Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: KOToys- FORT,BRAVE,GRAND Max KOS

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Make your own (or have one made for you). I'm sure it would cost less than $300 and it would be no more authentic than getting a KO styro insert.
    Ah no. Ever heard the saying time is money. I would buy it and do a comparision for the parts with my fort max. Keep the styro and put a self made box with a window on it.

I hope it does bring the price down for parts of fort maxes but for a MIB original one the price will still be up there.

Yay!

I'm pretty happy about this for everyone who doesn't have one. I have one and tbh I don't think it matters if mine is real or not. I want a representation of that character and that figure and I think this makes it more accessible to everyone else.

It's an old product and it was never likely to get re-issued and so few ever had access to it.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Heres a reasonably HQ cog

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-G1-...item2c5abf26d7

You can see the circles on the chest dont seem as deep as the original or the groove between the 'legs' hope that comes across in the right way

Oh, I'm so conflicted. These are the guys who make the high-quality KO's right?

Like these are the ones that are nearly indistinguishable from Hasbro/Takara reissues?

wait til the Scalpers get their mitts on these KOs or not I dont think the price will stay at 300 for long.... from the way these things are in demand even before they ever get produced this will more likely fetch more than $300 in the aftermarket evilbay price. Id like to get one for meself .... oh it's so nice living in the basement
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    wait til the Scalpers get their mitts on these KOs or not I dont think the price will stay at 300 for long.... from the way these things are in demand even before they ever get produced this will more likely fetch more than $300 in the aftermarket evilbay price. Id like to get one for meself .... oh it's so nice living in the basement
    Hmm..

How can KOs be scalped? won't they just make more? I'm sure the KOers will want to sell as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Hmm..

How can KOs be scalped? won't they just make more? I'm sure the KOers will want to sell as much as possible.
    Who knows what scalpers will latch onto but as an example, well remember what happened to those CJ upgrade kit that FP first produced? sold for $20+ those came out, lookit them now on evilbay and weep
    Okay so mebbe those weren't scalped or are sold by scalpers per se but opportunistic bastards who want to get so rich with little measly pieces of plastic not worth the money they charge it for.....

Another example are those fake Headmaster sets - originally the maker wanted it sold for just oh around $80 for the whole set. Then some bastards got a whole lot of em and sells em now separately for as much price as the original, at times even more.

Same principle, scalpers know this will sell, so they'd jump on it then there's going to be a bit of a shortage ... then they make their move. Even with the original manufacturers making a second or third run, I doubt they be able to make a lot since I suspect the molds they use for making the KOs aren't as sturdy as what HasTakTom uses and would degenerate quicker thereby only a short run. With the production of all 3 versions that'll make its usage of the molds even more..... let's hope though that this situation Ive thought of never comes to pass twood be a shame to deny legitimate firsthand buyers to own the mod... even if it is unofficial....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Personally I don't think these KO Toys people should be encouraged.

If you want a G1 Fort Max, Grand Max or Brave Max, then save up and buy a real one. If you can't justify paying that much, then move on.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I'll save up for the 2 originals I'm missing my only gripe is not getting ripped with a KO. I really hope they are easily distinguishable from the originals

Not to mention how some sellers will 'complete' a legit figure with parts from a $300 KO and then demand $2000+ that the real ones sell for... and the buyer wouldn't know until they get the toy or scrutinise the parts.

Seeing the recent KO Shockwave reaching a couple hundred dollars in early bidding shows what I was saying years ago - that the KOs might be easy to spot by current collectors when they are released, but after a few years in circulation, sellers will claim they are legit and newer collectors who are unaware of the KOs will pay heaps for them.

As for the KO headmasters, it seems that most of these KOs only have a limited production - they probably use cheaper toolings than Hasbro, so don't last as long. As such, certain items can end up not meeting demand, and fetching prices that rivals the real thing. The only good thing I can see from these KOs, if they are distinguishable from the real thing, is that they will make it cheaper for those of us wanting to buy the real thing (as mentioned above by 5FDP). We just have to be very careful to be sure we don't end up with a KO though.