:36 PM
Just purchased metroplex from target.

What the heck am I doing?!!? I got serious space issues at home and I go buy a 2 ft tall robot!

But despite my major reservations regarding the storage issue, this toy is really amazing. Looks so good.

There is so much potential for custom paint job.

I have the same problem....I have 4 weeks to solve my space issue thought,
as I have mine on layby...might need to clear my other floor speaker, YOTS is already on one, Metroplex will probably be going on the other now.

drifand
29th September 2013, 06:41 PM
You need to slide those calves outwards.

Dude, I am well aware of it, sometimes I get better balancing by cheating.
I do not follow the instructions to the t.

drifand
29th September 2013, 06:44 PM
I have the same problem....I have 4 weeks to solve my space issue thought,
as I have mine on layby...might need to clear my other floor speaker, YOTS is already on one, Metroplex will probably be going on the other now.

My cabinet holds YOTS Omega and Metroplex on the same level. However I need to display him in city or vehicle mode.

theshape
29th September 2013, 09:16 PM
Man, he just squeezes into a detolf cabinet

drifand
29th September 2013, 09:22 PM
Man, he just squeezes into a detolf cabinet

for me his feet was touching the glass door in city mode, Vehicle mode for me is best to keep him in. I would have to remove 1 tier to show him in robot which will be a waste of space

Sideswipe2005
30th September 2013, 12:01 AM
Picked up Metroplex today from Target !!!! :)

http://s12.postimg.org/5x8myvfb1/20130928_201310.jpg

Hursticon
30th September 2013, 12:43 PM
It's great to see all these new faces sharing their enjoyment of acquiring this behemoth of a figure! :cool:

If you're reading this & have picked-up or are seeking to pick-up a Generations Metroplex, or any other figure for that matter really, please do consider signing up & sharing your thoughts & pics with us. ;):)

I can't wait for my own to arrive, direct from Japan! :D

Fungal Infection
30th September 2013, 01:02 PM
Sweet f'ing God, the amount of stickers on this thing, and the amount of trimming just to get them to fit where they are supposed to...... *sigh*

Omega Metro
30th September 2013, 01:15 PM
I'm not even gonna put stickers on mine. It will only get covered in dust and the stickers will peel off over time.

Kazza
30th September 2013, 01:40 PM
I'm not even gonna put stickers on mine. It will only get covered in dust and the stickers will peel off over time.

Ditto, i never apply stickers on any transformer that comes with them. Hmm i wonder if the takara version will have stickers already applied.:confused: If it is than i may consider buying another one.

drifand
30th September 2013, 01:52 PM
wonder how long the white can remain white.

VGMStudios
30th September 2013, 02:13 PM
Im sure it will last a long time. With today's plastic its a lot different than the stuff they used in the past.

Zommael
30th September 2013, 04:34 PM
Anyone else have issues with the stickers, or more specifically the sticker instructions? I couldn't work out where the "city mode" instructions were telling me to go... it looked like one or two were supposed to go on the floor between his legs.

(Apologies if this has been asked before, the thread is super-huge now, like Metroplex)

lancalot
30th September 2013, 04:50 PM
Anyone else have issues with the stickers, or more specifically the sticker instructions? I couldn't work out where the "city mode" instructions were telling me to go... it looked like one or two were supposed to go on the floor between his legs.

(Apologies if this has been asked before, the thread is super-huge now, like Metroplex)

yeah it took me a while to found out as well...its in the inside wall of the shin leg

ILikeSoundwave
30th September 2013, 05:59 PM
Amiami have the Takara Metroplex in-stock and it's only a single shipment for anyone who is interested.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3325&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dtransforme rs%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

liegeprime
30th September 2013, 08:27 PM

the instructions are crap really. but as lancalot mentioned, open up the legs and you place the stickers in the walls of the inner legs..most are shaped out so you can tell which part of the wall you can stick it in e.g. the 3 circles, the hexagon shaped display screen...

here are some shots of mine, hope it helps in a way to guide you..

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/2013%20Acquisitions/DSC03675_zps5136d4d0.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime/media/2013%20Acquisitions/DSC03675_zps5136d4d0.jpg.html)
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/2013%20Acquisitions/DSC03674_zps91143229.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime/media/2013%20Acquisitions/DSC03674_zps91143229.jpg.html)
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/2013%20Acquisitions/DSC03673_zpsad2501ab.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime/media/2013%20Acquisitions/DSC03673_zpsad2501ab.jpg.html)
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/2013%20Acquisitions/DSC03672_zpsbf951724.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime/media/2013%20Acquisitions/DSC03672_zpsbf951724.jpg.html)

Paulbot
30th September 2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks for sharing those pics. I like Metroplex without the stickers applied and these photos make me think that's the right decision for me.

Those display stickers in the leg remind me of G1 toys (particularly Optimus Prime's trailer) and it feels old fashioned for a modern Generations toy. I don't like the Cybertronian script or that odd "Cybertronian" hazard area design.

I think they only sticker that I can see there that I might add is the Autobot logo on the chest.

willocrew
30th September 2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah I have not applied my stickers as well.

Hoping repro labels produces something.

reillyd
1st October 2013, 12:32 PM

Don't forget too that two of the sticker numbers are wrong (substituted).
I've put almost all of mine on, but it was insanely difficult and ended up putting two in the wrong place and noticing it too late to remove. Grrr.... imperfections. Also, it helps to know there are TWO helipads when you're looking at the darn diagrams.

Mythirax
1st October 2013, 06:02 PM
I like Metroplex without the stickers applied and these photos make me think that's the right decision for me.
Totally agree, I've let mine off.

Sinnertwin
1st October 2013, 06:10 PM
Looking at the characters (Prime etc) in his chest & looking at the stickers in his legs, i can't help but feel like the scale's a tad off

reillyd
1st October 2013, 06:10 PM
Can anyone shed some light on what the two red posts are for near the helipad?
They just point up, and there is a hole where I can stick scampers gun, but doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

drifand
1st October 2013, 11:44 PM
Can anyone shed some light on what the two red posts are for near the helipad?
They just point up, and there is a hole where I can stick scampers gun, but doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

scampler's afl goal post

Hursticon
2nd October 2013, 09:06 PM
scampler's afl goal post

You sir win 20 points! :p:D

Hursticon
3rd October 2013, 02:17 AM
On Tuesday, my Japanese (Takara/Tomy) Generations Metroplex arrived; I've still got to apply his stickers, but man this is a friggin' cool bot! :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVkmd4lCIAABuTJ.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVkz02ECUAAIpTN.jpg:large

Megatran
3rd October 2013, 08:28 AM
Has there been any news on when Metroplex will be on shelves at Big W? And will he be at the super low price of $98? I'm waiting with bated breath....

5FDP
3rd October 2013, 10:53 AM
Has there been any news on when Metroplex will be on shelves at Big W? And will he be at the super low price of $98? I'm waiting with bated breath....

It was stated the first week of November (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=375818&postcount=513). I am also considering getting one at that price :)

drifand
3rd October 2013, 11:41 AM
And no guarantee you will get it. I know first hand for YOTS Omega. I definitely think the Target one was a good buy. It spaces myself out for the mp acid storm and mp soundwave.

Hursticon
3rd October 2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks to UltraMarginal for reminding me:

So Hursty, does the Takara version speak English?

You know I cannot believe that after all this, after SO much time wondering, I completely forgot to disclose this! :eek::p:D

Takara-Tomy's - Generations: Metroplex does indeed speak in English.

:cool:

drifand
4th October 2013, 04:57 PM
this reminded me that I should remove the AA batteries.

Trent
4th October 2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks to UltraMarginal for reminding me:

You know I cannot believe that after all this, after SO much time wondering, I completely forgot to disclose this! :eek::p:D

Takara-Tomy's - Generations: Metroplex does indeed speak in English.

:cool:

Does that mean that there are kids all over Japan that have absolutely no idea what their big new toy is saying?

DELTAprime
4th October 2013, 09:01 PM
Does that mean that there are kids all over Japan that have absolutely no idea what their big new toy is saying?

Well if that old number of 9 out of 10 Takara Tomy Transformers are sold to adults is true then I don't think there will be too many Japanese children wondering.

GoktimusPrime
6th October 2013, 12:00 AM
I'm not surprised that TakTOM Metroplex speaks English. The Fall of Cybertron game in Japan does use the same Anglophone voices (e.g. Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime etc.), but with Japanese subtitles. It also wouldn't be too hard for TakTOM to simply include a translation of the lines say on the instructions somewhere (I'd be interested to know if this is the case or if they're solely relying on people's exposure to the game).

Also... don't underestimate the power of fanboys. Some Japanese fans' knowledge of English comes almost exclusively from video games. When I was a uni student in Japan, I knew some guys whose English virtually entirely came from Diablo... when I told them I was from Australia, they'd say, "Oh, I know some English... "Fresh meeaaat!"" ... uh... 'kay. :p It's not too dissimilar from Western fans of Japanese games and anime whose Japanese vocabulary almost completely comes from games and anime. :rolleyes:

These are gateway words into more hardcore language-learning. :p

liegeprime
6th October 2013, 08:42 AM
Wahahahah Fresh meat!! hahaahhhaahahh!:p:p

Trent
6th October 2013, 11:55 AM
I'm not surprised that TakTOM Metroplex speaks English. The Fall of Cybertron game in Japan does use the same Anglophone voices (e.g. Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime etc.), but with Japanese subtitles. It also wouldn't be too hard for TakTOM to simply include a translation of the lines say on the instructions somewhere (I'd be interested to know if this is the case or if they're solely relying on people's exposure to the game).

Also... don't underestimate the power of fanboys. Some Japanese fans' knowledge of English comes almost exclusively from video games. When I was a uni student in Japan, I knew some guys whose English virtually entirely came from Diablo... when I told them I was from Australia, they'd say, "Oh, I know some English... "Fresh meeaaat!"" ... uh... 'kay. :p It's not too dissimilar from Western fans of Japanese games and anime whose Japanese vocabulary almost completely comes from games and anime. :rolleyes:

These are gateway words into more hardcore language-learning. :p

I meant kids that aren't hardcore fans. Everyday kids that see a giant robot toy and want it. Maybe they have other TFs, maybe this will be their first.

I don't know what percentage of children in Japan speak English, but it seems strange that you would release a toy that into a market not in that market's native and primary language. :confused:

drifand
6th October 2013, 12:11 PM
I am surprised we are all of a sudden so overly concerned about a robot's sounds etc.......perhaps discuss it in the Japanese fan based thread to see if they were at all pissed off with it?

I think we have under estimated their knowledge honestly and over reacting. A lot of Japanese anime does includes occasional English words in their dialogue.

Because I am not just a Transformers fan, I know Gundam has its labels and decals all in English entirely and nobody has ever had this form of debate, plus their gunpla is made entirely in Japan.

Hursticon
6th October 2013, 02:59 PM
I am surprised we are all of a sudden so overly concerned about a robot's sounds etc...

I don't believe that anyone is overly concerned dude: "What language will the TakTom Metroplex employ?" has simply been a question that many have pondered since the announcement of the figure, way back when. ;):)

At the end of the day, as I think I expressed elsewhere on the boards, I didn't care if he spoke English, Japanese or Cybertronian! - His batteries weren't going to remain within him (Batteries aren't included ;)) anyway. :cool:
(Although, I'd of been pretty happy if he did speak Japanese - G1 Scorponok's Japanese v/o actor sounded awesome! :D)

drifand
6th October 2013, 03:08 PM
Well...question was answered. So lets move on already, I don't think there is a need to question Japanese intelligence of understanding "metroplex" language.

Trent
6th October 2013, 04:02 PM
Well...question was answered. So lets move on already, I don't think there is a need to question Japanese intelligence of understanding "metroplex" language.

It's related to the topic and a question I have that I believe Gok has the knowledge to answer. Im hardly concerned. Like Hursty, i don't care if he speaks Trolloc. I'm just curious.

drifand
6th October 2013, 04:10 PM
It's related to the topic and a question I have that I believe Gok has the knowledge to answer. Im hardly concerned. Like Hursty, i don't care if he speaks Trolloc. I'm just curious.

I have answered it, they aren't dumb as what you think. Very often enough there are English phrases in their cartoons more than you think is just pure Japanese language.

I have just watched Gurren Laggan, and there are words like "Giga Drill!" "definite kill".

Gundam : "Commencing sequence initiation." "critical damage" "hyper drive"

Hence, this is trivial.

This is almost like you think they won't know what is "Transform!" "To all are one" "destroy decepticons"

Hursticon
6th October 2013, 04:14 PM
I have answered it, they aren't dumb as what you think. Very often enough there are English phrases in their cartoons more than you think is just pure Japanese language.

No one is questioning the intelligence or capacity of the Japanese to understand English words/phrases, your inference to the contrary is rather off-putting.

drifand
6th October 2013, 04:18 PM
No one is questioning the intelligence or capacity of the Japanese to understand English words/phrases, your inference to the contrary is rather off-putting.

Is where the topic is starting to stray off that is off putting. Like you said you didn't care whether it was in some unknown language. The answer to the question was English and that was all to it.

The other bits and pieces about "kids not understanding" etc.... is not of our concern seriously. Trent wanted to know if Japanese kids have an issue with Metroplex speaking some basic English words.

My answer is no. It wasn't like Metroplex was talking like Tony Abbot or Mr Rudd.

GoktimusPrime
6th October 2013, 04:30 PM
Having lived in Japan and tutored English there, I can tell you - most Japanese kids (and adults) don't speak a lick of English. ;) It's nothing to do with being dumb, it's more to do w/ their education system which I won't elaborate on here.

But lemme put it this way, a lot of Western kids know Japanese catchphrases without knowing their meaning like "Kamehameha," "Hadouken", "Shouryuuken," "Hokage," "Arashikage" etc. Heck... how many English speaking kids know what Latin based names like "Optimus Prime" or "Ultra Magnus" means? When I teach Latin to Year 7 students, it's always been the first time that they've discovered the meaning of these words.

e.g.
Marcellus optimus est ("Marcellus is great").
Balaena magnus^a est ("The whale is big").

Or when I teach them the verb "salit" (to jump), and explain to them that that's where the word "sault" comes from in "somersault" (to leap over). This is also why the Jumpstarters are called "Saltman" (Jumping Man) in Latin American countries. I sometimes like to amuse kids (and see who's really paying attention) by putting in ridiculous statements in questions. Like in a test a question will ask students to translate "Mater est in horto. Mater in horto salit." ("The mother is in the garden. The mother is in the garden jumping.") The clever kids have a good muffled chuckle. ;) Often when I return the test papers I get asked, "Why is the mother jumping in the garden?" to which I reply, "Because she's waiting for the trampouline to be invented." ;)

drifand
6th October 2013, 04:50 PM
Maybe you will help more if you post this question to some of your Japanese friends whether they are disappointed with Mr Metroplex speaking in English.
This would probably rest the debate.

Trent
6th October 2013, 04:55 PM

I have just watched Gurren Laggan, and there are words like "Giga Drill!" "definite kill".

Gundam : "Commencing sequence initiation." "critical damage" "hyper drive"

Hence, this is trivial.

This is almost like you think they won't know what is "Transform!" "To all are one" "destroy decepticons"

I never inferred that they were dumb. And i dont like that you implied otherwise. I was simply curious and asked Gok a question. I apologize for not being the cultural knowledge powerhouse that you appear to be. I will derail this thread no longer.

Gok, thanks for the explanation. It was appreciated :)

Hursticon
6th October 2013, 04:58 PM

I don't think there's as much debate as you may think there is. ;)

drifand
6th October 2013, 05:02 PM
I don't think there's as much debate as you may think there is. ;)

Then there isn't a need to question then. Lets move on.

Sinnertwin
6th October 2013, 07:07 PM
Interesting then, that in a country that features numerous robots etc that Takara would promote an item with an English chip. Having read Gok's comments in regards to the English language, one would think that replacing the English chip with a Japanese one would make it that extra bit easier for Takara to promote it & perhaps persuade those with only a passing interest to invest in one.

Hursticon
6th October 2013, 07:10 PM
Interesting then, that in a country that features numerous robots etc that Takara would promote an item with an English chip. Having read Gok's comments in regards to the English language, one would think that replacing the English chip with a Japanese one would make it that extra bit easier for Takara to promote it & perhaps persuade those with only a passing interest to invest in one.

One would've thought that simply being a Giant robot toy would be enough, that fact alone practically sold me on it. :D
(I also understand that spacial requirements in Japan can often deter parents from larger toy purchases, sadly :()

drifand
6th October 2013, 07:22 PM
One would've thought that simply being a Giant robot toy would be enough, that fact alone practically sold me on it. :D
(I also understand that spacial requirements in Japan can often deter parents from larger toy purchases, sadly :()

ditto.

And on the note of the size, you are spot on. Many in Japan do not have the space for these robots. So it is really a selective few that will buy it, and not because it isn't affordable.

Megatran
6th October 2013, 07:37 PM
First time lucky......

I will derail this thread no longer.
Second time lucky......

Lets move on.
Third time lucky......

For those who haven't visited this thread in the last 24 hours, you've missed absolutely nothing. That's not true, you've actually benefited for not doing so.

Now back to the topic. Metroplex is slightly taller than Fort Max, but Fort Max has more bulk than Metroplex. Which of the two weighs more? I.e. What are their weights? Fort Max is on his way courtesy of BBTS sale, but I don't have weight scales to compare. Can someone help out?:)

drifand
6th October 2013, 07:39 PM
Now back to the topic. Metroplex is slightly taller than Fort Max, but Fort Max has more bulk than Metroplex. Which of the two weighs more? I.e. What are their weights? Fort Max is on his way courtesy of BBTS sale, but I don't have weight scales to compare. Can someone help out?

I believed it was mentioned that Fortress Max weighs more.

Hursticon
6th October 2013, 07:52 PM
Metroplex is slightly taller than Fort Max, but Fort Max has more bulk than Metroplex. Which of the two weighs more? I.e. What are their weights? Fort Max is on his way courtesy of BBTS sale, but I don't have weight scales to compare. Can someone help out?:)

FortMax definitely weighs more - I believe Goki did a quick weighing and FortMax came in at 5kgs, whereas Metroplex came in at 2.5kgs. ;):)

This is definitely the case as I bought both figures from Japan and Metroplex's shipping was far & away less than FortMax's. :cool:

Sinnertwin
6th October 2013, 08:21 PM
First time lucky......

Second time lucky......

Third time lucky......

For those who haven't visited this thread in the last 24 hours, you've missed absolutely nothing. That's not true, you've actually benefited for not doing so.

Was that really necessary?

GoktimusPrime
6th October 2013, 11:28 PM
The Japanese version of Fall of Cybertron is in English but w/ Japanese subtitles, so that's what people playing the game would be hearing it as, including kids. And I have encountered some Japanese kids on FoC multiplayer servers; there's a uni student from Tokyo whom I've since friended on the game and on FB; and I've even encountered Japanese schoolgirls on the game (it was funny hearing them freak out with each other in Japanese about how badly they were getting owned by other players :p).

Also, the English language is quite exotic to Japanese people (and a lot of people across Asia). It's like Latin to most English speakers; people don't necessarily are about what the words mean, they just love the look and sound of it. e.g.:
+ Many of the spells in Harry Potter are in Latin; a lot of kids (and adult Harry Potter fans) can recite them, but I wonder how many know their meaning. But somehow shouting "REMOVE WEAPON!" doesn't sound nearly as cool as "EXPELLIARMUS!"
+ I'm a graduate of UNSW and sometimes when I meet fellow UNSW alumni I say, "Scientia manu et mente" ("Knowledge of hands and mind"), and I almost always get a blank "huh?" stare. :p
+ The word "Matrix" is Latin for "womb" (evidently the meaning has changed since its incorporation into English). ;)
+ A common phrase that's used in reference to teaching is Qui docet discit (it's also the motto of the NSW Teacher's Federation); I wonder how many teachers here know what that means. ;)
Answer: "He who teaches learns."

nexusnixx
7th October 2013, 03:56 PM
Just gotten my order thru for the ACGHK version of metroplex. Hope shipping does not kill me

MayzaPrime
7th October 2013, 04:35 PM
Just gotten my order thru for the ACGHK version of metroplex. Hope shipping does not kill me

I got it when it was first released, you will be looking at $100+ for shipping,

Omega Metro
7th October 2013, 07:55 PM
Target have Metroplex for $119 again starting Thursday. It's in the latest catalogue and it's called 'Generations Titan'.:D

aduthie1980
7th October 2013, 08:37 PM
Target have Metroplex for $119 again starting Thursday. It's in the latest catalogue and it's called 'Generations Titan'.:D

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa468/Andrew_Duthie/Transformers/Transformers%20Collection%20May%202013/79637d3aab6b4ee3d1501a8a7e04ead9_zps9267d516.jpg

drifand
7th October 2013, 09:02 PM
look at the kid just eye balling it. lol

liegeprime
7th October 2013, 11:37 PM
hehe, guess they realized that big toy aint moving if they price it above 120...even at 119 it aint moving much...

drifand
7th October 2013, 11:45 PM
yeah....but there wasn't any advertisement before the launch nor people really knew there was a sale.

For the Target at Morley in WA where it was reported 10 pieces, I got hold of number 7 remaining 3 on the first day of sale. So if you ask me, I think they can move even faster once its advertised.

Its definitely a Christmas present for most.

liegeprime
7th October 2013, 11:50 PM
yeah....but there wasn't any advertisement before the launch nor people really knew there was a sale.

For the Target at Morley in WA where it was reported 10 pieces, I got hold of number 7 remaining 3 on the first day of sale. So if you ask me, I think they can move even faster once its advertised.

Its definitely a Christmas present for most.

hmmm I guess it is a lack of advertising that's hurting the sale . It is quite an impressive gift beign huge and all, a child would go nuts seeing this as his Xmas present under the tree. BIIIG BOx heheheh :D:p

griffin
8th October 2013, 01:17 AM
From what I was seeing in the sightings section, it sounded like the toy was moving quite well, especially considering its price. (even $119 is a lot to fork out all at once)

And we've seen a surge of new fans here thanks to it, too.

GoktimusPrime
8th October 2013, 12:04 PM
Big expensive toys tend to move slower. Wait till after Xmas ny season.

Ryathalas
8th October 2013, 01:24 PM
ouch I just paid $261 for my Takara Tomy Metroplex from HLJ and in a week or so since being released the exchange rate fell ouch!!!

drifand
8th October 2013, 02:34 PM
Big expensive toys tend to move slower. Wait till after Xmas ny season.

I am wondering how many of these were made. They can't be making too much due to the expensive shipping to all over either.

BigTransformerTrev
8th October 2013, 10:41 PM
I rewired the sound recordings on my Metroplex so that it is bilingual. It now utters Japanese sayings with an American accent, and vice versa, both types really loudly, slowly and with an uncertain tremble in the voice as we all know that's how you get foreigners to understand you.

Sorry, I hadn't looked at this thread in a while and thought I would solve your (now behind you) running argument by offering what I would have thought to be an overly obvious solution :D Tsk Tsk, what you kids get up to when I'm offline for a few days :p

Trent
9th October 2013, 07:43 AM
I rewired the sound recordings on my Metroplex so that it is bilingual. It now utters Japanese sayings with an American accent, and vice versa, both types really loudly, slowly and with an uncertain tremble in the voice as we all know that's how you get foreigners to understand you.

Sorry, I hadn't looked at this thread in a while and thought I would solve your (now behind you) running argument by offering what I would have thought to be an overly obvious solution :D Tsk Tsk, what you kids get up to when I'm offline for a few days :p

And how exactly did you manage that? I assume you either opened the voice chip and re-aligned the core or modified the flux capacitor? ;)

5FDP
9th October 2013, 08:27 AM
I've replaced my Metroplex voice chip with a 'Tickle Me Elmo' one.

BigTransformerTrev
9th October 2013, 08:41 AM
And how exactly did you manage that? I assume you either opened the voice chip and re-aligned the core or modified the flux capacitor? ;)

Don't talk bollocks Trent. You know perfectly well I rechanneled its chi energy through the dilithium crystal matrix and changed the air freshner from lemon to pine scented ;)

I've replaced my Metroplex voice chip with a 'Tickle Me Elmo' one.

Lol! :D I just got a mental/auditory image of picking up Metro and him giggling like that - brilliant!

What about an 'Anatomically Correct Talking Krusty Doll' voicebox? Not sure I want Metro to tell me to 'Go on, take a peak!' :eek:

Trent
9th October 2013, 09:37 AM
Lol! :D I just got a mental/auditory image of picking up Metro and him giggling like that - brilliant!

It paints an interesting mental picture:

"Metroplex… hehe… heeds the call… hehe, hehehe, of… the last HAHAHAHAHAHA prime… HAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

Or the other good one would be a Malibu Stacey chip:

"Thinking too much gives you wrinkles." or "Let's go watch the boys."

BigTransformerTrev
9th October 2013, 10:34 AM
Or the other good one would be a Malibu Stacey chip:

"Thinking too much gives you wrinkles." or "Let's go watch the boys."

Lol :D +1

deceptibot
11th October 2013, 02:28 PM
Noticed a couple of Metroplexes (Metroplie??) in TRU Belconnen today, no price, and no time to ask.

I'm guessing it has the normal TRU markup whatever it is.

Any other sightings of Metroplex outside of Target yet?

drifand
11th October 2013, 02:33 PM
Noticed a couple of Metroplexes (Metroplie??) in TRU Belconnen today, no price, and no time to ask.

I would think nobody really bother about this boy in TRU and with the remaining waiting on BigW sale.

Sinnertwin
11th October 2013, 02:42 PM

$199.99 SKN 472352
Don't forget to take your Target catalogue ;)

Zommael
11th October 2013, 03:43 PM
So I've been thinking about the inevitable redeco for this guy. I know everyone thinks Metrotitan, but there are a couple of things going against that; he's a Decepticon, and bad guys don't sell as well, and he's from an obscure Japanese series, so not well-known in the west. For those reasons, I wonder if Fortress Maximus isn't more likely... RID Fortress (Brave) Maximus. The original Fort Max deco is too close to Metro's deco so there'd not be a lot of point, but the RID deco is significantly different, and is bolstered by having appeared in a mainstream cartoon. The head could be removed and replaced with a headmaster Cerebro/Emissary, or - which I think is more likely because Hasbro is cheap - they could just redeco Scamper.

Of course knowing Hasbro they might just give it a random black, purple, and neon green colour scheme and call it Darkmount or something, but since a redeco is inevitable, I think it would be nice to at last get an official RID Fort Max. What do you guys think?

MayzaPrime
11th October 2013, 05:06 PM
So I've been thinking about the inevitable redeco for this guy. I know everyone thinks Metrotitan, but there are a couple of things going against that; he's a Decepticon, and bad guys don't sell as well, and he's from an obscure Japanese series, so not well-known in the west. For those reasons, I wonder if Fortress Maximus isn't more likely... RID Fortress (Brave) Maximus. The original Fort Max deco is too close to Metro's deco so there'd not be a lot of point, but the RID deco is significantly different, and is bolstered by having appeared in a mainstream cartoon. The head could be removed and replaced with a headmaster Cerebro/Emissary, or - which I think is more likely because Hasbro is cheap - they could just redeco Scamper.

Of course knowing Hasbro they might just give it a random black, purple, and neon green colour scheme and call it Darkmount or something, but since a redeco is inevitable, I think it would be nice to at last get an official RID Fort Max. What do you guys think?

I have to disagree that Fort Max and Metroplex have a similar deco.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/Mayzaprime/20130620_192907_zps4e1d1e71.jpg

I will be buying any redeco/retools that will be released, so I hope that they do something atleast.

kup
11th October 2013, 05:09 PM
I agree that is possible Hasbro would retool the Metroplex mold into Fort Max (probably just a helmet swap and new colors). However I too disagree that Max shares a similar color scheme.

Zommael
11th October 2013, 05:30 PM
I have to disagree that Fort Max and Metroplex have a similar deco.

I will be buying any redeco/retools that will be released, so I hope that they do something atleast.

(snipped the image)

They are basically both white/grey except Fort Max has blue arms. I think an RID deco would be more significantly different from the current deco and allow Hasbro to show off a bit more of the detail with darker tones. But now I'm getting into the purple and green Darkmount redeco I suggested, lol.

MayzaPrime
11th October 2013, 05:57 PM
(snipped the image)

They are basically both white/grey except Fort Max has blue arms. I think an RID deco would be more significantly different from the current deco and allow Hasbro to show off a bit more of the detail with darker tones. But now I'm getting into the purple and green Darkmount redeco I suggested, lol.

Darkmount redeco would be awesome, but Im looking at my Fort Max and Metroplex (as seen in the picture). Fort Max is more blue than white only is legs (quad, thins) are white which could easily be replaced by grey on a generations retool.

While there is some grey on the original G1 Metroplex figure, but Generations is mostly white.

A retool would have to have the headmaster components.

Zommael
11th October 2013, 06:35 PM
Darkmount redeco would be awesome, but Im looking at my Fort Max and Metroplex (as seen in the picture). Fort Max is more blue than white only is legs (quad, thins) are white which could easily be replaced by grey on a generations retool.

While there is some grey on the original G1 Metroplex figure, but Generations is mostly white.

A retool would have to have the headmaster components.

Well, I don't actually own any version of Fort Max so I'll take you at your word. Looking at pictures I thought the new Metro and the old Fort Max were too similar, but it's obvious the G1 versions of both are significantly different and Generations Metro is pretty close to his G1 deco. So I guess you're right there.

I really think Hasbro could cheap out on the headmaster components if they felt pushed to it just by redecoing Scamper. It would be cheap and would annoy some fans but it would also to some extent make sense. Why make a totally new mold for the sake of a 30 year old gimmick when you already have a (presumably gang-molded) smaller partner to go with the toy?

jazzcomp
12th October 2013, 11:14 PM
$199.99 SKN 472352
Don't forget to take your Target catalogue ;)
Does TRU still price beat? I don't see it advertised anymore. I think they only price match now.

Sinnertwin
12th October 2013, 11:37 PM
Does TRU still price beat? I don't see it advertised anymore. I think they only price match now.

You're right. Only price matching is advertised on their website. Which makes no sense if they're in the same shopping center and the competitor has the item in stock.

Price Match Policy
Price match is available in store only. Competitor’s product must be in stock at a retail outlet within the same city or town. must be identical (e.g. same brand, model and colour). Competitor’s advertised price must be current. Price Match not available when the competitor’s lower price is due to category or storewide discounts, conditional sales, package deals, trade-ins, damaged stock, demonstration or discontinued lines and loyalty or third party offers. We will not match online retailers, fire or liquidation sales, clearance and warehouse outlets.

Still worth a try though, especially for the stand alone TRU stores like Penrith, Castle Hill & Bankstown

drifand
13th October 2013, 12:32 AM
is stupid, is actually tempting me to tell them "Oh you do price match" I go there thanks? Challenge them to call the target store? Give them 5 to piss them to just give it to you.

Make sure you give them the confident "I can name you 5 target stores" and show them the catalogue.

Sinnertwin
13th October 2013, 12:43 AM
And that you're able to purchase it online & pick it up at your nominated store at the sale price, so having it in stock at Target is irrelevant.

drifand
13th October 2013, 01:53 AM
Plus you get flybuy points in Target. lol

jazzcomp
13th October 2013, 06:19 AM
You're right. Only price matching is advertised on their website. Which makes no sense if they're in the same shopping center and the competitor has the item in stock.

Still worth a try though, especially for the stand alone TRU stores like Penrith, Castle Hill & Bankstown
The only advantage would be that TRU allows returns/refunds for more than a month and $5 off your next purchase if you provide online survey/feedback within 3 days. It could help with the waiting for the BigW price & $5 less for MP SW and/or Acid Storm.

drifand
13th October 2013, 12:13 PM
Sounds like a mission just to get $5 or $10 less. I say do what is convenient to you and comfortable with.

After reading some reviews on Acid Storm, I am really reconsidering whether I need or want it.

Ryathalas
14th October 2013, 02:49 PM
Received Takara/Tomy Metroplex today very nice.Metro's speech is in English my only thing was that theres no sticker of the autobots in metro's cockpit like its US counterpart

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/yleehs/IMGP3675.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/yleehs/media/IMGP3675.jpg.html)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/yleehs/IMGP3677.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/yleehs/media/IMGP3677.jpg.html)
:)

Zommael
14th October 2013, 03:26 PM
Received Takara/Tomy Metroplex today very nice.Metro's speech is in English my only thing was that theres no sticker of the autobots in metro's cockpit like its US counterpart

Is the sticker that's on there already just plain red then? Couldn't tell from the images, but it looks like some of the ones us Western buyers had to stick on ourselves are already applied. Unless you applied them to the packed figure. Anyway, if that's the case it's pretty disappointing.

Ryathalas
14th October 2013, 04:20 PM
Is the sticker that's on there already just plain red then? Couldn't tell from the images, but it looks like some of the ones us Western buyers had to stick on ourselves are already applied. Unless you applied them to the packed figure. Anyway, if that's the case it's pretty disappointing.
No its painted red it not a sticker I have not applied any sticker heres a photo of the sticker sheet :)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/yleehs/IMGP3678.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/yleehs/media/IMGP3678.jpg.html)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/yleehs/IMGP3683.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/yleehs/media/IMGP3683.jpg.html)

drifand
14th October 2013, 04:44 PM
I think repolabels are looking the best but I would do it only when my originals peel.

By the way, I take some of my words back. some of these decals were not cut to size properly making it a bit of a pain.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
26th October 2013, 07:46 AM

;)

Jetfire in the sky
26th October 2013, 07:59 AM
So who's getting a second, third or more Metroplex now that the Big W price has been confimed?

I am :)

The_Damned
26th October 2013, 09:32 AM
yup i will be getting a second one to take out of the box

liegeprime
26th October 2013, 10:06 AM
So who's getting a second, third or more Metroplex now that the Big W price has been confimed?

Me, glad I waited , but hopefully there is enough in stock in the local branches I have access to.

Sinnertwin
26th October 2013, 10:09 AM

I've called it a day on Metro. Finding an undamaged box fresh from the case was challenging enough for me :p
But at that price, there's no denying the appeal of a 2nd or 3rd :D

aduthie1980
26th October 2013, 01:36 PM
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa468/Andrew_Duthie/Transformers/Transformers%20Collection%20August%202013/22601249c25c32f91a5534d40f7d67ff_zps2b09bcb0.jpg

Antfan
28th October 2013, 08:30 AM
Saw that Metroplex will be on salefor $98 on 31st October at Big W on-line only.

http://www.bigw.com.au/christmas/gift-ideas/top-boys-toys

Omega Metro
28th October 2013, 09:27 AM
Click and Collect not available in WA? Now that's a monumental stuff up BigW! Not happy.:mad:

jazzcomp
28th October 2013, 09:59 AM
Stores on Oct 31. You should be able to get it online now.

Ship it Omega?

bassbot
28th October 2013, 10:16 AM
You guys rock. I was in target rouse hill yesterday and they had it for $150, so I've now done the online layby for Met with Big W! Only $9 postage so I'm happy with that. ;)

Jetfire in the sky
28th October 2013, 09:20 PM
Guys if you are planning on keeping a straight nice Metro box from Big W postage I thought I would let you know they aren't the best with their packaging style.
I ordered the YOTS Omega and due to the packaging it came with a massive dent in the corner.

Mythirax
28th October 2013, 11:18 PM
Saw that Metroplex will be on salefor $98 on 31st October at Big W on-line only.

http://www.bigw.com.au/christmas/gift-ideas/top-boys-toys
I purchased one online, estimated to arrive during the week. -- Just had to add $9 postage.

Guys if you are planning on keeping a straight nice Metro box from Big W postage I thought I would let you know they aren't the best with their packaging style.
I ordered the YOTS Omega and due to the packaging it came with a massive dent in the corner.

Eeep! I ordered an Omega from them not to long ago, meant to arrive any time within the next month. And my second metroplex is with them too. Guess we'll see how well they do.

drifand
30th October 2013, 10:49 AM
My YOTS Omega came alright, you shouldn't worry too much about the box but rather its contents. Unless you are not planning to open it.

drifand
30th October 2013, 10:55 AM
Click and Collect not available in WA? Now that's a monumental stuff up BigW! Not happy.:mad:

^ Yup I checked that when I have the YOTS Omega, thus this is why I was not keen on this sale, is like a 50/50 chance you may not get it, the Target sale was a safe bet.

ILikeSoundwave
30th October 2013, 08:27 PM
The little slot on the big M's gun that you use to plug it in into the back just snapped off and he has some stress marks on his feet, now is it possible that I can get a refund from Target without the receipt because I put him lay- by and they asked me for my name to put into the computer, so I wonder if they still have my name and my history lay-by's in their systems there as the proof of purchase, so I can get a refund or exchange him.

Mythirax
30th October 2013, 08:46 PM
The little slot on the big M's gun that you use to plug it in into the back just snapped off and he has some stress marks on his feet, now is it possible that I can get a refund from Target without the receipt because I put him lay- by and they asked me for my name to put into the computer, so I wonder if they still have my name and my history lay-by's in their systems there as the proof of purchase, so I can get a refund or exchange him.

I would imagine you should be able to. Would be surprised if you couldn't, in reality you have a defective toy if it's covered in stress marks and now a part snapped. You can only try. Maybe call them first and see if they would accept it back?

Sinnertwin
30th October 2013, 09:27 PM

Unless something has changed, they keep all transactions on record for 12 months.
You can request a duplicate receipt or verify your details through their layby records. Did the slot snap off as a result of you playing with it?
If they establish that it is a manufacturing fault, you'll be able to return it as defective merchandise.

loophole
3rd November 2013, 02:49 PM
Been playing with mine today and his soundbyte seems to be cut off at the end of his sentence, does anyone else have this problem and how many soundbytes does he have?

aduthie1980
3rd November 2013, 04:05 PM
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa468/Andrew_Duthie/Transformers/Transformers%20Collection%20August%202013/null_zps7b4cce4e.jpg

Hursticon
3rd November 2013, 05:05 PM
Been playing with mine today and his soundbyte seems to be cut off at the end of his sentence, does anyone else have this problem and how many soundbytes does he have?

My Takara version does the same, to the point where it cuts off just after its been pressed - What I've been able to put it down to, is that it seems to be a dodgy contact between either the button & the soundboard or the soundboard & speaker. :rolleyes::o

I've not managed to fix it either but then I haven't really bothered as it's a REALLY finicky & temperamental issue because sometimes it'll work absolutely fine & other times it reverts back to cutting off. :(

I've just resorted to taking the batteries out & forgetting about it honestly, it's a pain after spending so much but not enough for me to really care either. :/

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah, mine additionally did that, but I fiddled around w/ the batteries then it was all good. :) Make sure the batteries are fresh too. I initially tried it w/ batteries I hocked out of a remote control and it would cut off.

Hursticon
3rd November 2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah, mine additionally did that, but I fiddled around w/ the batteries then it was all good. :) Make sure the batteries are fresh too. I initially tried it w/ batteries I hocked out of a remote control and it would cut off.

That's exactly what I factored too, tried 2 different sets (Admittedly neither brand new but 1 set were freshly charged rechargeables :o) to only marginally better results - I don't really care though as the "Lights & Sounds" gimmick is entirely a non-factor to me. ;):)

drifand
4th November 2013, 12:26 AM
I had the same issue, just close the battery bay properly.

UltraMarginal
4th November 2013, 08:57 AM

I have not had that problem yet? but it's only been a few days.

This could be a good point the screw has a fine thread so it takes a lot of turns to properly seat the cover.

Hursticon
5th November 2013, 12:08 AM

This could be a good point the screw has a fine thread so it takes a lot of turns to properly seat the cover.

I don't mean to sound snarky but I'm not entirely daft, a little bit but not entirely. :p
In my own case at least, it's most definitely not a case of the battery cover not being seated correctly. ;):cool:

UltraMarginal
5th November 2013, 12:49 AM
I don't mean to sound snarky but I'm not entirely daft, a little bit but not entirely. :p
In my own case at least, it's most definitely not a case of the battery cover not being seated correctly. ;):cool:

No offense intended Hursti, the first time I screwed mine back on it seemed in but then moved further and by the time I was finished the cover had moved nearly another mm from where it stopped the first time.

drifand
5th November 2013, 01:47 AM
Yup no offence taken, but on the note, mine wasn't just entirely on the battery cover. I actually shake metroplex and angled him downwards and lock in my battery cover before I got it to work properly.

From time to time it breaks of, then I just angle him with face facing upward or down and then try again and it works.

Just trying to help here. wasn't pointing out it was obvious, it wasn't actually, I nearly took back to Target to exchange but when this worked, I dropped the idea.

Hursticon
5th November 2013, 06:03 PM
...the first time I screwed mine back on it seemed in but then moved further and by the time I was finished the cover had moved nearly another mm from where it stopped the first time.

This is exactly what I went through too; I noticed that the plate wasn't seated correctly so I "Popped" it into place & then screwed it in and it indeed closed up a further couple of mils. :)

Ryathalas
6th November 2013, 02:48 AM
So only 2-3weeks after applying the labels to Takara/Tomy Metroplex there all starting to peel up and not sticking again well i'm glad I shelled out all that money only for this to happen 2-3weeks after applying them very annoyed :mad::mad::mad:

5FDP
6th November 2013, 08:19 AM
So only 2-3weeks after applying the labels to Takara/Tomy Metroplex there all starting to peel up and not sticking again well i'm glad I shelled out all that money only for this to happen 2-3weeks after applying them very annoyed :mad::mad::mad:

I'm assuming they're foil stickers? Even original G1 had that problem. Knowing how much effort it takes to apply them to a figure this size, I would be annoyed too. You'd think they'd have the problem sorted after 30 odd years :rolleyes:

griffin
6th November 2013, 10:19 AM
Superglue the stickers down... that's what I do.
Just be sure to test the glue on a hidden part of the plastic first, to make sure it isn't one that melts plastic.

Hursticon
6th November 2013, 12:34 PM

Sorry to hear man, but mine are 100% perfectly fine. :/

Ryathalas
6th November 2013, 12:43 PM
My wifes Japanese we go to Japan at least once a year I'm organzing her to ring Takara/Tomy customer service(if they have one) to see if they will replace the sticker sheet so I can try again.I'm going to hopefully have it sent to her parents house

VGMStudios
6th November 2013, 03:12 PM
How did you marry a Japanese woman. So jealous.
Where did u meet her?
Sorry ot.

Omega Metro
24th November 2013, 07:40 PM
Myer has Metroplex $139 in the catalogue starting Thursday 28 Nov. 'Hot Price' apparently:confused:

Hursticon
24th November 2013, 07:44 PM
Myer has Metroplex $139 in the catalogue starting Thursday 28 Nov. 'Hot Price' apparently:confused:

For Myer that IS good pricing :p, I'd expect Metroplex to normally go for $300 with that lot. :rolleyes:

gekisou
25th November 2013, 10:40 AM
Saw Metroplex in Costco for 110... is that a good price?

Paulbot
25th November 2013, 11:24 AM
Saw Metroplex in Costco for 110... is that a good price?

Yes, the cheapest "on sale" price was around $100 and it's regular price $150 to $200 in some stores.

jazzcomp
25th November 2013, 11:47 AM
^^what paulbot said :)

Freya
25th November 2013, 12:26 PM
http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/9ea0d843gw1eaw3p7h7ycj20mc0qogo9.jpg

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/9ea0d843gw1eaw3p68cr5j20k00qowgl.jpg

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/9ea0d843gw1eaw3p8xfftj20qo0qo77a.jpg

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/9ea0d843gw1eaw3pa42a1j20l20qoq4t.jpg

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/9ea0d843gw1eaw3pbnlvfj20qo0lijt5.jpg

griffin
25th November 2013, 03:47 PM
I can't tell if these images are being hot-linked. In case they are, please make sure images from other sites are free-image sites, or are hosted on your own private server... or just post up a link if you can't do either (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14101).