Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Universe Classics Pics

8 years old watching Beast Wars?
    hmmmmm...where was i?

Well if the Legends class Hound is a measuring stick, deluxe Hound should be Awesomesauce.

Im not sold on most of the Universe repaints, from Minicons, through to the Cybertron Sideways repaint into Ratbat.

I'm glad the Cybertron Evac mold is getting some love, not only is there going to be a red one for Blades, but alos a green one for (I assume) Springer.

Of all the new figures I am looking most forward to Ironhide, even if his prototype looks like is is made out of play-doh.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I can understand some G1 purists being annoyed by a new Cheetor toy, but the Cheetor character has been around for 12 years, and was the kid-identifying character of Beast Wars so I think it makes sense. There's just as many young adults coming back to Transformers thanks to the movie and remembering when they were 8 years old watching Beast Wars.
    I think that what STL meant was that if they were going to include Cheetor, they should also include others from the BW cast, not just him. It makes it kind of pointless to just have Cheetor and not the rest.

I kind of agree. As much as I like Cheetor, they should have made him with a group of BW figures or not at all. Personally I would like to see more interpretations of the G1 characters as BW already had 10th Anniversary and the figures have aged rather well as they still use contemporary toy technology 'updates' are not really necessary as much as it is for G1.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think that what STL meant was that if they were going to include Cheetor, they should also include others from the BW cast, not just him. It makes it kind of pointless to just have Cheetor and not the rest.
    Yep! That's how I understood it too! That and the fact Hasbro keep saying they won't release characters that don't have "real" alt modes (hence why Galvatron is a tank, and why more Dinobots or Insecticons aren't getting made).

Personally, I'd like to see this "thought process" change. I have nothing against BW figures being made!

Like Robzy said, I have no problem w/ BW figures being made. Heck I would love to see improved and modernised versions of Blackarachinia, Rhinox and Terrorsaur whose original toys weren't that great and haven't received much love since from Takara in terms of improvement. It's just that if I'm stuck w/ Cheetor, he's kinda pointless just hanging there next to the rest of the Universe line.

I'm thinking of repainting him as Ravage. Then again Hasbro will probably release it as an exclusive Ravage X9 anyway.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I'm thinking of repainting him as Ravage. Then again Hasbro will probably release it as an exclusive Ravage X9 anyway.
    One already exists

http://www.tfu.info/1999/Predacon/Tr...dacusagent.htm

At least I'm looking forward to this line of toys, a lot of the latest news on upcoming toys has left a bad taste in my mouth but this line is reinstilling my enthusiasm for buying more TF's. I have roughly spent $400 U.S on Microman toys lately because of all the TF repaints and the up and coming ugly animation line.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, Universe is turning out to be a LOT better than I had expected!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Cool, thanks, the only pity is that the head is wrong.

Time will tell if it's doable.
    Which brings us to where we are today...