View Poll Results: Rts Trailbreaker - worth buying?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 86.67%
  • Only if cheap

2 13.33%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - RtS Trailcutter

Default Toy Review - RtS Trailcutter

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Toy Review - Trailcutter
    Series - Reveal the Shield
    Sub-line - N/A
    Size/class - Legend
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here - Feb 2011
    Approximate Retail Price - $6-$7
    Approximate Size -
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Camper truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - None
    Main Colours - Black, red, grey, blue
    Main Accessories - none

At first I wasn't too sure about the toy because it seemed really loose but once I realised the chest actually snaps into place in robot mode I was more sold on it.

It captures the G1 toy look more than the G1 cartoon/comic model, so he's as short and stout as the original toy.

I say buy it because, mostly, it's finally a proper Trailbreaker homage.

The way the arms form the back of the vehicle mode mean that a Hoist repaint will either be a compromise or won't happen.

I hope they resolve that by the time they design the Trailbreaker/Hoist deluxe figure for Classics 4.0

I'm quite impressed with this toy. As Paulbot said, it captures G1 Trailbreaker quite well -- and to have achieved this with a small and cheap Legends figure makes it all the more impressive. It's a far better G1 homage than say Universe Powerglide.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

This whole series of Legends is getting better and better! Trail"cutter" is a fantastic little homage to the original big guy! Highly recommended!

I think it's a great legends class figure, these guys are gradually getting more and more complex. as far as I can tell it has more articulation than the original toy with all it's ball joints.

The design is very clever, with the hinge section of the shoulder actually providing window definition in vehicle mode. it also holds together very well in both vehicle and robot mode. the paint apps, while sparse, are elegant and very functional.

I rate it pretty high, now all they have to do is bring out a deluxe size in the next couple years you know they will

I never use to like Legends class toys, prefer them to be big but this guy is a pure win. Better engineering then some of the larger scale toys.
    Excellent tribute

I just opened this today and I was surprised indeed. I'm kinda reconsidering buying the rest of the G1 legends now or even the ez collection version if ever they ran out locally.
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel-J View Post
    I just opened this today and I was surprised indeed. I'm kinda reconsidering buying the rest of the G1 legends now or even the ez collection version if ever they ran out locally.
    I agree. Unfortunately mine is missing a wheel when i opened him. Not a big deal as you don't really notice it in robot mode but not worth driving back to exchange him.