Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The OTCA fan repaint/remold wish-list thread

Default The OTCA fan repaint/remold wish-list thread

Tried looking for a thread about the repaint ideas people want and couldn't find one, so here it is just in time for the end of Botcon 2010.
    Old molds, new molds - post your repaint or remold wants here!

My wish list for the latest Botcon offerings is...
    HtfD Hubcap into Goldbug - he's currently scheduled for a Big Daddy scheme but the last Movie run gave us a decent Big Daddy already, and with all the Bumblebees around over the past few years a new Goldbug would be a welcome addition. As long as I'm dreaming G1 Season 3 dreams an Ultra Magnus rerelease would be nice too - my empty CC armor could use a <$100-odd body to fit around.
    Voyager Highbrow looks like a sweet mold but isn't very Highbrow-esque...It'd make a sweet Thunderwing (repaint) or RotF Springer (ideally with a head remold) IMO.
    PCC Leadfoot into Fizzle or maybe Blaze, I was thinking Mirage but we have Classics Mirage in the CHUG lines already and some Sparkabots luvvin' wouldn't go astray. Dragstrip would be OK too, especially if we got a Huffer-to-Motormaster repaint and a Scout Wildrider to complete the Stunticons set.
    WFC Prime head remold, in G1 Kup colours - he already sorta looks like a Cybertronian pickup truck as it is.
    Terradive into Cyclonus, dammit.
    Tomahawk would make an awesome Rotorstorm or Whirl update - I'd prefer Rotorstorm since we've had so many more Whirls already, and the cheesy grin in the promo just screams Wreckers Rotorstorm to me.
    Brimstone into Cybertron Lugnutz, ideally with a less sinister head.
    Voyager Payload/Long Haul to G1 Wide Load.

Also is it just me or does the latest Desert Ruins set look like a vomit-themed redeco?

EDIT - the thread's not intended as limited to the current Botcon reveals btw, they're just what was on my mind today what with them being the most current in TF news. If nothing else maybe an errant suggestion will give some of our custom-making crew a good idea they wouldn't have thought of otherwise, i.e. I reckon a Universe Nemesis Prime from the Big Convoy mold would make an awesome Big Daddy with a little repainting, but I seriously doubt Hasbro/TakaraTomy will ever do it. If we're lucky some Hasbro dude will chance upon the thread and take up a few of the suggestions, but until Hasbro decides to hire us all to do this full-time it's more of an idea-airing thread. We're still getting repainted Energon and Cybertron figures and the occasional G1 rerelease, so if it can be repainted or remolded please feel free to suggest it - if you're a customiser and have already done it post a pic or link to the thread/post/image in question so we can share your creative genius.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 27th June 2010 at 10:01 PM.

The new Terradive would make a nice Strafe (better than Cyclonus repainted as Strafe).

Tomahawk in Spinister's colours would go well with Jetblade who reminds me a bit of Needlenose.

Tomahawk into Rotorstorm is the sole thing on my wish list here. The toy would look perfect repainted into Rotorstorm.

Maybe Universe Legends Megatron remolded slightly into Guzzle? Might work, might not.

I don't think we'll get Tomahawk into Whirl or Rotorstorm - the colours are too similar (all mainly blue). I would like to see Tomahawk into Springer.

Meantime as "Classics" Time Warrior. Just remould the insignia and repaint.

PCC Bombshock as Cybertron Scattorshot.

The new yellow box movie toys have very traditional G1 faces. I would like the helicopter guy to be repainted into Rotorstorm

The complete cast of animated seekers!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Well as Im playing with the figure now, Energon Megsy into Thunderwing - with a new head mold of course and a different drone - instead of the small tank, mebbe a smaller plane piggy backing it. Also give it a Matrix Bling as homage/reference to the Marvel g1 story
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    Well as Im playing with the figure now, Energon Megsy into Thunderwing - with a new head mold of course and a different drone - instead of the small tank, mebbe a smaller plane piggy backing it.
    Like this? (from BotCon 2010):
    http://tformers.net/g/albums/13786/P1060987.JPG
    http://tformers.net/g/albums/13786/P1060988.JPG
    http://tformers.net/g/albums/13786/P1060991.JPG