PDA

View Full Version : The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Bumblebee2000
16th August 2019, 08:05 AM
Even the RRP would help so I know what price to come down from, because my bigger concern is space;

I've got a Supreme ROTF Devastator. Awkward that I'm selling it with the announcement of the Studio Series figure (even if that isn't the reason). That probably killed the niche demand for an opened one. But I'm asking because it's awkward. Have the instructions, but probably not mint instructions. Again, I don't even remember the RRP or eventual clearance price of this or how to find that out.

Ravagecat
16th August 2019, 08:32 AM
Even the RRP would help so I know what price to come down from, because my bigger concern is space;

I've got a Supreme ROTF Devastator. Awkward that I'm selling it with the announcement of the Studio Series figure (even if that isn't the reason). That probably killed the niche demand for an opened one. But I'm asking because it's awkward. Have the instructions, but probably not mint instructions. Again, I don't even remember the RRP or eventual clearance price of this or how to find that out.

From memory he was around 125-150 at Target here

Bumblebee2000
16th August 2019, 05:46 PM
From memory he was around 125-150 at Target here

Might start at $70 and just hope that's not too offensive then, but haven't looked it over yet. Anyway thanks, that sounds right.

UltraMarginal
16th August 2019, 05:51 PM
I know for a fact they have been selling for several hundred on eBay in the last couple years, that will calm down but not straight away, I'd get on and list it as soon as you can. maybe start there as an auction.

Bumblebee2000
16th August 2019, 06:51 PM
Wow. That's not what I was expecting at all. Will definitely get it ready tomorrow whatever I decide to do. Maybe average my expectations with that suggestion for a similar price.

1AZRAEL1
10th December 2019, 02:54 PM
What would be current value of WST collection? Specifically Silverstreak Thundercracker and Skywarp. A Google search tells me TC and Warp are rare? So therefore I can't find any decent listings for a price. I don't want to ask top dollar, but I don't wanna undersell either.

Autocon
11th February 2020, 05:40 AM
Is it good to use ebay for comparing prices for items you are selling?

DarkHyren
11th February 2020, 03:21 PM
Is it good to use ebay for comparing prices for items you are selling?It can be, however make sure to mainly use the Sold listings (found by clicking Sold Items in the refine search section) as that will show you the prices people are actually paying.
You'll find tons of "buy it now" listings for ridiculously high prices but generally those never sell, so they shouldn't be taken as evidence of the actual value of the items in question.
Obviously if the "buy it now" items are around the same price as the sold listings then yes, you can use those to get your values.

Autocon
15th June 2020, 09:44 PM
I couldnt find sold listings on my phone so used whats for sale. What are real gear tfs worth?

Sinnertwin
16th June 2020, 10:51 AM
I couldnt find sold listings on my phone so used whats for sale. What are real gear tfs worth?

If you're on the mobile , use the filter button on the left hand side and select completed listings then done. Should work that way.

DarkHyren
20th June 2020, 02:21 PM
What are real gear tfs worth?It depends on the character but in general loose real gears have sold from between approx $6 to $30 with an average of about $15-16.
Sealed go for more as one would expect, between $13 to $48 with the average being about $25-27.

A few more tips. While ebay can give you an idea of prices, when making a private sale most people will reduce that price by 10% to compensate for not having to pay ebay sales fees.
Contrariwise if they take paypal they may then increase the price by 3-5% to cover fees (most will mention when doing this).
And lastly, when selling in bulk most people will reduce the total price further (all depends on demand or how quickly the seller wants the items gone) in order to entice buyers.

klystron
5th July 2020, 09:40 PM
Is $75 for a (MISB) ROTF Mindwipe a good price?

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2020, 11:52 PM
Negative.

Jetfire in the sky
21st July 2020, 07:00 PM

That's about sold market price on ebay, however private sales should at least be 12-15% less than that, so a $65 price would be ball park, obviously box condition and a few other factors are important.

nalops
30th July 2020, 10:45 PM
What would the ideal price for a YotG Soundwave be these days? I really should've paid attention to it when it was on clearance at Myer for $99 ugh

Oh and what would the ideal price for a Hasbro MP-02 with a broken finger be? Someone's asking $250 for theirs on Facebook but not sure if that's reasonable or not.

Sinnertwin
31st July 2020, 10:49 AM
What would the ideal price for a YotG Soundwave be these days? I really should've paid attention to it when it was on clearance at Myer for $99 ugh

Oh and what would the ideal price for a Hasbro MP-02 with a broken finger be? Someone's asking $250 for theirs on Facebook but not sure if that's reasonable or not.

I'd go $150ish posted for YOTG Soundwave. Being a left field colour scheme, it didnt set the place on fire when it was released.

As for the MP02, $250 isn't *too* bad considering if you were to go the Takara route you'd need to buy Soundwave then fork out extra for the 2 cassette packs which do add up... but that broken finger? That's the sort of stuff that would keep me up at night.

nalops
31st July 2020, 11:18 AM
I'd go $150ish posted for YOTG Soundwave. Being a left field colour scheme, it didnt set the place on fire when it was released.

As for the MP02, $250 isn't *too* bad considering if you were to go the Takara route you'd need to buy Soundwave then fork out extra for the 2 cassette packs which do add up... but that broken finger? That's the sort of stuff that would keep me up at night.

Awesome, thank you so much. There's a YotG Soundwave going for $210 that I was considering but could probably get it for less than that.

I asked about the finger and they replied that "its just where the nubs that connect the finger to hand are loose". Doesn't seem too bad but yea, not sure.

Bidoofdude
4th August 2020, 10:47 AM
Anyone got a rough ballpark of what Encore Sky Lynx (MIB) and YOTH MP Optimus go for? I’m thinking with a lot of this year looking impossible for work with extended lockdown, I’m probably gonna have to sell off some stuff to be able to meet the rest of my Unicron cost.

My YOTH does unfortunately have a few issues, including a breakage on a smoke stack (fixed seemingly seamlessly) and some scratches on the back of a hand (no idea how that happened).

nalops
4th August 2020, 10:55 AM
Would 6 WST loose and complete be worth 150 + postage? They're OP, Megatron, Jazz, Soundwave, Starscream and Thrust.

Autocon
10th November 2020, 10:17 PM
How much should leo prime MP cost? Theres one at zing.

spiderken17
23rd November 2020, 01:41 PM
So i was cleaning out my wardrobe and i found a 2010 SDCC Blaster/cassettes re-issue that i completely forgot i had. They are on ebay for a couple hundred bucks which seems exorbitant, anyone have an idea on a realistic value?

GoktimusPrime
24th November 2020, 12:56 PM
How much should leo prime MP cost? Theres one at zing.
*blows dust off post*

There's no such thing as an MP Leo Prime, but if you're talking about MP Lio Convoy then you're looking at about $262 before post. So Zing's price isn't that bad considering. :)

Sinnertwin
24th November 2020, 03:12 PM
Look around though for MP Lio C, EB/Zing is quite exorbitant with certain items. OMP for instance has it for about $225'ish delivered.
YMMV depending on who you choose to shop with.

Sinnertwin
24th November 2020, 03:13 PM
So i was cleaning out my wardrobe and i found a 2010 SDCC Blaster/cassettes re-issue that i completely forgot i had. They are on ebay for a couple hundred bucks which seems exorbitant, anyone have an idea on a realistic value?

These days, I'd say about -$150 give or take a few bucks should see it move.

Tha_Phantom
24th November 2020, 03:34 PM
You can get a Masterpiece Leo Prime off HLJ (yes Gok you actually can ;)), but I'd go with OMP as Sinn said.

https://www.hlj.com/science-fiction/action-figures/mp-48-transformers-masterpiece-leo-prime-lio-convoy-beast-wars-tkt61497

spiderken17
24th November 2020, 05:13 PM
These days, I'd say about -$150 give or take a few bucks should see it move.

Ta, i thought around 125-150.

nsm034
14th February 2021, 04:59 PM
Looking at selling a few masterpieces but some of the prices vary a lot. Trying to sell them for a fair price and not rip off anyone. Mp24 star sabre, Mp 22 ultramagnus ( first run) , mp 21 g and mp 21 r and Hasbro MP 02 soundwave seem to be the ones with the biggest price fluctations. All are MISB also. Thanks

Jetfire in the sky
25th February 2021, 08:58 PM

Agree with Sinner...if sealed. around $150

Jetfire in the sky
25th February 2021, 09:00 PM
You can get a Masterpiece Leo Prime off HLJ (yes Gok you actually can ;)), but I'd go with OMP as Sinn said.

https://www.hlj.com/science-fiction/action-figures/mp-48-transformers-masterpiece-leo-prime-lio-convoy-beast-wars-tkt61497

OOOOOO do we have some friction here? ;-)

Jaxius._
28th February 2021, 10:59 PM
I saw someone on Facebook looking for UW Guardia/Defensor i paid around $300 for it originally i think but just wondering how much it’s worth?

Sinnertwin
1st March 2021, 01:34 PM
I saw someone on Facebook looking for UW Guardia/Defensor i paid around $300 for it originally i think but just wondering how much it’s worth?

About the same. There's one in the sales yard MISB for $285.
I dont see them being worth much more than that.

1AZRAEL1
26th September 2021, 08:10 AM
Anyone have any idea of the value of a loose complete Euro G1 Fearswoop?

Jaxius._
26th September 2021, 12:48 PM
Anyone have any idea of the value of a loose complete Euro G1 Fearswoop?

I sold a near complete one for around $30 a few years ago

Anyone know the rough value of x9 ravage (misb i think I haven’t got it yet)
Got one in a trade and if i sell it want to know a rough price, research shows 300-400usd

Seraphim Prime
27th September 2021, 09:44 AM
Anyone know the rough value of x9 ravage (misb i think I haven’t got it yet)
Got one in a trade and if i sell it want to know a rough price, research shows 300-400usd

:eek:
Ebay shows that a loose complete one sold for about $380 AUD

And currently there are two MIB ones for between $650 and $700.

Barakas
26th October 2021, 05:45 PM
Any ideas what a MOSC vintage Skydive is worth? I'm having trouble finding a price due to them being available as a re-release.

Firestorm
15th January 2022, 02:36 AM
What's a fair price for a unopened Takara Animated Voyager Wingblade Optimus Prime or the standard Hasbro Voyager Optimus Prime?

Choos
12th March 2023, 05:51 PM
What would be a reasonable price for a (genuine) MP-21 Bumble? I see one on eBay from SA for $150 including postage but that seems a little excessive to me.

DELTAprime
13th March 2023, 12:50 AM
What would be a reasonable price for a (genuine) MP-21 Bumble? I see one on eBay from SA for $150 including postage but that seems a little excessive to me.

That doesn't seem unreasonable if it's MISB given how the MP market goes. But if he's open though, yes, seems excessive to me also.

Choos
13th March 2023, 07:03 AM
That doesn't seem unreasonable if it's MISB given how the MP market goes. But if he's open though, yes, seems excessive to me also.

Appreciate the quick reply, copied from eBay:

"Condition

Figure is in good used condition, joints are tight, paint is good; transforms well. Right rear view mirror doesn't affix properly, needs pin pushed in (as pictured). Box has some small scratches (please see photos of actual item)

Postage and Handling

As a standard, I will offer postage in an eBay flat rate box. The item will be lined with bubble wrap and/or packing peanuts and secured to best try to prevent damage. This option will ensure tracking on all sent items and provide better buyer protection. Signature on delivery is also available for an additional $3.00."

Every review I have watched (and my G2 Gold Bumble) shows only the left review mirror plugs in for vehicle accuracy and the other mirror is actually a spare.

Skullcruncher
4th April 2023, 01:47 PM
Anyone have pricing advice for these RID figures, need to sell. All are opened but all havnt been touched in years. Quillfire only has 1 of 2 accessories.

https://i.ibb.co/9YJ8rX8/IMG-1669.jpg

Autocon
4th April 2023, 06:27 PM
I thought those dcon designs were quite unique and awesome

Skullcruncher
4th April 2023, 08:19 PM
Yeah I think they differ a little to the western releases? Not really sure as I got them for the kids then they never used them!

Choos
30th April 2023, 07:56 PM
May well be a silly question but anyone know a reasonable price to pay for a SS86 Grimlock? I saw one for A$240 which seems a lot but I don’t really know.

JJJ
30th April 2023, 08:37 PM
Well, that's around a 250% increase in what it sold for only two years ago, at mass-market retail on pretty much every shelf it might be imagined on. There will be tens of thousands of the things out there.

Seems unreasonable to me, and I would guess that it can be found elsewhere for a lot less if you are patient and look around. In fact if you search for "studio series Grimlock" instead of "ss86 Grimlock" on ebay (https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=studio+series+grimlock+-kit&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=16) you can get it for a lot less from within Australia (although yes there is a late tax - I'd grab this one (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/166060552476) if it were me).

Choos
1st May 2023, 07:26 AM
Well, that's around a 250% increase in what it sold for only two years ago, at mass-market retail on pretty much every shelf it might be imagined on. There will be tens of thousands of the things out there.

Seems unreasonable to me, and I would guess that it can be found elsewhere for a lot less if you are patient and look around. In fact if you search for "studio series Grimlock" instead of "ss86 Grimlock" on ebay (https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=studio+series+grimlock+-kit&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=16) you can get it for a lot less from within Australia (although yes there is a late tax - I'd grab this one (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/166060552476) if it were me).

Thank you on both accounts!

Choos
3rd May 2023, 08:02 PM
Was watching one (here in Ozstralia) and it indeed went for in excess of A$240. Kinda hope they reissue this one.

Jaxius._
3rd October 2023, 11:00 PM
Hey I’m thinking of selling my LG Ginrai and Godbomber set, they are the individual releases, i have a friend interested and was looking into prices, ebay sold listings are around $500 which seems high personally but i also can’t remember what i paid on release so maybe it’s not as bad as it seems?

Anyway wondering what they retailed for and maybe what people recently sold them for