PDA

View Full Version : Any Spicy Food eaters?

SkyWarp91
11th September 2010, 02:23 AM
Any of us OTCA members also fans of eating spicy foods?

CUrrently I'm eating Vege chips (nautral flavour) and am dipping them in The Chili Factory's Turbo Supercharge Hot Habanero paste (of 10++/10 on spicy scale) and WOW! A single drop of the stuff just burns so bad...

...makes me wonder why the hell I just bought their Devil's Dilemma Jolokia Paste (14/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

SharkyMcShark
11th September 2010, 02:39 AM
I'll take anything with chillis.

My nonno grows some poignant chillis in his back yard.

SkyWarp91
11th September 2010, 03:00 AM
I'll take anything with chillis.

My nonno grows some poignant chillis in his back yard.

Do you know what type of chillis they are?

Today I've acquired a paste form of the world's hottest chilli, the Naga Jolokia. Watch this video to see the carnage at around the 6min mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k47GtwPt9kc&feature=related

GoktimusPrime
11th September 2010, 08:59 AM
I can have mild to medium spiciness... but I can't hack anything seriously hot. :p

Japanese Curry Rice カレーライスFTW :)

5FDP
11th September 2010, 11:47 AM
Triple fillet Bondi Burger from Oporto's with extra chilli FTW :D

griffin
11th September 2010, 05:13 PM
Triple fillet Bondi Burger from Oporto's with extra chilli FTW :D

pfft... child's play... :p

(my favourite non-HJs burger though)

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th September 2010, 05:21 PM
I can have mild to medium spiciness... but I can't hack anything seriously hot. :p
カレーライスFTW :)

Curry rice? LOL, for wimps... Although I do like it and agree FTW!

I like me a bit o chilli eatin'

I went to a chinese restaraunt with some Japanese and Korean friends, we all got a bit drunk, and as the only whitey there was being made fun of as everyone else got chopsticks and I got given a fork (not even asked, as I could use chopsticks).

Then one of the Korean guys (affectionatley known as 'Brother Kim') started harrasing me about weak Australian chilli eating skills. So I took him on in a chilli eating contest and KICKED HIS ASS!:D

Love me some kim Chee (chii?) too!;)

SkyWarp91
11th September 2010, 06:31 PM
Curry rice? LOL, for wimps... Although I do like it and agree FTW!

I like me a bit o chilli eatin'

I went to a chinese restaraunt with some Japanese and Korean friends, we all got a bit drunk, and as the only whitey there was being made fun of as everyone else got chopsticks and I got given a fork (not even asked, as I could use chopsticks).

Then one of the Korean guys (affectionatley known as 'Brother Kim') started harrasing me about weak Australian chilli eating skills. So I took him on in a chilli eating contest and KICKED HIS ASS!:D

Love me some kim Chee (chii?) too!;)

Tets I LOVE KIM CHI, I love how it's served cold yet tastes spicy at the same time and even better is that it goes so well with rice and most instant noodles. However, don't eat too much otherwise you'll develop a horrific KimChi breathe that will scare most people off.

Eruntalon
11th September 2010, 07:54 PM
I put Nando's hot Peri Peri sauce on a lot of day to day food I eat as a flavour enhancer.

1AZRAEL1
12th September 2010, 12:36 PM
I put Nando's hot Peri Peri sauce on a lot of day to day food I eat as a flavour enhancer.

Only hot? That's nothing :p, I bought a bottle of XXX hot of the Nandos Peri Peri sauce, that was pretty potent.

But the silly thing I did once was eat a fresh habanero. Wasn't bad for the first minute, then it hit like a freight train. A cube of ice stopped the burning though.

Speaking of chillis, anyone had chilli vodka? My bro made some for me a little while back, and that was pretty good stuff. I was already kinda tipsy before I had some, but then I had 2 shots of that and I was no longer drunk but high on chilli :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th September 2010, 01:22 PM
I was a fan of this Chilli tequila a while back. Hmm so yummy!

Eruntalon
12th September 2010, 07:11 PM
Only hot? That's nothing :p, I bought a bottle of XXX hot of the Nandos Peri Peri sauce, that was pretty potent.

When I used to work at Nando's my colleagues and I ate this by the teaspoon full then watched each others faces a few seconds later.

Bartrim
12th September 2010, 07:23 PM
I like spicy food. Spicy food doesn't like me;)

1AZRAEL1
13th September 2010, 08:21 AM
I like spicy food. Spicy food doesn't like me;)

Yea I am beginning to get that way as well. Maybe it was all the years of eating hot stuff that I can't handle it much anymore. But I still eat it anyway :p